FedEx Freight | Real Talk: How is the Union going to get you what you want?

You start off by saying your curios how the union can help & post #22 your dead set against the union.....clerk or dispatcher which is it?

No, I am curious as how the union is going to get YOU what you want. I do not want one. I feel there isnt a need for one. Everytime I debate someone in my barn, they run away....

No, I am curious as how the union is going to get YOU what you want. I do not want one. I feel there isnt a need for one. Everytime I debate someone in my barn, they run away....

I'm sure it's they're walking away in frustration after they've made their points and you refuse to accept facts. The fact is the union will negotiate in good faith on our behalf.

I'm sure it's they're walking away in frustration after they've made their points and you refuse to accept facts. The fact is the union will negotiate in good faith on our behalf.

No points are being made though...

Please go back to my first post. Please tell me how the UNION is going to make these things better for you? I am curious.

I see a lot of talk about these topics so I am curious as to how the Union will help?

Pay
When I applied at competitive companies, FedEx had better wages...

When did you apply for these "competitive compaines" 2007? :Poke:

I guess I do see you used "had" which is past tense.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the company had no problem whatsoever waltzing in, not once, but twice, six months apart telling our line board that half of you will be going away. Some of you will just be gone, some of you can transfer. Those that transfer will have 10 days to decide which one of six different places you want to live with no idea what your seniority would be. Way back when, when RC was paying dues, the company would have to request a Change Of Operations (COO) hearing and you'd have way, way more than 10 days to start looking.

I see a lot of educated guesses and uneducated replies. Need to keep one thing in mind, if we go union - the first thing that Fred is going to go for is "the right to manage". Former company was non-union and then became union - only changes I saw was me paying 15% out every month for someone to eat donuts monthly.

" These prerogatives generally reflect the inherent right of management to manage. They afford management the ability to control the enterprise by directing its workforce, determining the means and methods of operation, and, in short, exercising all the rights necessary to effectively and efficiently run the business."

I see a lot of talk about these topics so I am curious as to how the Union will help?

Attendance.
I am a fan of the 180 day rolling attendance. I don't see how it can get any better?

Safety.
I think the latest scorecard is fair, no? If you don't think so then How would YOU want it to be laid out?

Pay
When I applied at competitive companies, FedEx had better wages...

Accountable
If you misload a shipment / drop trailer / ect, a steward won't save us from getting written up. Everyone is held accountable.
Yes it has good pay, but what good does it do when you're limited on hours, you get short days!
Line haul gets very short runs, work dock for 4hrs and back home for the day!
Example Fontana to Gardena, then to Devore(SBR) and back to Fontana!
120 miles and 4 hours of hourly pay=$176 for the day

The medical benefits suck now, you pay more out of your pocket!

And portable pension is only $.31 cent an hour up to 40 hours=$12.40 a week....nice!!!!

And safety? Have you seen the news lately?
Faulty equipment and stressing the drivers,
Making them feel like they are walking on egg shells!

I see a lot of educated guesses and uneducated replies. Need to keep one thing in mind, if we go union - the first thing that Fred is going to go for is "the right to manage". Former company was non-union and then became union - only changes I saw was me paying 15% out every month for someone to eat donuts monthly.

" These prerogatives generally reflect the inherent right of management to manage. They afford management the ability to control the enterprise by directing its workforce, determining the means and methods of operation, and, in short, exercising all the rights necessary to effectively and efficiently run the business."
15% per month to what? This first post is a complete load of BS

Former company was non-union and then became union - only changes I saw was me paying 15% out every month for someone to eat donuts monthly.

Which company was this for? I would like to know which place the union is charging 15% for dues.

Nice 1st post....

FXF does indeed have the right to run its company efficiently.
Too bad they can't make it efficient.

FXF managers do not have the right to set up their own fiefdoms.
They do not have the right to subvert rules into guidelines and interpret them as they see fit.
They do not have the right to throw people under the bus or into the trash as an excuse for why their numbers suck.

Oh, BTW, welcome to the board.

Don't expect a group hug.

You're uneducated here Sir, 15% is not what you pay for union dues!
It's 2 and half hours of your wages a month'
Example FedEx hourly wage is $25
You pay $62.50 a month
One more thing to know, FedEx has a union!
The pilots are unionize, why shouldn't you have the privilege of forming a union too?

Are you a fan of 1/2 hr hook 1/2 hr drop and 1/2hr drop and hook together.? I drive in the city. But these times seem reasonable, no?

Are you a fan of a start time that is really only a start time if they are ready for you? Please go into more detail...

otherwise you set for 29 minutes (funny how that happens) before being compensated. Anyway maybe some of us would like to see the benifits we were told that we would get to keep before the big "merger". We were also told that those of us who stayed would be, I believe the words used were "grandfathered in" for the benefits we had at that time. It would also be nice to have better health care again.
Please go into detail as to what you were promised...

The real pension plan back in place of this new portable pension. What is wrong with the portable pension we have now?

Annual pay increases without annual health insurance increases.
We have always gotten annual increases. Health care has risen every single year as well. What are you wanting exactly?

The problem is we had nothing in writing and we currently have nothing in writing.
What are you wanting in writing? I am confused by this...

Typical management spins, playing dumb on simple questions. The masters of deception ...