FedEx Freight | Raises coming June 6

Momoney said:
People live way beyond there means in this country and it is always the employers fault cause they can't pay there bills. They are the type of parents that create the mess we have with our young youths and there horible credit.:chairshot:

Life is simple, people that make over 40 a year that complain about money need to re examine their spending habits.

Jeff said:
Life is simple, people that make over 40 a year that complain about money need to re examine their spending habits.

True Jeff,
My Dad always said, "the more you make, the more you spend". I was terrible managing my money, glad I found my wife who watches every penny, and that way we can afford things we need , and sometimes even want! Now,,, for that new Grand Cherokee... :deal:

Smokestack said:
I still say .45 for city drivers.
Did anybody hear that our bouns checks are pushed off a month ?

Sorry for digging up an old thread. Just started at CCX a month ado and FXF called me so I'm doing some reading. Tough decision. What are the bonus checks you refer to?

RevItUp said:
Sorry for digging up an old thread. Just started at CCX a month ado and FXF called me so I'm doing some reading. Tough decision. What are the bonus checks you refer to?
We get quarterly bonuses for meeting certain goals, it ranges from 2.5 - 4 % of your earnings, this is not a guaranteed bonus as it is tied to several things, however since we have had it it has always paid out.

CCX from what I understand gets yearly profit sharing bonuses.

FM

PS: Welcome to the boards

Familyman said:
We get quarterly bonuses for meeting certain goals, it ranges from 2.5 - 4 % of your earnings, this is not a guaranteed bonus as it is tied to several things, however since we have had it it has always paid out.

CCX from what I understand gets yearly profit sharing bonuses.

FM

PS: Welcome to the boards

Thanks FM. Conway has a yearly bonus paid in 2 pmts in Dec and Feb. I think its around 7% also based on company performance.

Well, I am of two minds about this raise. First of all I DO appreciate any raise I get very much. I am all-in-all very happy to have been here over the last 11 years. There are some things that I feel could be better but hell, your gonna get that with any job. However, during our raise meeting we were given the doom-and-gloom of the last year and I freely acknowledge that fuel prices are certainly up and hurricane damage inevitably probably hurt operations some but I find it odd that what was conveniently left out of this meeting was the absolute record performance of our company over the last year. Profit margins are definitely at an all-time high. And yes, in all 11 years I don't ever recall ever getting less than a 3% raise. Granted, the incentive increase may offset that some but once again the proverbial carrot was dangled in front of us in the form of a pension but once again it seems to still be far away if at all. And I also feel that in a few months we will all be getting a letter in the mail informing us of just how much more our insurance will be going up for next year which will also take more money out of our pockets and all that much more to the bottom line.

I was wondering, with the talk about pensions on this board has anyone been listening to the news reports and what the courts have been allowing companies to do with their pensions? Companies being allowed to cut pension benefits up to 2/3. This seems like its a growing trend in the corperate world as cost keep raising. GM and Ford even have talked about this issue. In this world today,I believe you have to watch out for yourself because the people you work for are doin the same. I guess what I am saying if you rely on someone else for your families future you may be sadly left out in the cold,The company may promise you the world and may deliver it but may aslo take it away when you need it the most. I am not saying FedEx would do it but I didn't think people like GM would consider or do it either.

I say just leave it as is. If it changes you can be sure it won't be as much as is currently given.

Right now they automatically give you 2 1/2 % of your wages whether you contribute or not plus an additional 50 cents on the dollar up to 6% for another 3 % contribution, so a total of 5 1/2 %

I've got a feeling if it changes it won't contribute as much plus you won't have any control over it.

FM

We asked our HR guy about the pension too. He said he was down in Harrison the week before and they were talking about it. They want to do a portable pension. This way if you leave the company you take all of your money with you. Also he was informed that the pension will be in addition to all of our current benfits. We will still get the 50% match and the 2.5% profit share that we currently get. I hope what he told us is the truth!! If it is then we all should be doing pretty well!

We asked our HR guy about the pension too. He said he was down in Harrison the week before and they were talking about it. They want to do a portable pension. This way if you leave the company you take all of your money with you. Also he was informed that the pension will be in addition to all of our current benfits. We will still get the 50% match and the 2.5% profit share that we currently get. I hope what he told us is the truth!! If it is then we all should be doing pretty well!

or did he tell you what he thought you wanted to hear

I tell you guys, I can work as much as I want here at FEDXE and it pays more then I have ever gotten even with overtime from last job. I am gratefull that I have a job. So if we get more or less than the other guy there is room to work more and make more just depends how hungry you are.

Well guys you are going to hate me. Sorry I forgot to tell you I am a road driver. The hub I go to usually gets me quite a bit of dock time, plus my drop and hooks can get close to 7-8hrs plus mileage. Must have been sleeping when I posted first reply. Sorry