Central Transport | Question to all...

I hope it's really gotten better. It was awful when I worked there 6 years ago. My 590 mile laydown run paid $180 a night on the flat rate deal. That works out to about 30.5 cents per mile if hooking / breaking a set was free. My run laid over in Houston twice a week in a sleeper. The AC quit working and I was told to deal with it.

I couldn't find anyone to take the insurance back then, but maybe they've worked on their network and people are willing to take it now.

I never had a real problem with management. My truck was usually ok. I wasn't mad when I left, it was just time. I got a 15 cent per mile raise the day I started my new job. As of now, I've doubled my rate from when I worked at Central.

If it's really gotten better, I'm happy for everyone who works there now.

I cannot speak to the insurance years ago but I know that I had a lot of issue when I ask doctors if they take Cherokee. I found out from my manager that they use Multi Plan as the discount and in network provider and I have had no issue since I got this information. I had a kid just over a year ago and I have not had to pay for any visits for him yet and my wife wellness visits are covered too. I have been happy with it so far.

I had a kid just over a year ago and I have not had to pay for any visits for him yet and my wife wellness visits are covered too. I have been happy with it so far.
That is impressive. It's been a long, long time since I heard of someone going to a doctor (except maybe for a 'wellness visit') and they didn't have to pay an office visit copay (If it sounds too good to be true...well you know what they say).

That is impressive. It's been a long, long time since I heard of someone going to a doctor (except maybe for a 'wellness visit') and they didn't have to pay an office visit copay (If it sounds too good to be true...well you know what they say).

ABFer...LOL. I think I could post a pic of my paystub and the insurance statements that say my responsibility was $0 and he would still claim them to be false. he would probably say I made them up or knew someone at Cherokee that wrote me a false note. whatever man. You just can't win with some of these guys.

say what you want. I make good money, my bills are paid and my family is taken care of. the new Petes just keep rolling in too!
ps3omHX.jpg
And what area do you run out of?

I really hope it has gotten better. lot of guys that are bitter about central on here are bitter for good reason. Most of former employees, like myself. Central screwed me over so bad and it was time to go. My wife got in an accident and had to be taken by ambulance, Cherokee paid 1$ of the ambulance ride. The insurance was a complete joke. When I was there my truck was not bad at all, but they took it from me and all the good trucks we had and gave us all sterlings. No AC, cracked windshield, no defrost and tires were balding. I was told if I refused to drive it I had to go home. So either drive illegally or no work. I really hope central is trying to better themselves. That's what needs to happen. Their reputation has gotten so bad the guys in my area are losing customers so much they are getting 35 hours a week max. I hope central really is trying to turn it around, a lot of my good friends still work there and they need a paycheck. The new Petes look good, I hope the shop will keep them up. The shop at my terminal when I worked there wouldn't fix anything. Good luck to all the central guys still working there, I really hope it's getting better over there.

Yeah

Is there anyone that has worked at Central Transport ( not a new member ) that can confirm any of this?

Out of all the LTLs and any other trucking companies , nobody is laying it on this thick.

It sounds like if you go to Central Transport and enroll in their insurance you will receive a cure for HIV , cancer , and old age. I like my job and have a decent tractor and nice hours ( health insurance does what it's supposed to ) but I can't imagine saying all the things these , "drivers" for CT keep saying.

Is there anyone that has worked at Central Transport ( not a new member ) that can confirm any of this?

Out of all the LTLs and any other trucking companies , nobody is laying it on this thick.

It sounds like if you go to Central Transport and enroll in their insurance you will receive a cure for HIV , cancer , and old age. I like my job and have a decent tractor and nice hours ( health insurance does what it's supposed to ) but I can't imagine saying all the things these , "drivers" for CT keep saying.

Unfortunately I had to work there for about 4 months when they took over vitran ct is a joke don't care what there putting on these post you can back what I'm telling you by looking it up all the employee law suits aginst them the csa scores and I all so talked to a ct drive that I know and he said it's the same. over price fly by nite insurance and I can't. understand why all the new equipment I would say that the federal dot was going to shut them down if they didn't fix the problem it was that bad

:shhit:new to the boards.....what's the moderater do? I mean I know they moderate but other than stirring :shhit: up what's the job. serious question...

:shhit:new to the boards.....what's the moderater do? I mean I know they moderate but other than stirring :shhit: up what's the job. serious question...
Serious answer: As a moderator I am just another user who has the ability to keep things in line, prevent copyright infringements, quell all out brawls, keep it civil and enforce the rules (which are located at the bottom right hand corner of your screen). Other than that I am not any different from any other user here and I call out ::shit:: when I see and smell ::shit:: and I see and smell a lot of it all of a sudden here in the CT forum. I have a nose for ::shit::. CT is a company with an....ummm.....er......uuhhhhh less than stellar reputation. Then...all of a sudden there is a flurry of new users who, combined, represent more :butt kiss: than this forum has seen since its inception. Get the picture?

[QUOTE="ABFer, Then...all of a sudden there is a flurry of new users who, combined, represent more :butt kiss: than this forum has seen since its inception. Get the picture?[/QUOTE]

We're caught in a trap. I can't walk out. Here we go again asking where I've been . . .