FedEx Freight | Pre/Post Trip Inspections

Oh, the manual even offers an 8 page pre-trip lesson...

s86cNlZ.jpg

Isn't all that stuff on Google now anyway? I remember the last Volvo manual I laid eyes on was about three inches thick. They probably don't print hard copies anymore or they'd be killing trees by the hundreds.

Love how you're supposed to check everything, yet nobody tells you how to open the hood. Everything wrong with the trucking summed up right there.
Just curious, is the company liable for my data usage if I use google to access an owner’s manual?? :hilarious:

My point was back in the day when a new truck came in, it was road ready before being handed over to a driver (we did a pretrip to make sure, including raising the hood :poke:)...nowadays it seems they just drop it off of the piggyback and say here ya go guys (again, evident by our pretrips :hide:)

Just curious, is the company liable for my data usage if I use google to access an owner’s manual?? :hilarious:

My point was back in the day when a new truck came in, it was road ready before being handed over to a driver (we did a pretrip to make sure, including raising the hood :poke:)...nowadays it seems they just drop it off of the piggyback and say here ya go guys (again, evident by our pretrips :hide:)
Me. Emetoh our in California would say they are liable judging from his lawsuit.

I had the great honor of bidding on one of the 5 new Pete's our center received keep in mind I am a city driver so if course these are L54** units. City only no sharing. Truck has great turning radius and has great sight through fish tank rear windows. The only negatives are small fuel tank 70 gal. and the cruise is disconnected because of no lane departure system sensors.

It appears we’re still having issues with trailer suspensions after 10 years of knowing about this problem...why??

Notice in pics 1 & 2 where the airbags on both sides are rubbing the rear frame rails...eventually this will wear a hole in the bags!!

(Pic #1) Right side airbag
vxr6eqU.jpg

(Pic #2) Left side airbag
FkNApfu.jpg

We know what causes this problem as shown before, but lets remind the class with pics 3 & 4 of worn out spring arm bushings...or in this case, both are totally deteriorated...

(Pic #3) Right side spring arm
on1Xwyw.jpg

(Pic #4) Left side spring arm
5uwLIuc.jpg

Now comes the scary part...this trailer has been going up and down the highways unchecked, bags rubbing against the frame rails by our drivers for how long!!??!!

And even scarier, this trailer was just PM’d in Feb (not by our shop thank goodness)...you can’t convince me that these bushings deteriorated in just 3-4 months, so how in the hell did this trailer pass a PM inspection!!??!!

Would a good pre-trip by the driver catch this problem? Or, did a driver see the problem, but pull it anyway for fear of being delayed to long & costing money him in the process? von.

Would a good pre-trip by the driver catch this problem? Or, did a driver see the problem, but pull it anyway for fear of being delayed to long & costing money him in the process? von.
Von
I work in a yard with a trailer shop. They are ok with it running to destination. Those bushings are a major job. The only other alternative is to cross load the trailer.