FedEx Freight | "RUMOR" calif economy freight to go 2 day rail service to chicago

gr8times

TB Lurker
Credits
mira loma is canceling 10 runs towards chicago. that means 10 holbrook, 10 albaquerque,shamrock, etc, etc, etc. rail now has 2 day service. I hear that the only transfer location available for soon to be displaced mira loma drivers is something like seatle area or nothing. They posted a seniority list and the next day took it back down. Put on hold for some reason. This certainly sounds like part of the big news.

its already happening else where also. NHS Pa. has been sending 50 + PT's and Rail trialers out daily too the West coast

its already happening else where also. NHS Pa. has been sending 50 + PT's and Rail trialers out daily too the West coast

I think when they get done with this economy thing most of us will be running north and south or around the block. Maybe Fred just bought him a railroad ...thats it ... that must be the announcment.

Wait, I just heard from a great source in southwestern arizona, who's never been wrong, that FedEx is buying nuclear submarines to haul freight from Arizona to Chicago via the rio grande/missouri river/great lakes route. Seems there are tunnels dug by native americans big enough for "boomer" nuke subs!!! It must be true!

If the freight is late, it will be loaded on the top of a missile, and parachute to destination!!!

ST

I hope you'll don't mind but I thought I would add my two cents worth on this topic . Out off some intermodal hubs there is a special train called the " Z " train . The Z train stands for UPS-LTL Guaranteed Service Intermodal , per BNSF . These special trains have priority on all rails and have guarantee service times for departure and arrivals at other hubs . The trade off is higher rates charged by the rail road but 48 or less hours from Chicago to Socal . They also have routes from SoCal to the midwest , North West and allot back east . UP Rail Road also offers the same service .

I'd like to see the BNSF get a trailer from SoCal to Chicago in 2 days and make service. Hell, we'd have 2 days tied up in getting the freight to and from the customers on both ends.

Guardrail

I'd like to see the BNSF get a trailer from SoCal to Chicago in 2 days and make service. Hell, we'd have 2 days tied up in getting the freight to and from the customers on both ends.

Guardrail

Since economy is 5 day freight I guess you are only going to get 1 1/2 days on each end to do your thing. Time to pick up the pace ... again. move it ... move it ... move it

How many runs did Miro Loma have on that lane? Are 10 runs lost 50% of the total? If so, is it safe to assume that all economy lanes are to be halved, or will some be eliminated completely??

I haven't been a member long enough to post a link, so here is the text of an interesting article describing FedEx's use of the rail.

Intermodal is part of the plan for FedEx Freight
By Jeff Berman, Group News Editor
January 31, 2011

When FedEx announced it was redesigning its network structure for its less-than-truckload (LTL) network, FedEx Freight, last September, which officially went live today, there was one small detail regarding this news that flew somewhat under the radar.

Read the rest here.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like I40 and I80 will be the main arteries and we will be the little capilaries off those. Looks like we get the main vein again. LOL

This is exactly what happens from Chicago (Cicero) to California for UPS 2nd Day Air bills. My Dad used to run that Intermodal yard in Cicero before he retired and he said those were some of the hottest trains in the US, Chicago to CA in 37 hours.

roog

Well i hate to say it but I TOLD YOU SO, keep buying more houses and cars so, by the time you have to relocate/transfer/displace, you will have houses all over US but, some people will never learn. Fedex DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU OR ME, this is not watkins no more. So, are you ready for wednesday (tmrw), they are bringing BAD NEWS but, they better bring the correct co senority list 'cause they have to post it so we can ready it. The good part is that is going to be by co senority and not dep senority like some smart people think. So, do you like your bid so far, well is not going to last for too long i hate to say it. ARE YOU READY sweet dreams.

you are right on the money my friend, 'cause with all the revenue that fedex is getting is because they'd hired ship labor by hiring a lot of illegals to work making those tunnels you know,everybody is repleasable, so they can receive their green card.