Yellow | Reddaway Expansion TX,OK and LA

Bestway, took its biggest hit when purchased by TNT. Had that not happened and the owner of Bestway not sold to TNT, they undoubtedly would have been the PREMIER carrier, most likely nationwide.

That's a whole nother can of worms, but some seem to be short sighted on their origins.
Seems to me it was TNT Bestway when I arrived in Albuquerque in 1981. Reddaway took over their terminal after their merger and then stopped servicing Albuquerque altogether a short time later.

Seems to me it was TNT Bestway when I arrived in Albuquerque in 1981. Reddaway took over their terminal after their merger and then stopped servicing Albuquerque altogether a short time later.
Reddaway celebrates 90 years in business [08.29.2009]
Founded in 1919 by the Reddaway family of Oregon City, Ore., Reddaway is the oldest continuously operating motor carrier in Oregon and the oldest in the YRC Worldwide family of companies.

William Arthur Reddaway established Reddaway’s Truck Line in June 1919, serving primarily Portland, Ore., and Oregon City. The company started business using a Model T truck, but didn't use it for long because it was hard to keep running.

The next truck was a Day Elder two-ton, which had a top speed of eight mph. The run from Portland to Oregon City (a traveling distance of 16 miles) took two hours.

Reddaway’s Truck Line grew as a premier service provider in the Pacific Northwest for five decades. After an ownership change in 1971, the company undertook an aggressive expansion that extended service to Salem, Ore., and Seattle, Wash.

Increasing coverage along the I-5 corridor in Oregon and Washington was the focus for the next decade. In 1986, Reddaway made its first inroads into the California market by opening a service center in Redding. In the following years, Reddaway expanded throughout California with 13 strategically located service centers.

In 1989, TNT North America acquired Reddaway. TNT was a transportation holding company that went public in the United States as TNT Freightways Corp. in 1992.

TNT Reddaway, as the company was called then, was merged with TNT United in February 1996, creating a larger company with even greater coverage.

Also in 1996, TNT Freightways changed its name to US Freightways Corp. (and then later to USF Corp.) in a move designed to symbolize its independent identity as a leader in the transportation and logistics industry.

These actions gave birth to USF Reddaway, the name that the company’s been known by in recent years.

In 2004, Yellow Roadway Corp. (now known as YRC Worldwide) acquired USF Reddaway. In 2006, another regional carrier, USF Bestway, was consolidated into USF Reddaway.

Today, Reddaway is part of YRC Regional Transportation (along with Holland in the Midwest and New Penn in the East), a strategically important operating division of YRC Worldwide

http://www.yrcregional.com/news/2009/90retl080609.shtml

:shift:

Reactions: ESP
Holland has actually lost territory from what it once had since I've been there.We lost territory in Georgia (a lot of it),Alabama and Pennsylvania.Where is our footprint increasing?
Yrcf has around three billion in revenue and is starting to turn the corner .I don't think the plans are to eliminate you as it seems some are speculating.I will say it again...If the regionals were sold for 1.1 billion and Yrcf were to operate debt free with 3 billion in revenue your futures would be fairly secure.Obviously big changes are coming but IMO our biggest problem is the damn pension withdraw liabilities making our companies burdened with debt that is impossible to pay off.

Holland has actually lost territory from what it once had since I've been there.We lost territory in Georgia (a lot of it),Alabama and Pennsylvania.Where is our footprint increasing?
Yrcf has around three billion in revenue and is starting to turn the corner .I don't think the plans are to eliminate you as it seems some are speculating.I will say it again...If the regionals were sold for 1.1 billion and Yrcf were to operate debt free with 3 billion in revenue your futures would be fairly secure.Obviously big changes are coming but IMO our biggest problem is the damn pension withdraw liabilities making our companies burdened with debt that is impossible to pay off.
Go to the regional map and tap on Dallas TX. With this layout freight will be interlined to SMT for delivery to the D/FW market. There are people at YRCF in Dallas metro area laid off right now. This is just one example and it is becoming clear where this is going!

Just eat your popcorn and watch the movie.We have extremely well qualified people operating this company.Trust me.They know what they are doing..

May also want to throw out their that Reddaway is pretty much non- union system wide.
A few terminals along the West coast under contract. I sure someone out their can put a number on it.

After looking at the Texas service points I will tell you this is another Con-Job‼️ Once these service areas are covered they will start shutting YRCF down‼️ Right now we break JNJ trailers loaded with Holland freight and brought in daily to deliver to the Texas points. Why would Holland expand to areas already being served by YRCF?

Just eat your popcorn and watch the movie.We have extremely well qualified people operating this company.Trust me.They know what they are doing..

xRcWoFL.jpg