FedEx Freight | "Realignment"

It would be to much of a cluster buck to combine all the op co's. you think things are screwed up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Fed Ex is downsizing express, a employee with benifts operation, and shifting it to ground, a contractor model( no insurance, no vacation, buy your own truck, fuel, uniforms and maintain them to FED EX's standards). We were worried when they bought Watkins because they had contractors. If Fed Ex goes with one division for all (letter, package, or pallet) it's gonna be the cash cow Ground division that gets it all.
But I do believe they will do the same thing with FXF, the 400-600 mile meet and turns will be handled with contractors (like ground), and the FXF road drivers will become shuttle drivers with dock work.

Thanks a bunch Captain Kirk. You know half of their operational ideas come from "what ifs" posted here.
Oh, BTW, Mr Sulu has something for you......................

I don't think nothing will happen to Freight might get some of Expresses freight, down size Express because Ground does a cheaper job :nutkick: doing the same thing but name change might be universal with all branches FedEx.com :grouphug:Maybe that's why they are pushing numbers on deliveries by 70% and 90% by 14:00?