FedEx Freight | Poll: Oct. Compensation Increase

What do you think about the recently announced compensation increase?

• Outstanding

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • very good

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • neutral

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • disappointing

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • insulting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You don't have to accept the raise, nor to you have to accept the insurance. You can donate that .75 per hour to any charity that you wish and opt out of our insurance and purchase Obummercare...no one is twisting your arm!!
Funny how the enhanced vacation wage rate has been in the works for awhile, long before any demands were made...and the city drivers at CLT & EPH don't get the enhancement, that has to be negotiated. There are other enhancements to come, but I guess you'll claim you demanded those as well...that we also won't get because they too will have to be negotiated!!

Red it really is a no Brainer bud. $30 increase with a raise compared to what the healthcare will be. But that's only for now, next year will be interesting. Red it's called negotiations for a reason that my friend is a good thing. Does all other 366 centers get to negotiate anything. Remember you guys saying we would never get nothing or everything will be frozen and look now. All you and the company has are the fear factor to scare the work force and that's it.

Red it really is a no Brainer bud. $30 increase with a raise compared to what the healthcare will be. But that's only for now, next year will be interesting. Red it's called negotiations for a reason that my friend is a good thing. Does all other 366 centers get to negotiate anything. Remember you guys saying we would never get nothing or everything will be frozen and look now. All you and the company has are the fear factor to scare the work force and that's it.
Again, if you don't want the raise you can donate it...I'll take the money myself!! The union agreed to allow the increases to our premiums...I thought you guys said they were gonna get us free healthcare?? The enhanced vacation wage rate increase is frozen for the city drivers of CLT, they don't get it, the union said it must be negotiated!! We'll leave the fear mongering up to you guys, obviously you haven't read the comments on the pro FB page!! Wow!!

Red stop spinning there bud I know you have your in down in clt. This agreement is just for now and as far as the vacation that wasn't even discussed because it don't go into effect until January so it's 5 months away. But you keep letting them pull your strings to talk. I like when the string gets pulled and your mouth opens.

Red it's funny that your life is so consumed on tb spewing bs. Don't you have a life. You have friends outside of here, a woman children dude you need a life. I hope we'll I know the company is taking care ofbyou. Anyone else would be getting paid for what you do for them. Just think your doing it for special privileges for yourself.

Again, if you don't want the raise you can donate it...I'll take the money myself!! The union agreed to allow the increases to our premiums...I thought you guys said they were gonna get us free healthcare?? The enhanced vacation wage rate increase is frozen for the city drivers of CLT, they don't get it, the union said it must be negotiated!! We'll leave the fear mongering up to you guys, obviously you haven't read the comments on the pro FB page!! Wow!!
I did donate it to a driver who has cancer how about you.

Red it's funny that your life is so consumed on tb spewing bs. Don't you have a life. You have friends outside of here, a woman children dude you need a life. I hope we'll I know the company is taking care ofbyou. Anyone else would be getting paid for what you do for them. Just think your doing it for special privileges for yourself.
What an asinine post!!
So does this mean you're doubly consumed and you're getting paid double for all you do on TB AND FB??? Or maybe you're getting double special privileges from the hall???

I think the raise amount is solid (not to be confused with a GPD adjust). It may have been better if the past fiscal year (and market) had been stronger.

The city vacation improvement, is outstanding. Industry leading, even. Credit for that goes out to current leadership effort, up to and including, Mike Ducker, IMHO.:1036316054:
They finally do the right thing on driver vacation and everyone is going nuts over it. Its like patting someone on the back because the stop beating their wife. They finally did the right thing,WOW. How many years ago should this have been fixed? As far as MD goes as a coworker said "hes no Sheridan Garrison but he's as clone as they could get". Don't be fooled All the things that we have got is because of the trouble we had in our centers over the last two years and nothing else. What current leadership effort are you talking about?

14067690_1408296042519668_5692944589707834034_n.jpg

This was posted on Facebook

They finally do the right thing on driver vacation and everyone is going nuts over it. Its like patting someone on the back because the stop beating their wife. They finally did the right thing,WOW. How many years ago should this have been fixed? As far as MD goes as a coworker said "hes no Sheridan Garrison but he's as clone as they could get". Don't be fooled All the things that we have got is because of the trouble we had in our centers over the last two years and nothing else. What current leadership effort are you talking about?
Filth, maybe I missed it, but I have not seen everyone going nuts over it. It's kind of a big deal though, for three reasons. As you mentioned it has been needed for a long time, but it is also something that previous leadership seemed uncomfortable even discussing. The third reason is that no one else offers that benefit to city drivers. In my opinion it is kind of a big deal.

As far as the "current leadership effort", I agree that much has changed in the past 2 years. The trouble you mentioned has led to the change at the top. Out with B. Logue, in with M. Ducker. I seem to recall, Ducker initiated the PSP philosophy, several improvements to road practices, the return of the bonus, and this correction to the city benefit. Also the willingness to listen seems to be a contributing factor. He's a stand up guy, and deserves some credit for integrity and actually following through on what he says.

You can disagree, but on what grounds?

Last edited:
By now everyone should be aware of the announced Compensation increase, effective in Oct.

We were told: $.75/hour, $.01/mile increase. City driver vacation benefit brought up to par with road driver vacation benefit, based on a percentage of annual eligible earnings.

What do you think?
Does anyone know if local 107 accepted the compensation for EPH