FedEx Freight | Raises????

Idk guys. I understand the complaining but for me personally this is the best job I've ever had. I'm making the most I've ever made. For me it's good. For you? Who knows.
So @ 17 years old I started driving a straight truck to the post office after school , that did not last long and I got a Chauffeur's Licence , already had enough cash to buy a nice used limo . That did not happen . I worked for a old German who was very strict (as well as my father) he MADE me drive a semi and paid me well. I did not go to college but worked every waking hour of my life away driving trucks. Endless hours gone and family stuffed missed , yes Mrs. S. is a saint & she stood by my side for 48 years now married 42. As Boats said I made a lot of money but paid dearly for it with my mind and body fighting for everything we got. Yes It's the most money I ever made and my father always said "A raise of any kind is a raise and it gives you something to shoot for more ." I did , always did , health insurance is a evil need that we all must pay for so it feels like a step back but I have seen perfectly fine guys fall dead in 6 months and leave massive bills behind . Under Raj & Co. I personally think everyone should be prepared for drastic changes . I'm a planer - over planer even . Take what you got , fight for more , be a good & honest hard working driver . You can't buy a good reputation , you get what I'm saying ?

SMOKESTACK - BEEN UNION AND NON UNION so don't start that with me.....

It's not so much that the raise was under $1hr,but that EVERY OTHER LTL got more than FxF for the first time in history.

There's more to this, and I'm starting to think something is afoot.
As in, a perspective buyer not wanting to aquire a company, and having to maintain a higher payroll.....
I think it's solely profits, they are going to push us as far as they can and get away with it. All we are going to do is complain and come back to work tomorrow.

So @ 17 years old I started driving a straight truck to the post office after school , that did not last long and I got a Chauffeur's Licence , already had enough cash to buy a nice used limo . That did not happen . I worked for a old German who was very strict (as well as my father) he MADE me drive a semi and paid me well. I did not go to college but worked every waking hour of my life away driving trucks. Endless hours gone and family stuffed missed , yes Mrs. S. is a saint & she stood by my side for 48 years now married 42. As Boats said I made a lot of money but paid dearly for it with my mind and body fighting for everything we got. Yes It's the most money I ever made and my father always said "A raise of any kind is a raise and it gives you something to shoot for more ." I did , always did , health insurance is a evil need that we all must pay for so it feels like a step back but I have seen perfectly fine guys fall dead in 6 months and leave massive bills behind . Under Raj & Co. I personally think everyone should be prepared for drastic changes . I'm a planer - over planer even . Take what you got , fight for more , be a good & honest hard working driver . You can't buy a good reputation , you get what I'm saying ?

Would say I love the post, but I can't because it's a essay!

Given the marketplace we're in and inflation this raise is unacceptable. Labor to wage ratio.
Labor to wage ratio is the formula used to determine the wage applicable to revenue made off your labor. I guarantee we are grossly under paid in comparison to FXF revenue/profit margins.

If you accept this raise you are on devaluing your self worth. I'm not saying we should get UPS parcel money. I'm saying due to our freight rates and profit margins. We should be the leader in pay by far in LTL market.
P.S. Someone way smarter than me gave me the info on labor to wage ratio.

Last edited:
Yep that would be great but hard to get people here to get behind. We could have a call out Friday planned and everyone would talk like they support it. Then come Friday all but 5 people show up for work. Then push for something to happen to those 5 so those that came to work could gain a seniority spot. I've never worked somewhere with more toxic crap than fedex. It's like everyone is conditioned to look out solely for themselves even at the expense of others. When it's said and done we all loose

T
Yep that would be great but hard to get people here to get behind. We could have a call out Friday planned and everyone would talk like they support it. Then come Friday all but 5 people show up for work. Then push for something to happen to those 5 so those that came to work could gain a seniority spot. I've never worked somewhere with more toxic crap than fedex. It's like everyone is conditioned to look out solely for themselves even at the expense of others. When it's said and done we all loose
Toxic by design. Everyone infighting there's no unity...

True statement there. At our center dispatch takes care of drivers at the bottom of board, with ot,then they think Fedx is great no complaints. Older drivers bitch and complain but nothing happens or the snitches of the center get thrown a bone to work ob dock or a switch that’s how they fly anymore. Kiss mgmt ass and you get what you want when you want
That sounds like our center too. Do you have a driver they call Inbread Jed? Ours smells like a barn yard

I definitely think this Raj is good at what he does. That is squeezing profit out of every corner. But I think it's a bit much. There is such a thing as going to far in one direction. There needs to be more of a balance and not making this place a labor mine if you know what I mean.I used to work for a company that did this exact thing. It was ran by foreigners and they soaked every profit out of every corner of that place. Was miserable to work there. People were not happy but you would be made to watch these company videos where you saw all these foreigners smiling and happy and were all looking at each other like what the hell is this the same place we work for?

Invest not infest lmao
Lol I knew what you meant but it’s kinda funny.
Anyways since my time with FedEx since 2006 my raises over the years average out to .865 cents per hour.
To me that’s really pathetic and embarrassing for such a large and profitable company like FedEx.
Now I’m depressed. When is employee appreciation week? So small bags of chips and generic soda will cure it all!

Toxic by design. Everyone infighting there's no unity...
The company , including all aspects of management knows that all you need is a few desk bunnies and a bit of psychology with (the desk bunnies and back stabbers) can and will tell you things like , I heard this about you or
why are you (insert some made up lie or b.s.) thus creating bad blood between drivers and break any unity that was there . You think I'm telling you a lie , nope had a TM (who was fired) that had some psychology classes in 8th grade , yes maybe 9th grade , ask me how I know , well I have friends of all kinds and It does not take much digging now a days to figure out what you need to know and how to handle them (LIKE TOOLS) . Some people are easily the best monkey wrench or screwdriver you ever used . I never was a stupid truck driver it's that the money was good and I liked it maybe loved my job even and was loved by my customers .

To my NasV , keep your oars in the water , keep fighting , they want to break us and drive ye off . I never gave up and was well respected on the street by many of my competitors . I worked with some of the very best people ever but also worked with plenty lazy bad people that could not tell you the truth if they had to . Why ? Because they lie to you all the time and they can't remember what lie they or version they told you . Do your job Brother , be the best of the best , don't let anyone break you --- break them first !

Carry on Hand be the best . Like I said you can't buy a good reputation but you sure can make a bad one for yourself.
All of you are above this , focus on what you are doing and never give up to be Another Pig On The Wing . So for you that think that's a song it has a meaning . The term Pig on the Wing is an old war saying for enemy pilots that are in your blind spot.

Carry on drivers , don't let them break you .
SMOKESTACK