FedEx Freight | Real Talk: How is the Union going to get you what you want?

Credits
I see a lot of talk about these topics so I am curious as to how the Union will help?

Attendance.
I am a fan of the 180 day rolling attendance. I don't see how it can get any better?

Safety.
I think the latest scorecard is fair, no? If you don't think so then How would YOU want it to be laid out?

Pay
When I applied at competitive companies, FedEx had better wages...

Accountable
If you misload a shipment / drop trailer / ect, a steward won't save us from getting written up. Everyone is held accountable.

I see a lot of talk about these topics so I am curious as to how the Union will help?

Attendance.
I am a fan of the 180 day rolling attendance. I don't see how it can get any better?

Safety.
I think the latest scorecard is fair, no? If you don't think so then How would YOU want it to be laid out?

Pay

Accountable
If you misload a shipment / drop trailer / ect, a steward won't save us from getting written up. Everyone is held accountable.
What about pension , health care, seniority & protection from bs discipline?

I fine with our pension.

I think our health care is great. Try working for another company!

What bs discipline?

I am not a FedEx fanboy, I honestly don't believe the Union will do us any good...

I fine with our pension.

I think our health care is great. Try working for another company!

What bs discipline?

I am not a FedEx fanboy, I honestly don't believe the Union will do us any good...

Good for you sir!

You are apparently independently wealthy so as to not need any income later in life.

You must be young and incredibly healthy thus not needing to use our wonderful healthcare.

You must be the perfect employee, always doing the job perfectly.

Are you related to ST?

Attendance.

Safety.

Pay

Accountable

attendance- how about getting sick and personal days where you don't get charged points( express gets 6) or being able to take a day off when you give a year's notice (management can do what they want and g and they are able to cover the work if you call out )

Safety - the score card is not fair - look at the RCH driver over 16 years safe driving and one accident and he was fired.
everybody's humanyou make one mistake here you get a critical write up or you're fired

Pay - ups makes more than us, and I also have way better health benefits, and a better pension..

accountability - I think we are all for accountability but management also should be held to the same standards..
they are so quick to punish us for a little mistake but yet they get away with everythingand it's okay for them to talk down to you but if you say anything to them its insubordination..

from the way you put some of your stuff you sound like a manager, and if you are a driver and you think our health benefits are greatI would love to know where you live so I can relocate because our benefits suck. only in the Land of Oz and purple Kool Aid is everything perfect

attendance- how about getting sick and personal days where you don't get charged points( express gets 6) or being able to take a day off when you give a year's notice (management can do what they want and g and they are able to cover the work if you call out )

Safety - the score card is not fair - look at the RCH driver over 16 years safe driving and one accident and he was fired.
everybody's humanyou make one mistake here you get a critical write up or you're fired

Pay - ups makes more than us, and I also have way better health benefits, and a better pension..

accountability - I think we are all for accountability but management also should be held to the same standards..
they are so quick to punish us for a little mistake but yet they get away with everythingand it's okay for them to talk down to you but if you say anything to them its insubordination..

from the way you put some of your stuff you sound like a manager, and if you are a driver and you think our health benefits are greatI would love to know where you live so I can relocate because our benefits suck. only in the Land of Oz and purple Kool Aid is everything perfect

Attendance - what's wrong with taking a couple points? They roll off after 180 days. Do you call out that much?

I don't know the RCH driver but I heard at my barn it was brought back, correct?

Have you applied for ups? My son makes a lot more than me being an electrician...I almost thought about applying for that. See where I am going..

I have seen more red shirts get fired than drivers...so that is bunk.

Its hard to get fired with a union. The way it is now guys are getting fired for lunch violations and any trumped up charges they can find. I know a teamster who got a DUI. They couldn't fire him. They had to give him a full time dock position. Strength for the workers.

Lunch violations? Lol. Can't take your lunch before your sixth hour? Why wait?!? Sounds self inflicted. I set my alarm for the 5th hour every day. never had a violation. That simple!

Don't drink and drive....YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL DRIVER.

act like one

Attendance - what's wrong with taking a couple points? They roll off after 180 days. Do you call out that much?

I don't know the RCH driver but I heard at my barn it was brought back, correct?

Have you applied for ups? My son makes a lot more than me being an electrician...I almost thought about applying for that. See where I am going..

I have seen more red shirts get fired than drivers...so that is bunk.[/QUO

okay so you get sick in January you miss a week because you legally cannot drive, and your child gets sick in March and your wife is in a car accident in April , you've accumulated 6 points in 4 months you're fired! we used to have sick and personal time now you don't. and yes that can happen to anyone but I'm sure you're going to give me some company politically correct answer.

I choose to stay here because of all the years I have invested don't know how many years you have invested here or how many more years you're going to make it here, but I do know you could have that one bad day or that one bad month and your fired..

I do see where you're going and maybe you should go work with your son. I'm sure they won't fire him just as easy

and as for red shirts, I don't see them get fired , I see them railroading drivers because most drivers make more than themand I enjoy writing people up

Lunch violations? Lol. Can't take your lunch before your sixth hour? Why wait?!? Sounds self inflicted. I set my alarm for the 5th hour every day. never had a violation. That simple!

act like one

well I'm happy for you and that you may be a professional driver , but I have a question for you if you're a driver and a professional one and for the
and for the company. Shouldn't you be working right now or are you a red shirt acting like a driver , because all of your answer sure sounds like itor you must be a brand new person believing what they tell you

well I'm happy for you and that you may be a professional driver , but I have a question for you if you're a driver and a professional one and for the
and for the company. Shouldn't you be working right now or are you a red shirt acting like a driver , because all of your answer sure sounds like itor you must be a brand new person believing what they tell you

Called in sick... I love the attendance system here!

act like one
The guys fired for lunch violations were a couple minutes late taking lunches. In the real world people get dui's. I've never had one but the point is that if a guy didn't get fired for a DUI it would be hard for them to trump up petty charges and fire you. Sorry George but you seem like the guy that gets on everybody's nerves. You probably have all of the supervisors cell numbers and call them just to chat. Every terminal has at least one.

I have seen more red shirts get fired than drivers...so that is bunk.

You obviously are management.i don't know one company out there that gives points for a family emergency. But even if not say the flu is real bad and your out a week then two weeks later you relapse really get real.how about the poor guys on disability that are getting letters after 90 days saying there insurance is dropping and have to pickup cobra at a cost of $525 stop your bs we can go back and forth all day you lose YES VOTE is in