Yellow | Respect your brothers

albag

Pray for peace!
PREMIUM
Credits
This is a question to a select few employees of YRC. Why do you feel compelled to vandalize our equipment? When I got in 70004 this morning someone has already removed the arm rest and made a hole in the headliner. This unit has only 16,000 miles at this rate it will be junk by Memorial Day!

Your choice pick a couple

*It was in my way
*I'm too large to fit in the seat with those things
*I'm not smart enough to find and tighten the knob to keep it from falling down
*I don't like them
*Screw them, they took my 15% I'm going to cost them 25%
*Where do you expect me to hang my mic?
*Screw these road drivers that always get the new trucks I'm going to make it look just like my P&D unit......
:poster_oops: :hide:

wait till the orange and blue paint gets rubbed off on it ,not to mention the front bumpers bent in from pushing dollys.. just about every terminal i'm at all i see is yard guys driving the new equiptment and i leave with a junk sterling...

This is a question to a select few employees of YRC. Why do you feel compelled to vandalize our equipment? When I got in 70004 this morning someone has already removed the arm rest and made a hole in the headliner. This unit has only 16,000 miles at this rate it will be junk by Memorial Day!

Al, you are asking the "select few" a complex painful question. These are the few that I mentioned in a different post, the "troglodyte & cromagnum" factor. I beg to ask you, "if they have no respect for themselves, then how can you expect them to have ANY respect for you"? It's just a shame that there isn't enough equipment to go around so that you can have a unit assigned to you. If that were to happen, 99% of the vandalism would disappear overnight. Why, you ask? If you have to be "responsible" for the routine care and maintenance of the unit, and be held accountable, you will take care of it, even if you are a functioning Mongoloid. My current assigned unit has over 1,000,000 miles on it, BUT, can pass a Level 1 inspection without difficulties. It's not the newest or prettiest on the road, but it does exactly what it's supposed to do.

wait till the orange and blue paint gets rubbed off on it ,not to mention the front bumpers bent in from pushing dollys.. just about every terminal i'm at all i see is yard guys driving the new equiptment and i leave with a junk sterling...
and here I thought we got all them junk sterlings from yellow. They are some quality trucks. But they fit right in with our junk.

The question really was rhetorical. Those responsible won't be answering. It is just a shame that some cannot make the connection between decent equipment and the need to help keep it that way.

Armrest----Probably the same group that was selling all the copper piping from that closed terminal. Took the armrest to sell to a Brockway collector that was restoring one to original condition.

Hole in headliner----I would bet the last driver was an IMF team member and that was where his latest orders were!

Same type a**holes have been around for years. Back in the late 1970's, company I drove for (a Teamster freight job) ordered new road tractors with CB antennas already permanently mounted on the cabs. Nice touch, not having to drag the antenna in all the time. Now wouldn't you know that after a short time in service some mutts on the job began to break off or otherwise destroy the antennas. Sad to say, some things (or people) never change.

I can almost get the holes in the headliner but why do there have to be twenty of them? And don't your guys white out all the dashboard lights too before they have 5000 miles on them?

People push dollies with bumpers?

I bet somebody took a leak or worse in one too!........LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bunch a Damn Monkeys........

How bout those lumbar supports that fill by air? Do the guys stab them with their pocket knives?
A friend told me this once but I don't know it as a fact.

Alternative Strategy

Maybe there should be a new system, whereby new trucks are introduced to EOL terminals. After each truck has 50k miles it moves to linehaul.
P & D gets new trucks every year or two and they are cared for with love and affection until they move on.....

How bout those lumbar supports that fill by air? Do the guys stab them with their pocket knives?
A friend told me this once but I don't know it as a fact.

They also rub boogers and blow snot on the shifter and steering wheel and poor pee down the hot defroster outlets, just like the Fed-X-F drivers do!:biglaugh:
See, we all have a sense of humor!

My favorite is the ashes inside the the dash vents , so when turned on, it looks like a snow globe in the cab. (not funny, I hate cigs) Or the jackass that just uses the cab floor or the door arm rest for an ashtray for 500 miles........Or the turd nugget that throws his butts on the defroster vents. I found a toenail on a chain box last week. Yes, A TOENAIL. I should have bagged it and sent it to YRC CSI for analysis. And , why do drivers have to get out of the cab from a long run , step out on the pad, and put away their junk? Myself or my fellow yard men do NOT want to see you putting your junk away. Do it in the cab, thanks.