Holland | Roll Call USF

volleyball said:
hey grizz have you ever been to newbern tn ? meet a city man from ME one time to swap frt about 6 months ago.
No, thats not our del area. I peddle from Brownsville-Camden. (hwy 70) I sometimes venture up to Trenton. Yesterday in Brownsville we got 14 loads of LTL. Mostly Cub-lawntractors and water hoses from Haywood CO. GRIZZ

teamster 251 -- his name is not Chris but I know who you are talking about--- he retired and had diabedis real bad and finaly got s/s too---I'm not sure where he is now ---last I heard he was moving back to Albany area--- ahven't seen him since the company closed

Teamster251 said:
Former 15 yr RedStar city P&D
West Bridgewater Mass.... June 1989-1992
Seekonk Mass..... 1992-1995
Cumberland RI..... 1995-May 21, 2004
grandson of retired RED STAR EXPRESS LINES driver,first city-1965 To 66,then roaddriver from 66 to 76,then city driver again from 76 to 87.I'm an overnite employee & teamster supporter.,and proud to say it was RED STAR TEAMSTERS like my grandfather,who made R.S.E.L the succesful carrier in the northeast that they once were.sad day when RED STAR closed,like losing my grandfather all over again,had many,many friends there,always heard & though that they were a well run outfit,before t.n.t/usf got there hooks into them,always sharp ,well maintained equipment,terminals,which they all owned,paid for.who could forget those beautiful red fors & macks in the city fleet,sharp,clean ,and well taken care of,before 'creamsickle colors'came into being.RED STAR employes were always so proud of their company,and really enjoyed their joibs because terminals & equipment were very well taken care of.:cool: those were the days when the BISGROVE FAMILY still owned & ran em,and all the old timers always spoke very highly of the 'old man' JOHN BISGROVE SR.:tribehasspoken::sadwavey: :highfive:

Buttonman very well stated. We can all sympathize with the closure of a company that you give half your life to. You say you are with Overnite, my first 13 working years was with a carrier very simular to yours.(Thurston Motor Lines) Its amazing how fast a good company can go down when the origin owner sells or turns the bizz over to relatives. Good luck with your plight at UPSF. GRIZZ

Grizz said:
Buttonman very well stated. We can all sympathize with the closure of a company that you give half your life to. You say you are with Overnite, my first 13 working years was with a carrier very simular to yours.(Thurston Motor Lines) Its amazing how fast a good company can go down when the origin owner sells or turns the bizz over to relatives. Good luck with your plight at UPSF. GRIZZ
thanks grizz and everybody, at RED STAR most retirees and employees for generations,and their families were very tight knit,everyone knew/remembered everyone.:cool: :bgroovy: :smilie_132: :tribehasspoken:

Grizz said:
my grandfather drove out of the ROCHESTER,NY terminal,anyone on here from RED STAR'S ROCHESTER,NY terminal?out of curiosity?:smilie_132: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

not to get off subject,does anyone out there know if BRANCH MOTOR EXPRESS,M.F.X,LYONS TRANSPORTATION,EASTERN 'ON THE BALL'FREIGHTWAYS,PRESTON,WILSON FREIGHT CORP. EVER PULLED TURNPIKE DOUBLES[DOUBLE 45 FT.TRAILERS ]ON THE NEW YORK THRUWAY,MASS .TURNPIKES?

Hi!! Yes we are organized up here in Oregon-all the terminals West of the Cascades, and Klamath Falls on the east side ,are Union!!In addition, Seattle is also Union!!! We are trying to organize more terminals within the Reddaway system!!

Don Saxton said:
Hi!! Yes we are organized up here in Oregon-all the terminals West of the Cascades, and Klamath Falls on the east side ,are Union!!In addition, Seattle is also Union!!! We are trying to organize more terminals within the Reddaway system!!
GOOD LUCK,BROTHERS,UPSF TEAMSTERS ARE WITH YOU GUYS EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!:wavey: :cool: :smilie_132: :tribehasspoken:

I'm a dockworker at USF Seattle since 1999.
Prior to this, I worked for Yellow for twelve
and a half years.One happy Teamster!