FedEx Freight | Poll: Oct. Compensation Increase

What do you think about the recently announced compensation increase?

• Outstanding

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • very good

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • neutral

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • disappointing

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • insulting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
By now everyone should be aware of the announced Compensation increase, effective in Oct.

We were told: $.75/hour, $.01/mile increase. City driver vacation benefit brought up to par with road driver vacation benefit, based on a percentage of annual eligible earnings.

What do you think?

Last edited:
By now everyone should be aware of the announced Compensation increase, effective in Oct.

We were told: $..75/hour, $.01/mile increase. City driver vacation benefit brought up to par with road driver vacation benefit, based on a percentage of annual elligible earnings.

What do you think?
As s road driver I'm happy for the city drivers that get their vacation averaged it should have been done long before now. Feel like the increases should have been the same percentage for both.

The GPD needs to be looked at harder. Union talk quieted down after GBO and HKY got the GPD and the rest that should get it got left out. Just because you live on the coast and maybe in a tourist town doesn't mean it costs less to live. But what do I know.......I;m just a dumb driver.

Premiums went up. Plans stayed the same. Expect a minimum of $18 increase a month. Thanks for this FedEx. Joke insurance run by cigna.

I think the raise amount is solid (not to be confused with a GPD adjust). It may have been better if the past fiscal year (and market) had been stronger.

The city vacation improvement, is outstanding. Industry leading, even. Credit for that goes out to current leadership effort, up to and including, Mike Ducker, IMHO.:1036316054:

I think the raise amount is solid (not to be confused with a GPD adjust). It may have been better if the past fiscal year (and market) had been stronger.

The city vacation improvement, is outstanding. Industry leading, even. Credit for that goes out to current leadership effort, up to and including, Mike Ducker, IMHO.
I'll agree with the enhanced vacation wage rate for the city drivers...(well, for those who get it anyways, for some that's a negotiable item)...about time!! :1036316054:

I'll agree with the enhanced vacation wage rate for the city drivers...(well, for those who get it anyways, for some that's a negotiable item)...about time!! :1036316054:

The raise is a joke when it doesn't cover the cost of living and your healthcare is going up. It's funny how the company came out to give the vacation pay of 1/52 to the city, that is 1 of 40 items in the proposal in the negotiations lmao

The raise is a joke when it doesn't cover the cost of living and your healthcare is going up. It's funny how the company came out to give the vacation pay of 1/52 to the city, that is 1 of 40 items in the proposal in the negotiations lmao
You don't have to accept the raise, nor to you have to accept the insurance. You can donate that .75 per hour to any charity that you wish and opt out of our insurance and purchase Obummercare...no one is twisting your arm!!
Funny how the enhanced vacation wage rate has been in the works for awhile, long before any demands were made...and the city drivers at CLT & EPH don't get the enhancement, that has to be negotiated. There are other enhancements to come, but I guess you'll claim you demanded those as well...that we also won't get because they too will have to be negotiated!!

Last edited:
You don't have to accept the raise, nor to you have to accept the insurance. You can donate that .75 per hour to any charity that you wish and opt out of our insurance and purchase Obummercare...no one is twisting your arm!!
Funny how the enhanced vacation wage rate has been in the works for awhile, long before any demands were made. There are other enhancements to come...but I guess you'll claim you demanded those as well.
Please enlighten us all of the enhancements Red .

If you think the raise is a joke then you must think the union is a joke because it take them long to negotiate for it.