Holland | Regionals a drag on YRCW

highheadblues

TB Veteran
Credits
I hate the thought of putting brother teamsters out of work but maybe its time we shut down the poor performing regionals. They can apply at yrcf we need experienced people. Just dont know how much longer we can carry the regionals.

How many posts you see on here wanting to load all the debt on yrcf and then close it down? Great to have union brothers like that isnt it. Figured give them a little dose of what they been dishin out
Don't take it personally. I don't think that there are many people who actually want to see YRCW collapse and take YRC employees down with it, but there comes a time when your anchor is snagged on a log, and if you want to get home before dark, you've got to cut the rope.

How many posts you see on here wanting to load all the debt on yrcf and then close it down? Great to have union brothers like that isnt it. Figured give them a little dose of what they been dishin out
Probably could have pointed your sarcasm toward a couple of posters or maybe three. It sounds sort of unfounded to call Holland, New Penn and Reddyway out as losers when what profit that was made came from our pockets.

people like to say our union has gotten weak,well its only as strong as its members. Thats what a union is brothers standing to fight together not wishing ill will on each other.
Dont wish ill on the drivers although they didnt seem to care all those years when yellow was destroying good teamster companies with outrageous discounts, when they were bankrupt several times. Yellow DESERVES to be out of business. I laughed when fredex did their 90/90 and gave them a taste of their own medicine.

people like to say our union has gotten weak,well its only as strong as its members. Thats what a union is brothers standing to fight together not wishing ill will on each other.
Yes and no. I'd rather compare it to a chain. How strong is a chain? As strong as its weakest link. We have been beaten into submission by our own leaders. The are weak. Look at what they did to their UPS members in Kentucky when they approved their contract without member approval? The IBT says they know what's best for the members and they shoved it down their throats in spite of an overwhelming "no" by the members. Now if they were trying to lead us in a different direction and we didn't follow, then the members would be the problem.

I disagree, look at the pipeline contract, its great, its one of the best Union jobs around, period. its not voted on at all by the rank and file. the union knows when a contract is good. and they also know that they have a bunch of people that have mush for brains in freight. the density isn't there, and there are a lot of people that pay dues that would walk right past a picket line.

its 2015, over in conways forum, you have a guy that has been arguing against standing up for themselves for months. he gets bitchy and ignores facts, and hides behind the mods. he actually started a thread calling guys who were doing something cowards, for rocking his boat when he didn't approve. The whole thought process of working class Americans has changed, and not for the better. its not just the Teamsters, or OUR leadership, if it was, then where are the labor unions that are doing better than us?

I disagree, look at the pipeline contract, its great, its one of the best Union jobs around, period. its not voted on at all by the rank and file. the union knows when a contract is good. and they also know that they have a bunch of people that have mush for brains in freight. the density isn't there, and there are a lot of people that pay dues that would walk right past a picket line.

its 2015, over in conways forum, you have a guy that has been arguing against standing up for themselves for months. he gets bitchy and ignores facts, and hides behind the mods. he actually started a thread calling guys who were doing something cowards, for rocking his boat when he didn't approve. The whole thought process of working class Americans has changed, and not for the better. its not just the Teamsters, or OUR leadership, if it was, then where are the labor unions that are doing better than us?
Your right people in america will not stand up for themselves any more. Most including guys I work with live check to check and are scarred to death to do anything that might jepordize it. I'm astonished at the people at conway and fedex that will argue that its better to be at the companies mercy than to have a contract . But unfortunately all the company has to do is say boo and they crap their pants worried they might cut back ot because they'll go bankrupt with one short check . Fedex where I live overwhelmingly signed cards, then after showing them the overnite video they overwhelmingly voted no. I just cannot imagine living in fear like that.