ODFL | Pre-post trip and fuel pay..

I can't like this comment enough. Look I'm not knocking the op for wanting an extra $1 or whatever for fueling but the overtime issue is a much more valid concern. Especially when all the other big LTL companies have a better ot policy than OD. Yes, I understand if you don't like it leave but I shouldn't have to. Why can't OD just do something more comparable to what other companies do? Just do the right thing and reward the guys that stay out as long as it takes to get the work done.
I guess the difference between line haul and city drivers then is you don't hear line haul guys complaining about city guys being over paid for their fueling and drops and hooks. How a man could tell another he already makes too much is beyond me. If you city guys want more then ask for it but you have no right saying I'm over paid for the job I do. Don't justify your argument by attacking my pay. That's between me and OD.

I guess the difference between line haul and city drivers then is you don't hear line haul guys complaining about city guys being over paid for their fueling and drops and hooks. How a man could tell another he already makes too much is beyond me. If you city guys want more then ask for it but you have no right saying I'm over paid for the job I do. Don't justify your argument by attacking my pay. That's between me and OD.
I never said linehaul was overpaid. I do think linehaul pay is fair while city is behind when ot is considered. OD has made it apparent how they feel about ot. It gets paid where required by law and that's it. I honestly believe if every linehaul driver did a month in the city at my terminal they would take a pay cut to go back to linehaul I can tell you for sure I would. We only have a few linehaul runs at my terminal which is the only reason I'm not line.

Amen!!!!! So tired of listening to line driver's complain about more money.Come do my job a couple days and the $1.50 Will seem petty..
I've done your job, is it more physical then mine... Yes. We don't make the money we do because it's more physically demanding. We make more because no one will do what I do for $26 an hour. Hell, you city guys don't. I'm sure you all take the millage pay when you cherry pick those perfect Saturday mornings to get out with the big dogs

I've done your job, is it more physical then mine... Yes. We don't make the money we do because it's more physically demanding. We make more because no one will do what I do for $26 an hour. Hell, you city guys don't. I'm sure you all take the millage pay when you cherry pick those perfect Saturday mornings to get out with the big dogs
I'm not going to keep this going but I have to disagree. There are a lot of drivers rolling down the highway making even less than $26 an hour. The constant stress and pressure combined with physical labor doing city work for an LTL company is nothing like any other driving job. Sorry but I find linehaul easy, almost relaxing but I also understand how some people may see it differently.

I never said linehaul was overpaid. I do think linehaul pay is fair while city is behind when ot is considered. OD has made it apparent how they feel about ot. It gets paid where required by law and that's it. I honestly believe if every linehaul driver did a month in the city at my terminal they would take a pay cut to go back to linehaul I can tell you for sure I would. We only have a few linehaul runs at my terminal which is the only reason I'm not line.
I beg to differ. Read your first post. My point is no line driver has ever said city is over paid Most of us have said we'd be willing to give some if it meant you'd get overtime. Some drivers think just because a line driver thinks d/h pay is substandard that he's bitching about his job. The industry sets the standard and OD is way behind the times in some areas of pay. Doesn't mean we hate our jobs or want to go somewhere else. I took a pay cut when I moved over from FedEx, never have I thunk I made a mistake.
I have run city and I can tell you I won't do it for what you guys get paid, but by the same token, I would not take a pay cut and work the hours I put in every week.

I beg to differ. Read your first post. My point is no line driver has ever said city is over paid Most of us have said we'd be willing to give some if it meant you'd get overtime. Some drivers think just because a line driver thinks d/h pay is substandard that he's bitching about his job. The industry sets the standard and OD is way behind the times in some areas of pay. Doesn't mean we hate our jobs or want to go somewhere else. I took a pay cut when I moved over from FedEx, never have I thunk I made a mistake.
I have run city and I can tell you I won't do it for what you guys get paid, but by the same token, I would not take a pay cut and work the hours I put in every week.
It seems like we mostly agree ump. Sometimes things can get taken the wrong way online. Honestly I'm ready to not do city work here for what I get paid. Trying to hang in there until I can relocate and take a linehaul run as I really don't want to leave the company.

Reactions: Ump
You guys running line making 6 figures and it's just never enough, where OD is lacking in stop pay, they make up for it in mileage and keeping you moving. Ya'll complaining wouldn't have a clue where to make this big money ya'll making right now if the rug was pulled out from under you.
I can’t believe I actually agree with Billy

It seems like we mostly agree ump. Sometimes things can get taken the wrong way online. Honestly I'm ready to not do city work here for what I get paid. Trying to hang in there until I can relocate and take a linehaul run as I really don't want to leave the company.
Come to DEN, we'll put you to work.

Who was complaining? If you have a issue you see if can get addressed! I like the company and they have treated me fairly, it’s funny that several of the last posts claim that linehaul drivers complain and if you don’t like it quit, and then in the same breath you say management won’t listen to you! Who’s complaining?
Did not say you.

:1036316054::101::101:
Maybe tomorrow.Busy today feeding the goat's and mowing the grass:1036316054:

:grouphug::grouphug:Don't mean to be a downer on the subject and OT pay.Yes,it all needs to be looked at.Has of OT it will never change till the Fed's step in and make them change.But,like I have preached for years at the break term's they will just keep on hiring.I have seen my hours decrease over the past months and they keep on hiring city drivers.I have tried to express my disagreement on several subjects around here and I just end up being the trouble maker.No one wants to listen anymore.They say they do and act like they do.But,at the end there is no change.We are just a # now and it's really sad.I just do my job and at the end of the day I go home.Everyone have a great weekend.

There should not be a line verses city argument, we need both and I have done both. Both sides have a different set of difficulties. I agree that city has lagged in the compensation department and I think we totally deserve more. Before you knock line look at the sacrifices they make. When you are nights you truly only have 1 day off, running wild sucks. If you run in the north west, or west it sucks balls in the winter. You also do not really see your kids when your a night line driver, that high check does come with a price. I ran line for years and got tired of my kids making the sacrifice. Am I jealous of the money they make, yes but most of them earn it. Areas down south where there is no snow, you guys have it SOOOOOO easy!! But then again 58 hours a week in the city also takes away from the family, but at least I have a full refreshed weekend with them. Lets cut the crap, we cant do our job without the other. OD really needs to look at the other companies and increase our pay.

You boys are right, you need a increase in the stop pay when a lot of you are earning only over 110k. I feel so bad when I see fbn covering up his New Lexus with the overpriced dealership cover before he starts his night. A few extra bucks each night would help cure the blues of depreciation.

You boys are right, you need a increase in the stop pay when a lot of you are earning only over 110k. I feel so bad when I see fbn covering up his New Lexus with the overpriced dealership cover before he starts his night. A few extra bucks each night would help cure the blues of depreciation.
I wish my pay went up as fast as BillyLo thinks!! 110k would be awesome. I could use an extra 30k. I would buy my own part time dock worker to load my trailers so I could get out on time!!