ABF | Received my official letter in mail.

So they say they want Union employees with ABF owned pension plan and medical. Hard times are coming save your money.With this reformed pension law we should all see a raise in are pension as all the funds are underfunded.The employer has to make up the differance to get the plan fully funded in 15 years.

I got my letter as well. i promptly put it in my bathroom for toilet paper........ THEY CAN HAVE MY PENSION WHEN THEY PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!STAND UP NOW IS THE TIME TO BE A MAN. IF YOU DONT, WE WILL BE LIKE CON-WAY. SAIA, FED EX,ESTES... NO PENSION!!!!NO NMFA!!!! MORE FLEXABILITY.. NOT ONLY NO BUT H**L NO......LET YOUR MGRS NO YOU ARE NOT A :butt kiss: THERE SHOULD BE NO DISCUSION ON THIS JUST A GREAT BIG NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your right hoffa we should give them nothing and then demand a $7.00 an hour raise and maybe a15 cent a mile on top of what we already get and 5 grand a month pension. Maybe we should demand that they pay our house payments and childs education while were at it. Or just another thought we can see what kind of flexibility there asking for and work together toward a contract that is both good for the company and us. I'm sure you think that you deserve my first suggestion but then we will all be looking for new jobs and after you've seen whats out there you would be begging to get into con-way or fedex.

I've worked here for well over a year now and thats long enough to realize that we have it pretty good compared to most everyone else. I don't think alot of people understand what an otr job is like when they have been fortunate to work such a good job for so long. Now I'm not saying we should let the company crap all over us but what I am saying is give them a chance to come up with a fair contract offer before we start ripping them apart.

It's all about greed, their not happy with making 5 to 15 cent on the dollar,they what more and you have to give up going out with the family,watching your son or daughter play sports,graduation,out of the question.no we have to many people off and we need you. Then you put in 25,30,even 40 years and now we want to take what little you worked so hard . Can we appreciate a little pension in the golden years.How about the Teamster that has 10,15,20 in the pension plan and it is has no cash as we allow the company's to stop paying in. 2008 is going to be a rough contract,but I willl do what ever it takes to see that those in front get what promise to them and those that start the trade today have a future retirement. Don't think for a minute the company's are going to give you a better plan.Did you not read the fine print before you signed.

2008 is going to be a rough contract,but I willl do what ever it takes to see that those in front get what promise to them and those that start the trade today have a future retirement. Don't think for a minute the company's are going to give you a better plan.
Spoken like a True Teamster Brother. This is how our union was built.

Now I'm not saying we should let the company crap all over us but what I am saying is give them a chance to come up with a fair contract offer before we start ripping them apart.
Have you been listening to all of Davidsons speeches?

Do you think for one minute that he is concerned about YOU or any other employee at ABF for any reason other than cutting cost and making more money for ABF?

I realize what a good job I have and that ABF is a great place to work and that they treat you very good. This said I also know why they treat me the way they do.

Take a way the NMFA and give Davidson all the "flexibility" that he wants in the work place and you better have a good supply of Preparation H.

I've worked here for well over a year now and thats long enough to realize that we have it pretty good compared to most everyone else. I don't think alot of people understand what an otr job is like when they have been fortunate to work such a good job for so long. Now I'm not saying we should let the company crap all over us but what I am saying is give them a chance to come up with a fair contract offer before we start ripping them apart.

Very professional post! This is the way to go into this. Not with guns drawn... This goes back to the answer of how to correct the 14 billion underfunded pension, you can't just add more teamster jobs and expect the contributions to catch up..

A strike vote doesn't mean we strike. It shows the company that we are willing to stand for what we believe in.

Seems like a show of unity works wonders some times but then again it does seems like Davidson and his cronies are the only ones united as they try to negotiate a contract with all their BS with a captive audience.

oops I forgot he said he wasn't doing that. Yeah right.

seems like Davidson and his cronies are the only ones united as they try to negotiate a contract with all their BS with a captive audience.

oops I forgot he said he wasn't doing that. Yeah right.

I haven't read anywhere, about how much davidson is giving back in HIS salary or pension or bonus or travel expense or per diem expense? Or any of the other vice presidents? Seems it is just drivers/dockworkers that need to understand the need to be more competitve?

If we strike now, you might as well go ahead and close the doors.... The shippers will not put up with their freight sitting because we can't negotiate on labor issues...

Thats what was said in 1994 also and the freight came back. If there were a strike(which I highly doubt) the shippers would be back as soon as the companies reopened knowing that there will be at least 5 years of labor peace ahead.

The only shippers that may not come back right away would be the ones that had freight delayed in the event of a strike and even they would come back after a while if the price and service are right.

Remember, time heels all wounds. :1036316054:

From what I've seen and heard ABF already has more flexibility than what the other NMFA companies have, given more flexibility in this current economic environment would and will only lead to more people be laid-off so that others can maintain there bonuses.:ranting:

I would like to see the multi-employer,define benefit funds were people say " Teamster Union,"Like wow I envy you people and your funds.Not like the company whats to throw it out like garbage. If we get that pride back in the Union people would come running to know that they have a secure future. It will be tough and hard decisions will have to be made.Your right a strike vote means we stand together.Accountablity to these funds has caused this stir and it can be a great wake up call and we can have stronger funds in the future if you are willing.I see their are those Teamsters that would like to see take company offer on a 401k.I say to them if you put in 10% in a 401k you lowered your wage by $2.50 and how much will you have if the company puts in 4%.Will it be enough to retire on say in 10,15years. The Teamster funds that pay a person $3000 a month for the retirement is worth close to $750,000 pay out a 5% interest. We might be the last group of funds the do not ask it members to contribute.Would I sacrifice to have the retirement of the Teamster's.Hell yes.Lets look at option two and have the best in America the top retirement funds that fully funded and there for every Teamster.

They have been testing the waters for about two years now. I have never seen so many physically exhausted drivers before in my life. If you dont give them you're last life blood, you are in for a warning letter for 'absenteeism' 'delay of freight' and all this other stuff. We need more time off. We need to keep diving hours at a max of ten, regardless of what the DOT allows. There is a whole plethora of things we need to keep an eye on, please don't forget. The pension and healthcare is just as important. We need to be vigilant in 2008. But for gosh sakes go to your local union meeting. Teamster solidarity in these upcoming months is vital to our getting a good contract. While we all may not agree on different topics and issues at hand, together we can all make a difference. Divided we will not only fall, but fail each other.