Holland | Rumor or Fact, you be the judge.

I have been told by more than one ABF driver, that a rumer there is, that ABF is considering purchasing USF Holland. It is on the market. They told me that ABF is doing very well, and they are looking to purchase another company, and Holland is being considered.:clap:

This seems to be a very persistent rumor. I hear this one even more than the UPS buying us rumor that was the previous king of rumors.

I just don't know how true all of this is. Every ABF driver I talk to keeps telling me that they are looking for a regional carrier in the west. ABF does not want to run a company that they can not merger into their operation. I'am like everybody else, I would like to see Holland taken out from under YRC.

God knows I hope and pray this is the biggest rumor any of us have ever heard........

Was ask by two different people today if we had closed. One was in sales (union line) and said he had heard that YRC had decided to close us. The other was from a friend that is TM for a non-union line. Also heard YRC has told some of their customers not to ship with them for a couple of weeds to give them time to get current.

God knows I hope and pray this is the biggest rumor any of us have ever heard........

Was ask by two different people today if we had closed. One was in sales (union line) and said he had heard that YRC had decided to close us. The other was from a friend that is TM for a non-union line. Also heard YRC has told some of their customers not to ship with them for a couple of weeds to give them time to get current.

We don't control what rumors are started by anyone or what happens as far as they go. If it happens we'll all be somewhere doing something. I hear so many BS rumors about Holland and every other LTL company that its hard to believe anything, until it formally happens and its in black and white.

Now this is just what I heard - not sure if true but Wausau and Mansfield are also in the talks of closing. I was told possibly 5. Just heresay but it was from a manager.

I heard the other day that the new trucks in Ci that have not been put into service yet are being returned to volvo cause they are not paying for them ............. Just a rumor I heard not sure if it is a fact or not !!!

I heard the other day that the new trucks in Ci that have not been put into service yet are being returned to volvo cause they are not paying for them ............. Just a rumor I heard not sure if it is a fact or not !!!
That sound to me like JUST a rumor! So far we have not heard of any that did not end up at a YRC terminal. The BU example that was posted earlier has not been verified yet to my knowledge. That came from a NP employee.

got told by a terminal mgr fri, that all the new trucks were being sent to yrc. he would not discuss further as to why,did say that it had something to do with a lack of equipment at yrc.

got told by a terminal mgr fri, that all the new trucks were being sent to yrc. he would not discuss further as to why,did say that it had something to do with a lack of equipment at yrc.
With all of the lay offs that YRC has, I find it hard to believe that they have an equipment shortage.:shrug: