FedEx Freight | Point system is back

The freeloader gets all the benefits that the member gets. When it comes to representation the freeloader may get what he pays for if I was there.

So for those of us that vote no and wish to have nothing to do with the teamsters at a center that ultimately goes Union. We become freeloaders and open to harassment. It is this neanderthal mentality that the teamsters have a history of that keeps me voting NO.

The write up I received, said fedex laws supercede state and federal and may differ. I guess there are state, federal and fedex law. Funny how they can :hissyfit:change what they want. Maybe corporate can change the 10 commandments. I bet it's been debated at some point.

They lied to you. If you had a contract that would apply.

So for those of us that vote no and wish to have nothing to do with the teamsters at a center that ultimately goes Union. We become freeloaders and open to harassment. It is this neanderthal mentality that the teamsters have a history of that keeps me voting NO.

Even EX396 said on here once that "it is unethical not to pay for services you receive" and that he would pay dues if he were a FedEx employee at a center that voted in representation. If someone staunchly anti union can disagree with right to work laws then what's wrong with the rest of you?

Is it a neanderthal mentality that the CIN YES voters don't get their way too?

Even EX396 said on here once that "it is unethical not to pay for services you receive" and that he would pay dues if he were a FedEx employee at a center that voted in representation. If someone staunchly anti union can disagree with right to work laws then what's wrong with the rest of you?
Don't want or need representation from the Teamsters. If their is an issue I walk through that open door and resolve it. Not paying for anything I don't sign up for. Teamster extortion is what I call it.

Don't want or need representation from the Teamsters. If their is an issue I walk through that open door and resolve it. Not paying for anything I don't sign up for. Teamster extortion is what I call it.
If your in a RTW state you don't have to join, that is your choice. It is my choice who I am friends with. O yeah in a union company, as you will eventually find out, that door is closed and locked, and you ain't welcome.

What will likely happen is you'll learn the hard way. You'll coast through for some time, and then that big purple promise will reach out and touch you someday. I bet when that day comes, you cry the loudest for representation. Have no fear though friend, your Teamster brothers will welcome you with open arms. I can't promise they won't say, "I told you so", however.

One more thing though Jinx. You don't get a say in preparation or final voting on your contract if you aren't a member. You will however, work under it when ratified, like it or not. I personally would want a say.

so you wouldnt take all the anti union guys advice on here and leave, to seek non union employment? and you would only be a freeloader if you were not paying dues. your choice.

you anti union guys are so quick to tell someone hit the road, well, if you guys keep voting yes, why dont you take one out of the anti union playbook and get lost?

so you wouldnt take all the anti union guys advice on here and leave, to seek non union employment? and you would only be a freeloader if you were not paying dues. your choice.

you anti union guys are so quick to tell someone hit the road, well, if you guys keep voting yes, why dont you take one out of the anti union playbook and get lost?
I know that one of the things anti guys say are go to work for a union company, but I don't want to start over and I wouldn't tell someone else to either. Once this is over we will all still be co-workers so we should try and be civil to one another.

As per FMCSA, it is against the law to punish any driver for not driving due to an illness. A Oak Harbor driver sued and won on that very law.
§ 392.3: Ill or fatigued operator.

No driver shall operate a commercial motor vehicle, and a motor carrier shall not require or permit a driver to operate a commercial motor vehicle, while the driver's ability or alertness is so impaired, or so likely to become impaired, through fatigue, illness, or any other cause, as to make it unsafe for him/her to begin or continue to operate the commercial motor vehicle. However, in a case of grave emergency where the hazard to occupants of the commercial motor vehicle or other users of the highway would be increased by compliance with this section, the driver may continue to operate the commercial motor vehicle to the nearest place at which that hazard is removed.

If your in a RTW state you don't have to join, that is your choice. It is my choice who I am friends with. O yeah in a union company, as you will eventually find out, that door is closed and locked, and you ain't welcome.
The Teamsters will not get every center. I will work to keep at least one Teamsters free.

Going to hang around just to be a pain in your @@@

One more thing though Jinx. You don't get a say in preparation or final voting on your contract if you aren't a member. You will however, work under it when ratified, like it or not. I personally would want a say.

I'm not you. Not a follower. Keep your advice.

Not here to be your friend. unlike most now in this forum I am employed by a good company ( FedEx) that pays me a good wage and I like going to work everyday with good people. 90k a year,4 weeks, vacation working 56 hours a week. When I'm sick I call in. Not seeing your issues. I like my job.

How many points do supervisors get for closing us late? Yeah and dispatchers that dispatch you before bills are ready!! People check you dispatch sheet if the time isn't the same as when they handed to you make them reprint! If they refuse call central and Hr! Louisville use to be notorious about dispatching before ready!

Exactly! This is one of the oldest tricks in the book a disp and red shirt will use. For example, if u have a 8:00 show/gate for 8:30 a redshirt on the dock will scan every bill in your lane on just to close the box(es) out b4 8:00 but still will have the dock worker loading it. they'll close the trailer out b4 8:00 to save his/her tail...if they close it out after 8:00 then the error falls on them and not the disp if you are late out the gate. Another one is the redshirt closes the box out b4 8:00 but the disp is waiting on bills....the disp will dispatch u with your top sheet sitting in front of them until the bills come in. This is to cover the disp tail. Now your hook time is being wasted waiting on bills and if u are late out the gate then it will look like u are at fault. Ask for a re-print of your disp...this will give u a fresh 30min from the time stamp in the top left corner of your disp. It's trickery at its best!......

This is post is not true. I checked it out myself at the source.

Remember, everything is frozen. They are under Teamsters representation.
This would be asinine on the company's part to implement such a rule now.

Don't argue myths. Don't argue at all. Have discussions and learn from them. Divide and conquer serves no one but the company.

Check and verify what you hear and read. Be well informed on what is going on at you terminal.

Question all parties. YOU get the answers yourself. Not someone else's opinion.

Take care and be informed.