FedEx Freight | Point system is back

mtd

TB Lurker
Credits
News from sbr .if you are sick and you call out 2 points,if you miss your gate time 2 points.20 points and you are gone .do you think this is first step toward old points system.and whos idea it is mr underwood or corporation

That comes across as a no win situation, IF TRUE. To treat one center differently as a punitive measure would leave them wide open for a lawsuit. On the other hand, if they proceed and take that policy system wide, it will anger many more drivers. Like I said, if true, they shot themselves in the foot. But,not like they care what we think anyways.

Not without a contract, you are at-will employees without representation, they have the right to do business any way management desires.
That comes across as a no win situation, IF TRUE. To treat one center differently as a punitive measure would leave them wide open for a lawsuit. On the other hand, if they proceed and take that policy system wide, it will anger many more drivers. Like I said, if true, they shot themselves in the foot. But,not like they care what we think anyways.

News from sbr .if you are sick and you call out 2 points,if you miss your gate time 2 points.20 points and you are gone .do you think this is first step toward old points system.and whos idea it is mr underwood or corporation

Ah life under old Martin !!!!!

2 points for sick, they can get away with, if system wide. Any points for missed gate times (alone) will run afoul with FMCSA regulations. You simply can't receive corrective action for missing gate times alone. Now, if you are observed not actively engaged in performing company and regulatory required duties, then you can receive corrective action, for that.

Not saying an overbearing supervisor or manager won't write you up, but it won't stick, and you can get it tossed out. :Rulz:

2 points for sick, they can get away with, if system wide. Any points for missed gate times (alone) will run afoul with FMCSA regulations. You simply can't receive corrective action for missing gate times alone. Now, if you are observed not actively engaged in performing company and regulatory required duties, then you can receive corrective action, for that.

Not saying an overbearing supervisor or manager won't write you up, but it won't stick, and you can get it tossed out. :Rulz:

I miss gate times on a pretty regular basis, not because the freight is late, I'm usually sitting in the outbound bay getting something fixed because the previous driver didn't do a proper post trip. Still don't understand how a driver doing a post trip can miss a blowout with mudflap/tail lights missing, and nothing but sidewalls left of the tire. But I guess when he/she bumped tires there wasn't a problem.

Not without a contract, you are at-will employees without representation, they have the right to do business any way management desires.

I apologize in advance for butting in. But since NJ is not a RTW state are the SBR drivers actually at will employees?

One of our drivers told me that he had a question on the attendance policy so he called HR in Harrison for a straight answer. He was told it was up to each center to set the policy. Guess they can try to have different rules for different centers.

I apologize in advance for butting in. But since NJ is not a RTW state are the SBR drivers actually at will employees?

I think so as the election results are probably being challenged by the company, but since a vote has taken place anyone fired the company had better be able to show that it wasn't in retaliation for trying to organize. Even tho NJ is not a RTW, the employees that are working there knew that when they went to work it was not a union company, so they we/are still at will of the company. but s stated earlier if anyone is fired they better have their ducks in a row, as there will certainly be questions asked.

One of our drivers told me that he had a question on the attendance policy so he called HR in Harrison for a straight answer. He was told it was up to each center to set the policy. Guess they can try to have different rules for different centers.

Center discretion, on ATTENDANCE policy? Seriously? Problems galore... HR, becoming spin masters? Say it ain't so...

Center discretion, on ATTENDANCE policy? Seriously? Problems galore... HR, becoming spin masters? Say it ain't so...

Hr states it's up to management's decisions on how to interpret the rules for the best interest of the center. That's what we have been told.

More lies and scare tactics to get you to vote yes. Dont drink the union koolaid. These guys will try anything to get a yes vote. Shameless!!

More lies and scare tactics to get you to vote yes. Dont drink the union koolaid. These guys will try anything to get a yes vote. Shameless!!

Who are you kidding? Call hr yourself and ask that very question and find out. I know you probably wont, but you will get on here, uninformed, and argue it's true.