FedEx Freight | Pocono

You won't likely get any reply... meaning, point made. ;)

Well since you must know, When the 3rd union company closed down, i went to work at a Non-Union carrier? The weekly cost for the employee was 0. I didn't have to pay a dime. And it was nice but i wasn't making jack. And even though i pay a little for insurance i am compensated well for the work i do here at FEDEX Freight. So i ask you the same thing i asked GO40, How do the teamsters offer such good insurance??

Where I disagree with you is the necessity for someone else to cover your expenses for you. As a business owner, I voluntarily cover my own costs. What I want to know is what's stopping anyone else from doing the same? It's called looking out for yourself, and most younger people have had to learn how to do just that without help from anyone.
I know what your saying but that's your choice, my point is if your going to get benefits get the best you can.

I know what your saying but that's your choice, my point is if your going to get benefits get the best you can.
And my point is that some people don't have the capital to own a business or simply choose not to. But if they're comfortable looking out for themselves, they don't want or need a free ride.

You failed to answer my question. To answer your question it comes from contract negotiations
Correct, And the company the union is negotiating with flips the bill for the insurance. So you are going to tell me that if we vote in the union, FEDEX will just go ahead and agree to pay for the insurance when they can't afford to do it now. I am going to say it now, maybe the union did shut those other companies down.

And my point is that some people don't have the capital to own a business or simply choose not to. But if they're comfortable looking out for themselves, they don't want or need a free ride.
Not everyone wants to own their own business & the ones that do have to match benefits of there fellow competitors or they won't be able to hire/ retain people...

Let's not forget the HUGE power of negotiated rates! The Teamster's shear numbers, make the rates for such good insurance affordable, for the company. Kind of a win/win.

Correct, And the company the union is negotiating with flips the bill for the insurance. So you are going to tell me that if we vote in the union, FEDEX will just go ahead and agree to pay for the insurance when they can't afford to do it now. I am going to say it now, maybe the union did shut those other companies down.
I now see the light...fedex can't afford it!! Why dident you say that before, it's all good now...

Not everyone wants to own their own business & the ones that do have to match benefits of there fellow competitors or they won't be able to hire/ retain people...
Contractors with FedEx don't seem to have that problem. Lots of hired drivers here and none with benefits. They work for contractors who compensate them well for their work and nobody is asking for anything more than a good day's wage here.

Benefits aren't necessary if you look after yourself. You control your own destiny. Spend your money or save it. Nobody is obligated to take care of you. Everyone is hiring right now. It's a driver's choice market right now.

Contractors with FedEx don't seem to have that problem. Lots of hired drivers here and none with benefits. They work for contractors who compensate them well for their work and nobody is asking for anything more than a good day's wage here.

Benefits aren't necessary if you look after yourself. You control your own destiny. Spend your money or save it. Nobody is obligated to take care of you. Everyone is hiring right now. It's a driver's choice market right now.
Did you ever think that the laws are different In Canada then in the lower 48? The FedEx ground drivers down here don't receive benefits & it shows....

Many of us were hired under terms saying the company provided paid family coverage with $100 deductibles... premium coverage. That was cut, with little or no increase in pay to allow for "covering ones self". With no contract, we have no recourse, other than the attempt you've seen playing itself out.

Last edited:
Did you ever think that the laws are different In Canada then in the lower 48? The FedEx ground drivers down here don't receive benefits & it shows....
The labor laws aren't that different here. The problem with Ground (and why I refused an offer to contract with them) is that many of their runs don't have enough miles. In other cases, contractors do not compensate fairly, a practice I consider abhorrent as it breeds no loyalty from your drivers.

Ground and Freight Canada are similar, but not the same. FXFC has a little more involvement with contractor and driver relationships in the interest of keeping freight moving.

I now see the light...fedex can't afford it!! Why dident you say that before, it's all good now...

Good now follow that light, and when you get to the end you will see the teamsters dream of unionizing FEDEX fall off the edge of the cliff. But don't look to hard i would hate to hear you fell with it. But i guess your insurance will cover it.

Many of os were hired under terms saying the company provided paid family coverage with $100 deductibles... premium coverage. That was cut, with little or no increase in pay to allow for "covering ones self". With no contract, we have no recourse, other than the attempt you've seen playing itself out.
I won't argue that it's unfair of FedEx to change the game. I won't protect FedEx's poor practices.

Good now follow that light, and when you get to the end you will see the teamsters dream of unionizing FEDEX fall off the edge of the cliff. But don't look to hard i would hate to hear you fell with it. But i guess your insurance will cover it.
Ya your probably right, but at least they won't be prying my hands from the wheel I will enjoy my pension & if not my wife & kids will... Happy motoring....

The good thing abou Obamacare is those guys WILL eventually have insurance and them or their owner operator employers wont be frseloading off me with their unpaid medical bills.