Saints paying a bounty

Just throwing this out for discussion guys..."Who do you think is more at fault...Coaches or Players"..... Bare in mind,we all know it happens on every team..But to this extent, I don't know...It seems to me Williams had a lot more to do with this, than folks are telling...Benson is trying to wash his hands of it,by saying he told Loomis to "take care of it"...I don't know if every football player or fan for that matter,thinks this is a big deal..Maybe it will rekindle the "old" game of football..Who knows...

Loon in my humble opinion it's the coaches fault . From what I heard last night on the radio the coach in question is going to throw himself on the mercy of the NFL this week . They also said on ESPN radio last night just the report from the Saints is either 5000 or 50,000 pages alone . And that there's even more trouble looming for the Saints in a missing Vicodin scandal involving the head coach .

I say it's the coaches fault also because they can put a stop to it. And not only did they not try to put a stop to it, but they actively participated in it.

Just throwing this out for discussion guys..."Who do you think is more at fault...Coaches or Players"..... Bare in mind,we all know it happens on every team..But to this extent, I don't know...It seems to me Williams had a lot more to do with this, than folks are telling...Benson is trying to wash his hands of it,by saying he told Loomis to "take care of it"...I don't know if every football player or fan for that matter,thinks this is a big deal..Maybe it will rekindle the "old" game of football..Who knows...

I think Loomis and Williams is toast(too bad for the Rams).Im not a Saints fan,but if I were,I think my ire would go to these two.The dummies were warned,and they basically snubbed the warning from the league.I think Loomis will be fired,Williams will be banned for a year,and Payton will be banned for 4 games.Draft picks will also be lost along with a monetary fine.Just my opinion but I think it will be stiff penalties for all involved,maybe on a few players too.

they were just doing what everyone else does,but they got caught...Loomis is going nowhere..He built this team..Willliams, well, I never thought he could get the most out of his players without paying them..Look at our defensive rating the past two years..We tax payers of Louisiana will pay the fine and move on to getting more good players(that work cheap)...LOL...

UPDATE Saints GM and coach admit blame

New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton and general manager Mickey Loomis have taken “full responsibility” for the bounty program run by former assistant coach Gregg Williams.

In a statement released Tuesday, Payton and Loomis admit violations of league rules “happened under our watch.” They also promised it would never happen again. Payton and Loomis say Saints owner Tom Benson “had nothing to do” with the bounty pool.The league’s investigation found that Benson told Loomis to stop the bounty program once the NFL alerted the owner about it, but Loomis did not act. The NFL also said Payton was aware of the program and did nothing to stop it............

Saints GM and coach admit blame - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

UPDATE Saints GM and coach admit blame

New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton and general manager Mickey Loomis have taken “full responsibility” for the bounty program run by former assistant coach Gregg Williams.

In a statement released Tuesday, Payton and Loomis admit violations of league rules “happened under our watch.” They also promised it would never happen again. Payton and Loomis say Saints owner Tom Benson “had nothing to do” with the bounty pool.The league’s investigation found that Benson told Loomis to stop the bounty program once the NFL alerted the owner about it, but Loomis did not act. The NFL also said Payton was aware of the program and did nothing to stop it............

Saints GM and coach admit blame - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

The fans will there on opening day,just like every other...."Godell is picking on the Saints because they wouldn't let him take proceeds from the "WHO DAT" Nation t-shirts and club sales"...(BTW..This was a big deal before the season started..Believe it or not)Coach Payton and Loomis are going nowhere...It would be like Godell wanting proceeds from the Raiders for their "Commitment To Excellence" logo...