FedEx Freight | Rally up!!!!!

Gotta love 15+ years. 3 plus weeks VAC and another Friday night off.

Still pulling 88K + a year.

Yeah, boiy !

Gotta love 15+ years. 3 plus weeks VAC and another Friday night off.

Still pulling 88K + a year.

Yeah, boiy !
I hear what you're saying brother. But there is no denying that pt use is on the rise. Will you perhaps be still saying this when bid runs become the majority of movement? I am not totally on the side of unionization, but if the attempt fails are you not concerned that pt use will increase so that fedex won't have to face this action again?

Seriously...I don't pretend that everything's perfect. But, all things being equal, I'm in a good place.

My pension is good. I've got 5 years into it. Before that Sheridan put an xtra 1.5% of my wages into it. Ten years at 1.5% extra. On top of what I was contributing. I'm in good shape.

No reason for those with less years to squabble.

I hear what you're saying brother. But there is no denying that pt use is on the rise. Will you perhaps be still saying this when bid runs become the majority of movement? I am not totally on the side of unionization, but if the attempt fails are you not concerned that pt use will increase so that fedex won't have to face this action again?

Maybe you should ask YRC who they use to expedite their freight. Or who they choose to salvage their service in time of need. They are one of Custom Critical's top shippers.

....and I've yet to hear of someone ( or multiple people) being let go for no reason. Been here 16 years.....not one.

Protection....my fanny !

Seriously...I don't pretend that everything's perfect. But, all things being equal, I'm in a good place.

My pension is good. I've got 5 years into it. Before that Sheridan put an xtra 1.5% of my wages into it. Ten years at 1.5% extra. On top of what I was contributing. I'm in good shape.

No reason for those with less years to squabble.
My bid is pretty safe for now too. And I'm happy with it. But everyday we have drivers bids being cancelled in lieu of pt. How is that right? Is it ok add long as it isn't you? I'm not trying to be a Dick here. Just asking.

If Chicago could depart on time. And Central could pick up on on the second or third ring....this would ( almost) be perfect !

My bid is pretty safe for now too. And I'm happy with it. But everyday we have drivers bids being cancelled in lieu of pt. How is that right? Is it ok add long as it isn't you? I'm not trying to be a Dick here. Just asking.

PT will never replace a balanced haul. EVER.

Bid smart. When you see solid runs. Where you see they HAVE to run the schedule. Not always where you see a possibility of 600 miles plus.

Sometimes good enough is good enough.

Took the words right out of my mouth. We got pts running along side us back and forth everywhere everyday. .

Could be posturing on the company side ..depending on your location..If you are in the lane in question , the company is in posturing mode they are and have the right to prepare to be able to move the customers freight , This is after all things are said what we do.....Move Customers Freight...

I still have 677.87 left in my HRA and it's No-Freaking-Vember. One month to go and a family of four. What are you worried about ?

WOW! That is impressive! You are winning the battle. So, you are proud to have paid for insurance you really didn't use? Did you notice the employee cost in the UPS/Teamster plan? That alone is nearly 300.00/mo savings, compared to our "premium plan" Did you notice the deductible? Compared to yours?

Sounds like a guy, that because he gets a tax refund, he thinks he pays little or no taxes...

Maybe you should ask YRC who they use to expedite their freight. Or who they choose to salvage their service in time of need. They are one of Custom Critical's top shippers.

FedEx uses purchase trans., NOT in time of need, but as normal operating procedure, every day, like clockwork.

We all use purchased transportation. Union or non. We look for cost v. revenue.

Economics, baby !

Enjoy your short runs... Few if any long runs will be added. Pay attention to the PT trend. If it continues, it will reach or exceed 50% at some point. The company makes more profit on "economy" freight, as well as purchase transportation. Oh, and in case you're curious, economy is not the only freight going on purchase... "Priority" does too.

Oh, and how much did you say you make per year? :Poke:

You have no idea what the truth is. All you know is that you are not happy and you think the union will be able to help you. You belive what you want and i belive what i want. I don;t believe anythng the union says because they are not required by law to tell the truth, so why would they. You are a prime example as to why the teamsters have a bad rap, you either are with them or you will be ridiculed, laughed at, and called a snitch or red shirt. Get a life and quit being a teamster B****.

lmao yeah rite i want to retire someday. If you were smart enough to look at our retirement you would see there is nothing. But you keep up the good fight junior.

FedEx uses purchase trans., NOT in time of need, but as normal operating procedure, every day, like clockwork.

Enjoy your short runs... Few if any long runs will be added. Pay attention to the PT trend. If it continues, it will reach or exceed 50% at some point. The company makes more profit on "economy" freight, as well as purchase transportation. Oh, and in case you're curious, economy is not the only freight going on purchase... "Priority" does too.

Oh, and how much did you say you make per year? :Poke:
Or they'll put it on a freight train..... Which everyone is doing now.. The train companies make them sign a contract and they have to ship so many trailers in a certain period of time... So Fred and all the rest are supporting the union worker, under a contract... Thanks Fred,Estes,Cooper and all the rest for your support...LOL

I still have 677.87 left in my HRA and it's No-Freaking-Vember. One month to go and a family of four. What are you worried about ?
Yeah but you have to put that money in there. I have zero. With a better plan I wouldn't need an hra.