FedEx Freight | Real Talk: How is the Union going to get you what you want?

Lol.

I haven't seen one argument yet but you say the truth....okay.

I would suggest that you folks get on the FedEx intranet and READ! I can tell you folks don't know policies about FedEx and you should. Now you want s third party to come in? I wonder how much research y'all will do on them.

I am a driver and will FIGHT to keep them out of my wallet!!!

You obviously are management.i don't know one company out there that gives points for a family emergency. But even if not say the flu is real bad and your out a week then two weeks later you relapse really get real.how about the poor guys on disability that are getting letters after 90 days saying there insurance is dropping and have to pickup cobra at a cost of $525 stop your bs we can go back and forth all day you lose YES VOTE is in
You will start to see a lot of one hit wonders on here now, same thing happens on the yrc forum every time the have a vote....

Lol.

I would suggest that you folks get on the FedEx intranet and READ! I can tell you folks don't know policies about FedEx and you should. Now you want s third party to come in? I wonder how much research y'all will do on them.

Well, as RC and I see it, sure hope you live in a right to work state.

I see a lot of talk about these topics so I am curious as to how the Union will help?

Attendance.
I am a fan of the 180 day rolling attendance. I don't see how it can get any better?

Safety.
I think the latest scorecard is fair, no? If you don't think so then How would YOU want it to be laid out?

Pay
When I applied at competitive companies, FedEx had better wages...

Accountable
If you misload a shipment / drop trailer / ect, a steward won't save us from getting written up. Everyone is held accountable.
Are you a fan of 1/2 hr hook 1/2 hr drop and 1/2hr drop and hook together.? Are you a fan of a start time that is really only a start time if they are ready for you ? otherwise you set for 29 minutes (funny how that happens) before being compensated. Anyway maybe some of us would like to see the benifits we were told that we would get to keep before the big "merger". We were also told that those of us who stayed would be, I believe the words used were "grandfathered in" for the benefits we had at that time. It would also be nice to have better health care again. The real pension plan back in place of this new portable pension. Annual pay increases without annual health insurance increases.The problem is we had nothing in writing and we currently have nothing in writing. There was no contract and there is no contract. We were all told ,AF , Viking and Watkins employees just what we wanted to hear so that we would'nt all start jumping ship and leave this company short handed. As you all know good seasoned workers are hard to replace in a hurry. And finally, If you look someone in the eyes and ask a question that you've already been informed on what the real answer is and you watch them squirm as they straight up lie to you, would it be wrong for you to no longer trust, respect or be loyal to them ? Well here is my answer "NO" it would not. And it would be stupid of me to continue to complain about the past and not try to do something for the future. I can not do it alone but I can do my part to help bring in an organization that can bring many voices together, help put future promises on paper and write contracts from here on out. I think that for our future we should seek outside help. This company has taken on too much to trust them with it all. We need to put someone in a seat at that big table. "happy trails" ya'all

FMLA? Everyone is entitled to it.
Good luck with that these a holes make you jump through hoops to get it. The are very close to crossing the line on being in violation of the FMLA laws by the bs they make you do to get it. Maybe someone trying to get it should hire a lawyer and go after their ass for their harassing ways they go about it.

:Quote Originally Posted by snake plissken View Post
well I'm happy for you and that you may be a professional driver , but I have a question for you if you're a driver and a professional one and for the
and for the company. Shouldn't you be working right now or are you a red shirt acting like a driver , because all of your answer sure sounds like itor you must be a brand new person believing what they tell you

Called in sick... I love the attendance system here!

That is freaking funny!;)

I see a lot of talk about these topics so I am curious as to how the Union will help?

Attendance.
I am a fan of the 180 day rolling attendance. I don't see how it can get any better?

Safety.
I think the latest scorecard is fair, no? If you don't think so then How would YOU want it to be laid out?

Pay
When I applied at competitive companies, FedEx had better wages...

Accountable
If you misload a shipment / drop trailer / ect, a steward won't save us from getting written up. Everyone is held accountable.
You start off by saying your curios how the union can help & post #22 your dead set against the union.....clerk or dispatcher which is it?

Lol.

What state do you live in? If it is a right to work state you wont have to join the union, but don't come crying to us when things are not working out for you. You will be all on your own and we will be together as a stronger and supportive group looking out for each other. Enjoy the purple pecker promises.

Are you a fan of 1/2 hr hook 1/2 hr drop and 1/2hr drop and hook together.? I drive in the city. But these times seem reasonable, no?

Are you a fan of a start time that is really only a start time if they are ready for you? Please go into more detail...

otherwise you set for 29 minutes (funny how that happens) before being compensated. Anyway maybe some of us would like to see the benifits we were told that we would get to keep before the big "merger". We were also told that those of us who stayed would be, I believe the words used were "grandfathered in" for the benefits we had at that time. It would also be nice to have better health care again.
Please go into detail as to what you were promised...

The real pension plan back in place of this new portable pension. What is wrong with the portable pension we have now?

Annual pay increases without annual health insurance increases.
We have always gotten annual increases. Health care has risen every single year as well. What are you wanting exactly?

The problem is we had nothing in writing and we currently have nothing in writing.
What are you wanting in writing? I am confused by this...

Good luck with that these a holes make you jump through hoops to get it. The are very close to crossing the line on being in violation of the FMLA laws by the bs they make you do to get it. Maybe someone trying to get it should hire a lawyer and go after their ass for their harassing ways they go about it.

What hoops? It is easy process.

What state do you live in? If it is a right to work state you wont have to join the union, but don't come crying to us when things are not working out for you. You will be all on your own and we will be together as a stronger and supportive group looking out for each other. Enjoy the purple pecker promises.

Don't come crying when you sign away your rights!