XPO | put out of service

johnny cash

TB Lurker
Credits
i was put out of service for having 4preventable accidents in less than a12 month period. they were all minor. have to meet with the tm monday for a conference call. am i toast or just in for an buttchewing?:poster_oops:

that depends on how long you've been here. as a regular it goes by points. if not it goes by dollars and how many. good luck!

Johnny Cash said:
i was put out of service for having 4preventable accidents in less than a12 month period. they were all minor. have to meet with the tm monday for a conference call. am i toast or just in for an buttchewing?:poster_oops:
For a new driver it goes by a dollar amount.I could be wrong.We no how polices change.Good luck.

well it goes by points 4 accidents in a 12 month period depends on points you may be toast :Bazzoka-Cow:
and it you have to have an conferance call im sorry its time to get another job

i'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but if you've had 4 preventables in a year you may want to persue a different career. that may sound insensitive or something, but a bunch of little incidents can and usually do lead to a big one. i'm sure you'd rather find a different line of work than injure or kill someone or yourself. just something to consider.....

4 preventables is alot for any trucking company, and then if you do get canned it's going to be hard to find another driving job.

if your terminal has a split shift work 4hrs in the morning and 4 hrs at night you may want to bid that we had a driver had too many points and he did that for 2 years and now hes OK:BinLaden-Cow:

badlionsfan said:
i'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but if you've had 4 preventables in a year you may want to persue a different career. that may sound insensitive or something, but a bunch of little incidents can and usually do lead to a big one. i'm sure you'd rather find a different line of work than injure or kill someone or yourself. just something to consider.....

I have to agree with this BadLionsfan. Trucking isn't for everyone. That not mean it is just a fact.
I know a Swift driver that is in the same boat as you. I told him the same thing I said to you he didn't want to hear it either. His accidents weren't real high doller just very bad judgement.

I have a bit of a differnt spin than the rest of these guys. You have to get away with everything you can. Yes they will fire you if they catch you but ::shit:: happenns when you are driving big trucks in small places and are always being rushed. Were you a hostler? If you were than you really have a lot of chances to ding something making maybe 100 moves a night. Lets say you have ur 5th wheel too high and ding the front of a trailer,that is a point then you have to go 12 months from that date for it to come off if you ding someting else in that 12 months you have 2 points and the 12 months start over you could end up getting fired for acidents that cost the company nothing as we all know they only fix stuff that keeps the trucks from rolling.

How many points for killing somebody?What a stupid *** answer!There are people that are truck drivers,and there are those who try to be.You either get or you don't.Of course know a days all you need to get a cdl is a pulse!

mopar man

What ever no reason to use profanity tough guy:showoff: I was giving my opion from my years in the business If you back into a car of course report it if it is a scratch on a old trailer who cares?

I'm a Overnite/UPS freight P & D driver.

I was having little accidents in a short time frame,one more and I'd of been out the door.I went to get my eyes checked by the request of my TM,and thats all it was I needed glasses as I was misjuging distance.
A new pair of glasses and I was good to go.
I'm in my 43 rd year,going on 44 driving for a living.
Been with a lot of union companies thats gone bankrupt,but my eye sight is good with glasses.
so I hope this helps you.
If you don't have glasses and need them,that could solve your problem.

Yo Johnny, just remember I've got your back brother. It will be important that you are cool and collected for your conference call. It needs to be said that not one driver out of your terminal has delivered buggy land without knocking off a clearence light, tweaking a miror, collapsed the tip of the exhaust, or trimmed a few trees for the county at the expense of the corner of a trailer. Plead insanity! Tell them that your experience in trucking did not include doing industrial strength UPS residential work. Convince them that you want to stay with the company and you are trying to improve your safety record. Have the court call me as a character witness!

Well... what can I say Mr. Cash...
much like so many before you, your next employer will also consider Con-Way their best and cheapest driver training program. I will miss you sir. It is a shame that as drivers we have lost a co-worker with a decent attitude and the motivation to do a good job. If you have the willingness to try, you have the willingness to accept the possibility of mistakes and failure.
Put me down for a reference... and go knock on the door of MTS in Coldwater.