FedEx Freight | Quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what did the black dog do when the weather got snotty? Did you hang your iron and go or hideout until the roads were clear?

I have know idea what you are trying to say.. Just after 21 years running the road brokering my own loads and living in a truck for 2 weeks at a time I was ready for a city gig. Not sure what you were try you say about the weather I have been in it all. when I came off the road I have 2.5 million miles without a chargeable accident so must have been doing something right.

RC is saying that there are more people that don't move the freight in a snow storm than do.
RC can also match your accident free miles and never pulled the
"If it's so dangerous you have to chain up, it's too dangerous to drive."
Can't tell you how many times I've heard that over the years. Can't tell you how many times there was no where to chain up because some a$$hole billy big rigger was camped out waiting for the. "Chain Law" to be lifted.
RC can also tell you that no Viking or FXF West line driver wet his pants and didn't hang the iron to get the job done.

RC I get what your saying now. Thats the difference between a driver and a steering wheel holder

No it isn't. That's the difference in living somewhere that mandates chains or you don't run and living in one of the other 49 states. I've never chained up in 20 years of driving. Does that make me a steering wheel holder? Nope. I've kept trucking in snow that would close donner, and I did it without chains. I've also shut down during bad weather. Not because I couldn't go, because the other idiots on the road were gunning to take me out. Chaining up doesn't make you a better man, it just dirties your clothes.

Guardrail

The latest thing I hear is "I can't drive a truck with an automatic transmission safely in the snow". Also, love the folks who cry about the tires....wait, here's a thought, what happens if I have to drive a tractor with an automatic and closed tread drive tires in the snow! Some of our steering wheel holders will no doubt soil their thongs over that possibility....

ST

No it isn't. That's the difference in living somewhere that mandates chains or you don't run and living in one of the other 49 states. I've never chained up in 20 years of driving. Does that make me a steering wheel holder? Nope. I've kept trucking in snow that would close donner, and I did it without chains. I've also shut down during bad weather. Not because I couldn't go, because the other idiots on the road were gunning to take me out. Chaining up doesn't make you a better man, it just dirties your clothes.

Guardrail

So if you were in Ca, Or or Nv and chains were required, you would.....

The latest thing I hear is "I can't drive a truck with an automatic transmission safely in the snow". Also, love the folks who cry about the tires....wait, here's a thought, what happens if I have to drive a tractor with an automatic and closed tread drive tires in the snow! Some of our steering wheel holders will no doubt soil their thongs over that possibility....

ST

Those that would soil themselves aren't man enough to rock a thong.

New item now available at the Fedex store. Purple thongs with red reflective tape on the borders that can be seen at night. This winter an insulated model for night chaining will be available. I wish I had something like this to wear when I was chaining up. TP

I agree with the op...if you have to continuously complain about where you work you probably shouldn't work there.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

FDV you are old school Viking. You and I know we never parked it until there was a gate across the highway.

We never reserved a motel room at a place between origin and destination before we left home.