ODFL | Right to work? Prevailing wage?

Don't worry, guys. Some people don't understand how the rest of the world can possibly function without protection from the union. They think the union is some kind of super hero meant to save them from the evil corporations who couldn't possibly care about their employees.

I've asked a few YRC Teamsters what they'd do if the "impossible" happens if they get their no vote and YRC locks the doors. After some back and forth, a lot of them admit they wouldn't necessarily be in any big hurry to get another Teamster job. The IBT under James Hoffa Jr. and his cronies aren't defending the people they represent at all on a national level, and while the Locals fight valiantly to cover grievances, it doesn't change the fact that the people at the top are in bed with the carriers to keep those dues coming in.

IF OD drivers wanted a union (which they do not) I wouldn't recommend talking to the IBT at all! The UAW has a much better track record when it comes to looking after their members.

The way OD has been beating their workforce (non line drivers) for extra numbers, wouldn't surprise me they have the same union issues FedEx and others been having lately.

I'm sure senior city guys like management sending them home early so jr can come in and still get hours every day. No wonder unions get in so easy and mess things up even more.

The way OD has been beating their workforce (non line drivers) for extra numbers, wouldn't surprise me they have the same union issues FedEx and others been having lately.

I'm sure senior city guys like management sending them home early so jr can come in and still get hours every day. No wonder unions get in so easy and mess things up even more.
If OD even thought there was a chance of a union forming in one of these barns they would just shut it down. They have way too much to lose to allow the union to come in, that's why they do all the training for the supervisors and managers on antiunion. For every talking point the union will give you the OD manager has a counter. The fear of unions is a great tool if you know how to use it properly

If OD even thought there was a chance of a union forming in one of these barns they would just shut it down. They have way too much to lose to allow the union to come in, that's why they do all the training for the supervisors and managers on antiunion. For every talking point the union will give you the OD manager has a counter. The fear of unions is a great tool if you know how to use it properly

That use to be true, but OD has grown too big to shut down these big barns that grumble the U word.

They can't shut down a terminal over union concerns, they would have to prove that they shut it down for another reason to the NLRB.

They can't shut down a terminal over union concerns, they would have to prove that they shut it down for another reason to the NLRB.
Terminals have been shuttered before over union concerns because they can always make up a financial problem. Whole companies have closed after citing financial issues.

FedEx closed the Vancouver terminal after the dock voted in the Teamsters, claiming that the brand new terminal wasn't meeting the budget targets they set for it.

Reimer closed the Edmonton terminal, which had been open for decades, because the office workers attempted to unionize. Reimer claimed that the terminal was in poor condition and they weren't able to renovate, as I recall.

And who could forget Red Star, which folded up and blew away just 4 days after a strike related to office workers wanting representation? How about Dugan, blown away by YRC just after the union finally got in? Both outfits were miraculously losing money and needed to be closed.