Yellow | Rumor or Fact? You be the judge.

I know you are three different people. In fact I was just informed by private message that Stroud is an OK dude, he just had to endure a hellhole. The fact that you and SSAW are friends explains a lot. I guess the rest of us will just have to ignore your private bantering back and forth. But when any of you hope that this whole thing comes crashing down just so you can feel some revenge, that pisses me off. There are thousands of good people involved including their families. I'll guarantee you the ones you hate the most, the top dogs in this company, will feel no pain, or very little, if this all collapses. So your wishing ill on them is futile.
SSAW was just stirring the ::shit::, sometimes he can be very irritating, he nor I wish YRC to go belly-up but we are both extremely disgruntled
30vj961.gif

This is a place for me to vent sometimes, most of the time I just try to be humorous when I post, of course I may be the only one laughing
2irvorq.gif

SSAW was just stirring the ::shit::, sometimes he can be very irritating, he nor I wish YRC to go belly-up but we are both extremely disgruntled
30vj961.gif

This is a place for me to vent sometimes, most of the time I just try to be humorous when I post, of course I may be the only one laughing
2irvorq.gif

I know this is an excellent place to vent, I do it often myself. But our forum is very well read by non-union members and they come away from here with a very nasty taste in their mouths about unions after reading all the lies and crying on here. I have made statements that were not beneficial to this cause myself, but I try to keep this fact in my mind when I vent. What has happened at YRC lately is not entirely the fault of the union, it was mostly the fault of the economy, and partly the fault of bad timing on management's part. Management couldn't foresee the economy taking such a nose-dive, but their timing and incredibly poor preparation for the merger is outrageous. The union is in a no-win position of having to play along and hope the whole damned thing doesn't take a fatal ::shit::. Anyway all of this adds fuel to the fire of non-union propaganda. Hopefully the non-union visitors will understand the truth, but our bad attitudes, deservedly so, don't help them see the light.

Post taken from the Yahoo Finance YRC Message Board

"i heard through some fairly knowledgeable sources that the Regionals will cease operation at the end of May RUMOR

do know for a fact that more than one competitor has held conf calls with their sales forces on just that topic in the last week - revalidating their lists of accounts in their territories that are heavy users of the YRC regional companies.

i'll stress again that this is rumor but where i'm hearing it from leads me to give it a bit more weight.

i'm trying to figure what would be the advantage of that to YRC.

everyone knows that YRC is famous for ruining regional companies. period.

if the strategy is to sacrifice holland / new penn etc... so that they can hold on to the Legacy Long Haul Yell / Road for a bit longer, then that simply doesn't make sense.

that is essentially a non growth market. Regional is where the money is at

to me, that's a rumor. i'll stick to my guns and still say 9/2/09 it's all over"

Yahoo! Message Boards - YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW) - Here's a rumor for you

I know this is an excellent place to vent, I do it often myself. But our forum is very well read by non-union members and they come away from here with a very nasty taste in their mouths about unions after reading all the lies and crying on here. I have made statements that were not beneficial to this cause myself, but I try to keep this fact in my mind when I vent. What has happened at YRC lately is not entirely the fault of the union, it was mostly the fault of the economy, and partly the fault of bad timing on management's part. Management couldn't foresee the economy taking such a nose-dive, but their timing and incredibly poor preparation for the merger is outrageous. The union is in a no-win position of having to play along and hope the whole damned thing doesn't take a fatal ::shit::. Anyway all of this adds fuel to the fire of non-union propaganda. Hopefully the non-union visitors will understand the truth, but our bad attitudes, deservedly so, don't help them see the light.

Hi Gentlemen,
Non U guy here... I don't see your problems at YRC as a U problem at all. Yellow panicked when they got word of Fed Ex and UPS buying up trucking companies. The whole industry sat up and said WTF? Yellow bought big, and had no idea what to do with it.
As far as I can see, you folks have done more than your part to help out during rough times.
What you guys need is to get the stockholders to start making some demands, and kick the ::shit:: out of who ever they need to. The stockholders are about your only hope, and I'm not sure they would want to touch it at this point.
The drivers I know from the YRC group in my area are a bunch of dedicated, hard working human beings. I only wish the best for all of you! Legshot :loser:

Hi Gentlemen,
Non U guy here... I don't see your problems at YRC as a U problem at all. Yellow panicked when they got word of Fed Ex and UPS buying up trucking companies. The whole industry sat up and said WTF? Yellow bought big, and had no idea what to do with it.
As far as I can see, you folks have done more than your part to help out during rough times.
What you guys need is to get the stockholders to start making some demands, and kick the ::shit:: out of who ever they need to. The stockholders are about your only hope, and I'm not sure they would want to touch it at this point.
The drivers I know from the YRC group in my area are a bunch of dedicated, hard working human beings. I only wish the best for all of you! Legshot :loser:

How refreshing that post was. It appears not every one is completely brainwashed. Thank you for your support.

Hi Gentlemen,
Thanks Legshot! You're an alright guys even if you dont know how to drop a trailer correctly.:biglaugh:

Hi Gentlemen,
excellent post Legshot, thanks for the support

Hi Gentlemen,

Thank you for the 'atta boy' Legshot. We sure appreciate it and don't get enough of it.

Rumor or Fact? You tell me:

Recent Estes memo on BB in Nashville:

Estes anticipates increased freight volumes in the near future. If you know someone who would like to work for Estes as a P&D driver, linehaul, dock, clerical, have them fill out an application. Drivers are being hired left and right at major terminals.

"Now Hiring Drivers" banners now up at many terminals.

Freight has picked up so much that they are begging for weekend drivers (P&D and linehaul) to move freight.

Management knows something is coming down or they would not be on such a hiring frenzy with the layoffs and cutbacks in the last 5 months and now this sudden turn-around and unusual increase in freight volume? Something strange here that's for sure.

I guess we'll find out next Friday, but why the sudden turn-around in freight at Estes and the non-stop hiring these past two weeks while other companies are taking pay cuts and laying off? Just looking for answers.

Estes anticipates increased freight volumes in the near future. If you know someone who would like to work for Estes as a P&D driver, linehaul, dock, clerical, have them fill out an application. Drivers are being hired left and right at major terminals.

Freight has picked up so much that they are begging for weekend drivers (P&D and linehaul) to move freight.

Management knows something is coming down or they would not be on such a hiring frenzy with the layoffs and cutbacks in the last 5 months and now this sudden turn-around and unusual increase in freight volume? Something strange here that's for sure.

I guess we'll find out next Friday, but why the sudden turn-around in freight at Estes and the non-stop hiring these past two weeks while other companies are taking pay cuts and laying off? Just looking for answers.
Next friday would be 05/29/09. The end of the second quarter would be 06/30/09.

Well said MUD, seems some people can not wait till the end comes, I believe it will be a long time, Not to say it cannot happen. Some of the other companies may well fail before we do. Have a great weekend. :clap:

Next friday would be 05/29/09. The end of the second quarter would be 06/30/09. So why don't you just eat ::shit:: and die.
Why is there soo much hate en going in when anthor carrier startes to hire. This would be a good thing for all those out work people who need a job. They still have to pay for there homes and kids education. Lets be happy for them.:shift:

Makes me think of how Yellow used to hire ten or twenty guys in the late spring, then string them along til mid summer before advising them they weren't gonna need them after all...

Evidently you have some idea what this means, so who don't you share it? I gather you think that Estes management has a view of the future that nobody else possesses. I guess with that sort of ability, everybody should run over there and get a job. They have a direct line straight to the HIGHEST POWER.