Holland | Possible new hire, about to have an interview with Holland, questions.....

Poncho300

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello all just wondering what am I getting myself into or what to expect with the 15% cut when do ya'll see getting that back and what is going on with the pension. I'm reading some post to try and get some answers but figured I"d just ask some questions if you can some info and more if anyone can add. Have another offer from another little LTL company but thought Holland be a good company to retire with? :emoticon digging: for answers.......

15% not coming back even when contract get renegotiated in couple of years? You have no pension or is it dwindling funds?
15% is never coming back and the Central States Pension Fund (CSPF) is broke, you won't see anything from that as a new hire. Holland is wholly owned by YRC and is not doing all that great. Our sorry excuse for a union sucks. You have to do what you think is right but if I was you I'd look elsewhere.

And you might do yourself justice to read through that Wilson forum too.

15% is never coming back and the Central States Pension Fund (CSPF) is broke, you won't see anything from that as a new hire. Holland is wholly owned by YRC and is not doing all that great. Our sorry excuse for a union sucks. You have to do what you think is right but if I was you I'd look elsewhere.
I always thought union companies were solid, and YRC too big to fail? Maybe Holland would be sold off, I see people complain about management, sad.....

I think OD in GBO is hiring.... I'm out of ATL and have been with OD just a bit over 3 years, there are only 2 places I would work other than right where I'm at.

Listen to these guys.....the 15% is long gone....not coming back. Pension is DEAD! You will be earning an hourly pay with decent insurance---period. Take it if that's all you can get but always be on the lookout for the better companies hiring....Ups Freight,ABF,OD, etc....Holland /Yrc is just about the bottom of the barrel nowadays. Good luck.

In Greensboro there's tons of choices. These guys are spot on about the pension and 15%. Absolutely check out ABF and UPS freight. IMO their tops in ltl followed by FedEx freight, odfl then Holland. Even with the give backs I have a few friends running linehaul at Holland doing 70+ with outstanding insurance. Good Luck

Hello all just wondering what am I getting myself into or what to expect with the 15% cut when do ya'll see getting that back and what is going on with the pension. I'm reading some post to try and get some answers but figured I"d just ask some questions if you can some info and more if anyone can add. Have another offer from another little LTL company but thought Holland be a good company to retire with? :emoticon digging: for answers.......
Allot of what is said About holland is true.But as far as the insurance goes it is top notch and cost you nothing company paid. And hollands work rules will beat 99% any LtL company on the road hands down. You say you will be working out of gbo so you would be working under the Carolina conference. That means you will be paid for every thing you do with out giving any wait time .Drop and hooks , placard loads, break downs, fueling, road closed, Bad weather, your also guaranteed 326 miles a night or 8 hour Pay plus any clock time you accrued with that guarantee the work rules alone should blow your mind. If you have been in Trucking any time at all .Good luck in your choice

I think a real good question is what do you have to offer? If you are a top notch experienced driver with a great work ethic and driving record you can probably find a better job elsewhere. If you have a blemish or two on your driving record or are very young or very old or might have left a previous job on less than perfect terms it might be the perfect job for you. Every persons story is different, Holland is definitely better than a lot of trucking jobs out there, but there are better also. I would like to be the President of a bank but I don't think I meet the qualifications. You have to decide what fits you best, if you live near a terminal give it a try, it usually does not take long to decide if a job is going to work out or not. In a few months if you don't like the way things are going run for the hills and never look back but at least you will know. Do yourself a favor and if you do decide to work at Holland forget the 15 percent exists, don't think about it, don't talk about it and don't worry about it. It will make your life a lot easier here. All we can hope for is to get a contract in 19 that pays more than what we are currently making. The health insurance is still top notch and hopefully the pension will stay guaranteed on a lesser amount through the government. You don't ever know what the future will hold....do what's best for you and your family today! Good Luck Driver!

You can still make money here, as a new guy you can still make mid 60's, and after a year or so you should be at or a little over 70k. And as Rodeo said, the health insurance is top notch, you can't get better insurance from anywhere else except maybe UPS. And it's free for you and your family.

I have talked with a couple drivers who have come here from, or come back to Holland from Fedex and Southeastern,. They like it better here, mainly because as Rodeo said, the contract work rules. Most new guys big beef is equipment, but that is very slowly starting to get better.

I'm sure Holland is a pretty good job in the GB area.

Have another offer from another little LTL company but thought Holland be a good company to retire with?
Holland is still a good job if you don't care about retirement then go for it.

You can still make money here, as a new guy you can still make mid 60's, and after a year or so you should be at or a little over 70k. And as Rodeo said, the health insurance is top notch, you can't get better insurance from anywhere else except maybe UPS. And it's free for you and your family.
And what do you think about making Holland a 30 year prospect for a new hire?