ABF | Review for ABF Contract

You can find the abf contract online and down load it to your cell phone so you can look at it anytime you want. That is what I did. I am dumbfounded by how many guys don't know what they voted for. Get with it and wake up!!!! Let's stop this nonsense in 4 years and get back on trac
You are absolutely correct but our international has the responsibility to furnish copies to every member. I have downloaded and copied the contract but every member should be handed a copy. The international need's to act like they give a s*** about the freight members! Yes it is time to stand together and stop this now!

You are absolutely correct but our international has the responsibility to furnish copies to every member. I have downloaded and copied the contract but every member should be handed a copy. The international need's to act like they give a s*** about the freight members! Yes it is time to stand together and stop this now!

I hope they care. I will be attending my first educational meeting Sunday at our local Teamsters hall. I'm with FXF and we're trying to organize. We're doing this in several cities. I am personally sticking my next out passing cards. I hope it's not for nothing.

I voted no. The glaring reality I learned from this fiasco, our union doesn't have our best interest in mind when it comes to dealing with the company. Our leadership has become entrenched and is in survival mode, theirs, not ours. The lies in the last beg back, we're minuscule compared to the lies spewed by both sides this beg back. And not challenged on our behalf. I think our biggest challenge now is the new hands coming on board that are new to the union scene. They only know what they have now. They are ripe for company and IBT propaganda for future givebacks. And their numbers will grow as seasoned drivers see a company demanding concessions from their employees and look elsewhere.we need to educate them to what can happen with a divided and uninformed membership. Just my 2 cents worth.

It's all about the dues.

Has any of our experienced members or less experienced studied the constitution to see if it provides for removal of officials in regards to what is happening to this contract and our representation. The clear violations and non-representation of MOU and articles? I just wonder with all of the posts and questions and inquiries, who has actually taken time to study this. Its funny to me that Hoffa overwhelmingly was given "Emiritus" status at last convention and now seemingly oversees the butchering of the trucklines, now UPS, etc.. All Hail his glorius Hoffa while companies that several generations of Teamsters including Hoffa Sr fought against now use s*@^ labor? Yes voted by fellow Teamsters, but we all know, even our Yes voting Brothers that 6% is a joke. They hook own sets, run bids, run our extra runs, do meet and turns with ABF drivers, they are now our Extra board!! Quite the opposite of the signed MOU by ABF and IBT officials.. Time to begin holding people accountable from bottom up, stewards, BA, locals, Joint Councils, Int V.P!!! no rest for the weary....pound away, don't give in...

I hope they care. I will be attending my first educational meeting Sunday at our local Teamsters hall. I'm with FXF and we're trying to organize. We're doing this in several cities. I am personally sticking my next out passing cards. I hope it's not for nothing.

Thank you for your effort. Organizing is the only way the Teamsters as we know will be in the trucking industry in the future. I hope you & those seeking representation can look over all the negativity directed at the IBT.

Has any of our experienced members or less experienced studied the constitution to see if it provides for removal of officials in regards to what is happening to this contract and our representation. The clear violations and non-representation of MOU and articles? I just wonder with all of the posts and questions and inquiries, who has actually taken time to study this. Its funny to me that Hoffa overwhelmingly was given "Emiritus" status at last convention and now seemingly oversees the butchering of the trucklines, now UPS, etc.. All Hail his glorius Hoffa while companies that several generations of Teamsters including Hoffa Sr fought against now use s*@^ labor? Yes voted by fellow Teamsters, but we all know, even our Yes voting Brothers that 6% is a joke. They hook own sets, run bids, run our extra runs, do meet and turns with ABF drivers, they are now our Extra board!! Quite the opposite of the signed MOU by ABF and IBT officials.. Time to begin holding people accountable from bottom up, stewards, BA, locals, Joint Councils, Int V.P!!! no rest for the weary....pound away, don't give in...
The IBT Constitution provides instructions on how to impeach and remove International and Principal officers who are guilty of misappropriations of funds, malfeseance of office, gross abuse of office,.....etc,.....However, the IBT Executive board rules on those cases. Since about 1985, or so,...the Federal government has forced an Independent Review Board on the Teamsters,.....so that the rank-and-file can report instances of abuse to a Federal prosecutor,.........I believe that's Charles Carberry,.......you can read all about those peccadilloes in the back pages of the Teamsters magazine. To file any sort of substantial charges,....with either group,....you must have a well-documented case,.....absolute proof,.....that the Officers in question compromised their oath of office.....Right now, all you can accuse the IBT so-called "negotiating teams" of ,....is shocking incompetency,.....stupidity of the first sort,.....falling for lies promoted by false information provided from the employers,........in itself,....nothing impeachable,....no ,.....ummm...."laws",...or IBT rules broken,.....UNLESS, you have evidence the IBT officers DELIBERATELY colluded with the employers to lower their labor costs and gut our contracts. They can't be impeached,...or removed from office for rank incompetency,............bumbling , foolish ignorance of facts,......clownish failure to hold employers accountable for their numbers provided during negotiations,..........cowardly acquiesance to the employers' threats of closure.........All that stuff,....is what the IBT General election is about, when they have their convention in about two years,.........and for the Local officers who spouted the party lines, and told the rank-and-file that "These are Good Contracts,....Good MOU's,...We Recommend That You Vote For Them.",........Well, well, well,......Looky here,.....Local elections are starting for many Locals this September,......So,.....after a nice, long summer of cut-rate contracts, cut-rate pension payments, and cut-rate carriers pulling our freight and violating our conditions,.....the rank-and-file ought to be red-hot angry,....and they ought to take that red-hot anger right down to the front row on the very first Local Union meeting in September,.....and hold those Local Officers ACCOUNTABLE for their lack of courage and leadership through these last contract talks,.......and inform them,.....in no uncertain terms,.....that you won't be voting for them,.....ever,.....and that they can return to their rank-and-file jobs once they lose the election,.....and work under the conditions they helped ruin,.....and see how they like that. We were lied to about pensions,...healthcare,....MOU's,....about ABF potentially being bought by YRC,.....All lies,......Don't forget where you heard those lies promoted from.

Thank you for your effort. Organizing is the only way the Teamsters as we know will be in the trucking industry in the future. I hope you & those seeking representation can look over all the negativity directed at the IBT.[/QUOTE

I don't think it's so much directed at the IBT as it is to our current leadership????

The IBT Constitution provides instructions on how to impeach and remove International and Principal officers who are guilty of misappropriations of funds, malfeseance of office, gross abuse of office,.....etc,.....However, the IBT Executive board rules on those cases. Since about 1985, or so,...the Federal government has forced an Independent Review Board on the Teamsters,.....so that the rank-and-file can report instances of abuse to a Federal prosecutor,.........I believe that's Charles Carberry,.......you can read all about those peccadilloes in the back pages of the Teamsters magazine. To file any sort of substantial charges,....with either group,....you must have a well-documented case,.....absolute proof,.....that the Officers in question compromised their oath of office.....Right now, all you can accuse the IBT so-called "negotiating teams" of ,....is shocking incompetency,.....stupidity of the first sort,.....falling for lies promoted by false information provided from the employers,........in itself,....nothing impeachable,....no ,.....ummm...."laws",...or IBT rules broken,.....UNLESS, you have evidence the IBT officers DELIBERATELY colluded with the employers to lower their labor costs and gut our contracts. They can't be impeached,...or removed from office for rank incompetency,............bumbling , foolish ignorance of facts,......clownish failure to hold employers accountable for their numbers provided during negotiations,..........cowardly acquiesance to the employers' threats of closure.........All that stuff,....is what the IBT General election is about, when they have their convention in about two years,.........and for the Local officers who spouted the party lines, and told the rank-and-file that "These are Good Contracts,....Good MOU's,...We Recommend That You Vote For Them.",........Well, well, well,......Looky here,.....Local elections are starting for many Locals this September,......So,.....after a nice, long summer of cut-rate contracts, cut-rate pension payments, and cut-rate carriers pulling our freight and violating our conditions,.....the rank-and-file ought to be red-hot angry,....and they ought to take that red-hot anger right down to the front row on the very first Local Union meeting in September,.....and hold those Local Officers ACCOUNTABLE for their lack of courage and leadership through these last contract talks,.......and inform them,.....in no uncertain terms,.....that you won't be voting for them,.....ever,.....and that they can return to their rank-and-file jobs once they lose the election,.....and work under the conditions they helped ruin,.....and see how they like that. We were lied to about pensions,...healthcare,....MOU's,....about ABF potentially being bought by YRC,.....All lies,......Don't forget where you heard those lies promoted from.

Great post, and so true...

Great post, and so true...
One thing that was illegal according to the NLRA.Coercion is illegal. To threaten employees of company closure for a favorable vote in favor of what a company wants or union.That was down right distasteful and wrong.In the case against YRCW and the 2014 MOU.We voted twice for basically the same horrendous contract.Of which the first of the two was voted down unaminously.Then the executives after the second vote in favor of the company.Granted themselves a hefty bonus and one board member got his cool 5 million dollars and left to go back to his investment firm MAEVA.Of which the company received some money as well.Yeah YRCW was going broke..

One thing that was illegal according to the NLRA.Coercion is illegal. To threaten employees of company closure for a favorable vote in favor of what a company wants or union.That was down right distasteful and wrong.In the case against YRCW and the 2014 MOU.We voted twice for basically the same horrendous contract.Of which the first of the two was voted down unaminously.Then the executives after the second vote in favor of the company.Granted themselves a hefty bonus and one board member got his cool 5 million dollars and left to go back to his investment firm MAEVA.Of which the company received some money as well.Yeah YRCW was going broke..
They will get real sanctimonious, and tell you that you had a "choice" on how to vote. Of course, they'll never mention the sneaky tactics and subtle,......and not so subtle,.... coercion used to scare the timid and uneducated among us. So,.....therefore, no laws were broken,........It's not illegal to be stupid,...scared,...timid,...uneducated,....nor is it illegal to take advantage of the stupid and gullible,......as long as you gave them a "choice"....Therefore,....ABF's and YRC's ........"tactics",....over the last few contract and MOU sessions,......were,....ummm...."legal",..and no "laws" were broken,....unless you want to give a few lawyers the screaming chuckles, and talk about Morality and Honesty. Any lawyer worth his exorbitant retainer fee will tell you that Honesty is a relative term,....and Morality has no place in business,..........Just look at that slimy den of milquetoast cutthroat thieves on Wall Street, for an example of how Honesty and Morality play in the business world.......This is why Unions were developed, in the first place,.........to inject a little Morality in the dealings with business owners and their Labor force,.........And now we come to the question of exactly what was the IBT ...."leadership's "....thought process during these last few years,...........Ignorant of industry conditions?......Isolated from the real world on the docks and behind the wheel?........So complacently stupid that they took everything that the company negotiators claimed as true,....without verifying the facts?............(...none of which is against the.."law"..).....OR,.....Were they complicit in lowering our compensation in a time of a severe driver shortage, because they were co-operating with the ATA leadership in containing Labor costs?...........THAT would be against the Law,.......And the Moral Law........ Remember in September.......

Review for ABF Contract

Well it’s been about 12 months now since the 2014 contract been passed. I would like to know how it is working out for you. I know the no voters are not happy (Still like to hear from you) but how about all the YES VOTERS. You know who you are even if you won’t admit it. This is what the company/IBT and most important YES voters wanted. I HOPE IT WAS WORTH IT!!!

1. When you pushed so hard for the passing of this latest MOU, did you know that it was going to turn out this way? Are you satisfied with the results?

2. Has Purchased Transportation affected you? Have you sat home while Purchased Transportation is pulling your loads?

3. How is the company treating you since Contract being passed?

4. Are you satisfied Management is doing their job and bringing ABF back to profitability?

5. Are you satisfied IBT and the Local Unions have represented you and upheld the Teamster Constitution and bring back respectability.

1. No.

2. Yes, purchased transportation has affected me. The volumes of runs are not a problem, but the quality of the run certainly is.

3. Closing my terminal and moving it to Memphis. They will end up displacing roughly 350 families for a short-term gain the real estate market.

4. To be determined.

5. Have understood all long they were behind the eight ball in negotiating a contract with an unfair pension obligation to ABF. I spent a lot of time in these pages trying to discuss the pension issue prior to the contract negotiation. ABF hammered this issue down our throat and will most likely get a congressional reprieve before the next contract. A general lesson in life is if you don't solve your problems, others will with dramatic consequences.

Papa John, I believe it is safe to say this contract sucks. Should we have voted it down? Maybe, but the company was prepared for a lockout and it is really hard to say how that would have turned out.

1. No.

2. Yes, purchased transportation has affected me. The volumes of runs are not a problem, but the quality of the run certainly is.

3. Closing my terminal and moving it to Memphis. They will end up displacing roughly 350 families for a short-term gain the real estate market.

4. To be determined.

5. Have understood all long they were behind the eight ball in negotiating a contract with an unfair pension obligation to ABF. I spent a lot of time in these pages trying to discuss the pension issue prior to the contract negotiation. ABF hammered this issue down our throat and will most likely get a congressional reprieve before the next contract. A general lesson in life is if you don't solve your problems, others will with dramatic consequences.

Papa John, I believe it is safe to say this contract sucks. Should we have voted it down? Maybe, but the company was prepared for a lockout and it is really hard to say how that would have turned out.
The next contract we better stick together or were screwed/ we cant be screwed again.....

They were prepared for a lockout and we see how they would have dealt with it.. All Werner, CRST and others... We have dedicated runs from PT drivers.. Don't forget ARCBEST has a logistics business,, broker the runs..
1. No.

4. To be determined.

The next contract we better stick together or were screwed/ we cant be screwed again.....
I believe they got what they wanted this time.
As a earlier poster said - the volume of runs are still there. Your choice of long runs are gone. Out of Dayton terminal Werner & US Express is running in & out of that terminal more than Green ABF trucks.
I think the 6% is blown right out of the water at 064.

Yeah,......but Roy just said that only 3% of runs are PT,..........He didn't say he was including ALL runs,....city, UE,.....so he can probably run 25% PT out of a road operation,..........Plus, he said that pretty much all PT are..."empty" trailers,......And,....it's almost as expensive as running ABF employees,......if you minus our wages, fringe benefits,...and other sundry items. So,....This is all for our own good,....because the survival of the company is more important than the welfare of your family,.........or,...at least,...it is to all the management in Fort Smith.......

I believe they got what they wanted this time.
As a earlier poster said - the volume of runs are still there. Your choice of long runs are gone. Out of Dayton terminal Werner & US Express is running in & out of that terminal more than Green ABF trucks.
I think the 6% is blown right out of the water at 064.
werner just rolled in,first one I seen came from 042 to 184

werner just rolled in,first one I seen came from 042 to 184
I saw the first one Monday morning(050).
Broke down with a set of our pups a half mile form our terminal, inbound.
When I got in I told the supervisor about it and he said "that must be where my timekeepers are".

I saw the first one Monday morning(050).
Broke down with a set of our pups a half mile form our terminal, inbound.
When I got in I told the supervisor about it and he said "that must be where my timekeepers are".
Im sure a teamster had to finish the job....