FedEx Freight | Pre/Post Trip Inspections

Anyone see these? Do we even look? Is this the newest drum design? Sure looks nice...

o6Dy6dO.jpg

Seems to be plastic coated... Or is it actually plastic? Certainly not... Not ashamed to admit, I don't know.

:idunno:

Anyone see these? Do we even look? Is this the newest drum design? Sure looks nice...

o6Dy6dO.jpg

Seems to be plastic coated... Or is it actually plastic? Certainly not... Not ashamed to admit, I don't know.

:idunno:
These are drums provided by Webb with their signature blue finish...they’re the same specs as the commonly used Merritor drums with their black finish...basically just a different provider.

I look but I’ve yet to see the blue ones....I’ve ran across brake drums missing entirely so maybe this will help some notice when they’re missing also...but I doubt it!!

I found a new (to me) feature on the Volvo. For those who actually do a pre-trip inspection, this makes for a more thorough and streamlined process for checking lights. It automatically cycles through all light circuits (brake, 4 way, high/low beam, etc), and continues until you exit the program.

From the main screen click enter, then scroll to item #9 (pre-trip assistant)

R2STtO0.jpg

Then choose item #2 (exterior light inspection).

UT0f6ht.jpg

Click enter to start:

SLQO76o.jpg

Click ESC to exit:

cI6Ppc4.jpg

Pretty nice feature, and it looks pretty cool too. Have fun!

:smilie93c peelout:

I found a new (to me) feature on the Volvo. For those who actually do a pre-trip inspection, this makes for a more thorough and streamlined process for checking lights. It automatically cycles through all light circuits (brake, 4 way, high/low beam, etc), and continues until you exit the program.

From the main screen click enter, then scroll to item #9 (pre-trip assistant)

R2STtO0.jpg

Then choose item #2 (exterior light inspection).

UT0f6ht.jpg

Click enter to start:

SLQO76o.jpg

Click ESC to exit:

cI6Ppc4.jpg

Pretty nice feature, and it looks pretty cool too. Have fun!

:smilie93c peelout:
The KW’s and Pete’s have this feature as well, it’s a switch on the dash located beside the ignition (no pic available...yet).

It would be nice if education was provided to all when these features are added instead of having to stumble across them on our own!!

The KW’s and Pete’s have this feature as well, it’s a switch on the dash located beside the ignition (no pic available...yet).

It would be nice if education was provided to all when these features are added instead of having to stumble across them on our own!!
A number of these features have been on trucks for the last five years or so. You just have to RTFM.

rtfm.jpg

A number of these features have been on trucks for the last five years or so. You just have to RTFM.

rtfm.jpg
Manuals...oh yeah, I remember getting those with my first new Volvo back around 2004ish. Seems back then our new trucks came with a big packet full of all types of manuals, quick reference guides, etc....now when we get a new truck, there’s no packets, no manuals, no quick reference guides, no fuel, no def, no washer fluid, etc... :idunno:

Manuals...oh yeah, I remember getting those with my first new Volvo back around 2004ish. Seems back then our new trucks came with a big packet full of all types of manuals, quick reference guides, etc....now when we get a new truck, there’s no packets, no manuals, no quick reference guides, no fuel, no def, no washer fluid, etc... :idunno:
Isn't all that stuff on Google now anyway? I remember the last Volvo manual I laid eyes on was about three inches thick. They probably don't print hard copies anymore or they'd be killing trees by the hundreds.

Love how you're supposed to check everything, yet nobody tells you how to open the hood. Everything wrong with the trucking summed up right there.

And quite often lately, even with a warm body in the seat, engine running and hands on the wheel,
NO DRIVER.

Isn't all that stuff on Google now anyway? I remember the last Volvo manual I laid eyes on was about three inches thick. They probably don't print hard copies anymore or they'd be killing trees by the hundreds.

Love how you're supposed to check everything, yet nobody tells you how to open the hood. Everything wrong with the trucking summed up right there.
We still get the hard copies and all the other stuff in our new Volvo's and Frt liners, all packed in a nice zipper bag, I rember when i got my first new 12 Volvo wondered why it had 4 pedals ( this is before we started to get auto's) thought that was nice for them to supply a foot rest on the left side until I found out I could make my steering look like a bus straight up and down,now my Frttliner is right under the column hard to rest my foot on that one

We still get the hard copies and all the other stuff in our new Volvo's and Frt liners, all packed in a nice zipper bag, I rember when i got my first new 12 Volvo wondered why it had 4 pedals ( this is before we started to get auto's) thought that was nice for them to supply a foot rest on the left side until I found out I could make my steering look like a bus straight up and down,now my Frttliner is right under the column hard to rest my foot on that one
Something like this?

hyafikY.jpg

ntgwHCD.jpg

Even has all of the spare fuses, required per the regulations...