FedEx Freight | Point system is back

if they gave all of drivers 2 points for getting out the gate late we would need a dozen new drivers in 11 days

How many points do supervisors get for closing us late? Yeah and dispatchers that dispatch you before bills are ready!! People check you dispatch sheet if the time isn't the same as when they handed to you make them reprint! If they refuse call central and Hr! Louisville use to be notorious about dispatching before ready!

One of our drivers told me that he had a question on the attendance policy so he called HR in Harrison for a straight answer. He was told it was up to each center to set the policy. Guess they can try to have different rules for different centers.

Hey......this just in !!! I just read this post from a guy who heard from a guy that called some guy in Harrison.

That makes me a guy who read from a guy that heard from a guy that called some guy.

Oh crap ! That makes you a guy( or girl) that read from a guy that read from another guy that heard from a guy that called a guy in Harrison.

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss gate on a regular basis. The problem doesnt stem from my capability to hook a set. It stems from management only giving me 5 mins to do so. If this is in.deed true. Will management be held liable for the missed gates as harshly as the drivers? I will not be forced to do a job in 5min D.O.T manadates to be completed in 30.

Several years ago our regional director, or whatever he was called, wanted to improve his numbers so he said once we entered the gate we had 20 minutes to be off the clock (as city drivers). We said we can't get everything done in 20 minutes. I told him I would write on the VIR that post trip was not performed due to time restrictions. We never really heard about the 20 minute thing again. I was also chatting with an Express van driver and he said express gives them 7 minutes from the time they arrive to be off the clock. So if the truck needed oil or what have you, you had to punch out then add it so you weren't over the 7 minutes.

One of our drivers told me that he had a question on the attendance policy so he called HR in Harrison for a straight answer. He was told it was up to each center to set the policy. Guess they can try to have different rules for different centers.

Wait a sec....he's a guy that heard from a guy that called a guy in Harrison ?

That makes me a guy that read from a guy that heard from a guy that called a guy.

Amazing !

They can point you until the cows come home. If they fire you for calling in sick, and you can prove you are sick, you have rights. Years ago, a Wichita driver was fired for refusing dispatch. He had just completed his road run and was tired. FedEx fired him, but he won in the end.

Guardrail

Unfortunately most people don't have the financial ability to withstand a long drawn out court process as they watch everything they have worked for slip away only to be told months or even years later that they were the victim of an injustice.

Just a couple excepts from the most recent handout, required to be acknowledged, "understood", and complied with... as it applies to this discussion.

Questions:

1) When is a driver to read the aforementioned Manual, as it's only available at the center?

2) When did they change the "locked trailer" rule to exclude "when driving"?

3) Is everyone aware that it's a violation of policy to pre-hook to a trailer that's still being loaded?

Handbook? Handbook? You have a handbook? When did they start handing out handbooks again? We haven't heard anything or been given one. Is it only the terminals that have petitioned for a vote? Please tell us more.

It's called employees handbook you sign the last page and turn it in so if anything happens they'll tell ypu you have a handbook ask for one there free

I don't know how you center operates but will tell you how ours has operated for years good or bad you can decide.The point system means nothing nor do rules of this mgr or supervisors . The manager runs the center as they want, no rules ,no supervisors are stopping this person from their agenda this person has been shuffled thru this region for years in different jobs and centers and we can't figure it out. Our regional leader and hr have been made aware of it for several years .Intouch line has been used countless times by nearly 55 percent of employees and what happens regional leader comes down and tries to get employees to tell him who is calling in on Mgr . So my point is when does the madness stop and believe me the intimidation is real and ugly and has gotten worse since the union filings by the way our center is not one of them .Our regional leadership and center mgr believe they are above all rules period and too make matters worse its a hostile workplace with this leadership they all know the problem including red shirts because they are also being intimidated by mgr points mean nothing period if you are a threat for whatever reason you will get a beat down to silence the problem.The red shirts are decent people here but the mgr tells them what they want them to do or else they get their arses chewed out.So the bottom line if you have rules as a company why can't our leadership in region follow them a couple big cheeses leaving are not the problem per say but its a start hope they shake up more because their problem is bigger than a couple of people leaving to solve your problems fed x freight .Remember the employees are the problem not our leadership we are told this daily just a couple of disgruntled people and we will fix them accordingly with any means we have to to make us meaning management happy !

I just learned a few things about being an at will employee. After reading this it's hard for me to understand why anyone would want to work without a contract. Especially since the RTW allows them the choice of being protected by a union contract without actually joining the union..

At-Will Employee FAQ's - FindLaw

Yes Crystal I work in TN rtw state and there are men at Holland Memphis that are not Union paying members but receive all the same bennies and representation as I do.

Yes Crystal I work in TN rtw state and there are men at Holland Memphis that are not Union paying members but receive all the same bennies and representation as I do.

I'm just wondering not trying to start a fight. I understand how the representation and stuff works in a RTW state, but what about the retirement and health insurance. Does the company pay into all of that just like their dues paying counterparts or is that separate?

I'm just wondering not trying to start a fight. I understand how the representation and stuff works in a RTW state, but what about the retirement and health insurance. Does the company pay into all of that just like their dues paying counterparts or is that separate?
The freeloader gets all the benefits that the member gets. When it comes to representation the freeloader may get what he pays for if I was there.

Don't the freeloaders have to pay a percentage of the monthly dues amount? I agree that they are freeloaders. They must be some selfish arrogant SOBs to reap the benefits of a union job without paying their fair share of the overhead costs of maintaining that union. I don't understand why any self respecting worker would even apply for a job at Holland or any other union company if they didn't want to be in a union. There are plenty of non union companies hiring...............

After reading the above post I just realized that I'm a guy who just read that a guy heard a guy that called a guy in Harrison.

That certainly is good enough for me !

So you pull out the gate, drive down the street and have a road call breakdown.

so now the 10-20 minute fix...that you needed because they keep screamin " you gotta make gate " > just cost the company a road call charge. If the company would take that outa the supervisors monthly bonus for " gate times" wonder if that would change their tune....oh wait they 'Don't" get bonus's...lol:duh: what was I thinking

How many points do supervisors get for closing us late? Yeah and dispatchers that dispatch you before bills are ready!! People check you dispatch sheet if the time isn't the same as when they handed to you make them reprint! If they refuse call central and Hr! Louisville use to be notorious about dispatching before ready!

How bout when they hand you a piece of paper sayin " here's your hooks. Go ahead n hook, I'll get your dispatch printed so you can make gate. Then 2 your surprise after you hook you realize he gave you the hooks in the wrong order and you have to drop and rehook...ahhh the irony of it all.....:LMAO:

How bout when they hand you a piece of paper sayin " here's your hooks. Go ahead n hook, I'll get your dispatch printed so you can make gate. Then 2 your surprise after you hook you realize he gave you the hooks in the wrong order and you have to drop and rehook...ahhh the irony of it all.....:LMAO:

C'mon man don't you know lead means rear and rear means lead?? Lmao

It's called employees handbook you sign the last page and turn it in so if anything happens they'll tell ypu you have a handbook ask for one there free

Our center does not have such an animal and calls to Harrison say to look on the intranet. Unless it is one of those rules that is left to the centers discretion.

The write up I received, said fedex laws supercede state and federal and may differ. I guess there are state, federal and fedex law. Funny how they can :hissyfit:change what they want. Maybe corporate can change the 10 commandments. I bet it's been debated at some point.