XPO | Poised for the Kill!!!

you are 100% right my man....

oh mighty president obama:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

please end the recession.
Don't be so sure of that. Why would someone pay $5000 or $10,000 or $5 for that matter, for a tractor that needs to be retrofitted ($10,000 to $20,000) to meet EPA standards by next year. Why don't we put our sales force to good use and have them find buyers for these POS in another country? Hey, maybe we can make it a new Con-way contest!!

Don't be so sure of that. Why would someone pay $5000 or $10,000 or $5 for that matter, for a tractor that needs to be retrofitted ($10,000 to $20,000) to meet EPA standards by next year. Why don't we put our sales force to good use and have them find buyers for these POS in another country? Hey, maybe we can make it a new Con-way contest!!

As a matter of fact, alot of our old tractors wind up in Central and South America...the vast majority of buyers buy 5-10 at a time..

As a matter of fact, alot of our old tractors wind up in Central and South America...the vast majority of buyers buy 5-10 at a time..

Why don't we send them to our business interests in China. Over there these Fords and Sterlings would be like the "hoods" and "large cars" that we have here in the States.

Sure would be better than their "bicycle trucks" that they have now. :biglaugh:

:wtflol:I can just see greedy little grubby hands rubbing together in the LTL industry over the following article...

Traffic World OnLine - Trucking

YRC Bankruptcy Risk High, says Analyst
1/26/2009
John Gallagher
Associate Editor

Details of the waiver conditions YRC Worldwide obtained from its bank lenders Jan. 16 reveal that the nation's largest trucking company may not have improved its chances of avoiding bankruptcy, according to Wall Street analyst Ed Wolfe of Wolfe Research.

YRC's banks provided the waivers until mid-February to allow sufficient time to amend its credit facilities and renew asset backed securitization without a delay in reporting the company's 2008 results.

However, Wolfe pointed out that the temporary waivers, which expire Feb. 17, carry conditions, including restricting YRC from executing asset sales of above $30 million. The waivers terminate if YRC incurs more than $30 million of additional indebtedness, fails to deposit cash proceeds from asset sales into an account maintained by the administrative agent under the credit agreement, or requests a loan other than a disbursement related to a letter of credit, among other conditions.

"We believe the restrictive conditions in these waivers likely shows how little hand YRCW has left in these negotiations and we continue to believe a high risk of some form of bankruptcy remains."

I feel sorry for those people at YRC and their families for the seemingly inevitable loss of their livelihood...

This will be the death of an icon in our industry due to some very bad management decisions. I have followed this fiasco for quite sometime. Their CEO is an idiot. He and his minions managed to get a guaranteed severance package approved by the Board of Directors as recently as last week.

Amazing...kill a company and livelihood of thousands and walk away with enough money to live well for the rest of your days.

I have friend of mine who works for them with over 20 years seniority and he figures he is out of a job after the COO.

Pathetic!!!!!

So heres to our friends and colleagues in the BIZ...better times are coming for you and yours...my prayers are with you :guiness:

Rat :loser:
Ok now what? GRIZZ

Ok now what? GRIZZ

Try to hold on to the business....What was purchased here was time, and YRCW did the purchasing...you think these lenders just extended them until April out of the goodness of their heart..?? Sorry, that's gonna cost you..Most analysts figure this is about all that happened..I missed their conference call yesterday, but since they had it after the close of the market, they weren't all that pleased with it...most thought about 10 million to buy more time....keep shrinking...it's their only chance for survival now...

BB I can't even come off sarcastic when trying. Anyway thanks for your take on this whole mess. One thing I'm lost on is the April date you issued to us. Somebody has interested in us, Volumes off over 5 mill, stock has just about doubled. I understand were at the bottom of the barrel, but the outlook in my eyes is inproving. Again thanks for your reply. One more thing, I worked for a man my 1st 14 years at Holland that sounds a lot like yourself. I might add that it was the best 14 years of my 30 years of trucking. With that said, let me know if ya have any openings. Ha GRIZZ

BB I can't even come off sarcastic when trying. Anyway thanks for your take on this whole mess. One thing I'm lost on is the April date you issued to us. Somebody has interested in us, Volumes off over 5 mill, stock has just about doubled. I understand were at the bottom of the barrel, but the outlook in my eyes is inproving. Again thanks for your reply. One more thing, I worked for a man my 1st 14 years at Holland that sounds a lot like yourself. I might add that it was the best 14 years of my 30 years of trucking. With that said, let me know if ya have any openings. Ha GRIZZ

Sorry Grizz...I have first dibbs on the left coast.

For one thing BoxB has pool parties at his house with strippers! That would be fringe benefit #1.

Fringe benefit #2 would be that he has at his barn (IIRC) some 95 Fords that I as of late have puttting a lot of time in.

Fringe #3 is that wonderful bike riding climate they have.

Need I say more?

Go find your own hiding place...mine is on the west caost 'in the surf'.:tongue

Rat :popcorn:

PS...With the new stimulus package the government will move me there...buy me a home (strippers included)...finance two new bikes and not require me to pay for any of them...pay my utlities for two years...and give me a new Mercedes to drive to work in the once in a while inclement weather...did I say strippers were included???

BB I can't even come off sarcastic when trying. .......................

Sarcasm is soooo negative and it never achieves the intended point.

And since no humor can be found in sarcasm, why use it?

If the economy were booming, the old trucks would have been sold off and we wouldn't even be having this discussion..

Thats Bull we had oldold trucks when the economy was booming, they would retire them strip the decals then bring them back. Those of us who always drove old trucks never foget:nutkick:

That's Bull we had old old trucks when the economy was booming, they would retire them strip the decals then bring them back. Those of us who always drove old trucks never forget:nutkick:
used to work for emery world wide air lines aka post office not to be confused with air freight at xmas time just before thanksgiving they would haul all those old junks to us and say its only for 1mo while lease drivers came and used our equipment I do feel for ya all that junk they tow:flame:ed in should have been put on a barge and sunk for a reef other then that melt it down that's how good it was :duh:

Something tells me the Southeast region would dominate this competition. You do bring up a good challenge though. My only rule is no chicks from... Never mind...

:hide: The SE Region only dominates the free, or minimal inside delivery fees: we work for a living up north!!!!:smilie_132:

Careful longtime. I happen to know for a fact that your house (at least one of them) is so close to that north south border and you've been there long enough that maybe it has taked over your ways.:biglaugh:

Sorry Grizz...I have first dibbs on the left coast.

For one thing BoxB has pool parties at his house with strippers! That would be fringe benefit #1.

Fringe benefit #2 would be that he has at his barn (IIRC) some 95 Fords that I as of late have puttting a lot of time in.

Fringe #3 is that wonderful bike riding climate they have.

Need I say more?

Go find your own hiding place...mine is on the west caost 'in the surf'.:tongue

Rat :popcorn:

PS...With the new stimulus package the government will move me there...buy me a home (strippers included)...finance two new bikes and not require me to pay for any of them...pay my utlities for two years...and give me a new Mercedes to drive to work in the once in a while inclement weather...did I say strippers were included???

Yes but I heard the strippers were from ChipnDales:biglaugh:

Thats Bull we had oldold trucks when the economy was booming, they would retire them strip the decals then bring them back. Those of us who always drove old trucks never foget:nutkick:

Maybe it was different out Ohio way...out here, 9 years, shut 'em down, sell them off, move on...on occasion, unretire one to use as a swap at a shop location..

I have to agree with this. I remember 2005 when things were booming they were bringing the old trucks back out of retirement instead of getting new ones. At my now closed terminal, the last 5 or 6 guys on line were happy to get an old Ford to stay out of a city unit. We even had old old city units moved to us because we needed trucks. It didn't get better till we got a bunch of 2006's. Maybe it seems this way because we are slow but I almost think our truck selection is better now than it was in 2005. My barn has a lot of 2006's and we do not have assigned trucks so you have the same chance of getting a 97 as you do a 2006. Whatever comes in when you are going out is what you get.