TForce | Sat june 3 rollover

fedexfreight02

TB Lurker
Credits
I was behind one of your drivers on my way to Newburg last night when he rolled his kite on exit 5 in New York. Got out to check on him but he was on the phone. Just making sure he was ok.

you able to find out what terminal he was from?

We have linehaul runs to Newberg every night.

If you say he was on the phone that means he must have been ok,thank God for that.

A lot of factors come into play in a rollover.
First it could be either speed or the way the trailers were loaded.
To much weight on one side will do it.
Secondly wind will do it,or on lightier loads or empties.

I know very well,Ive come close to going over with light loads,or empty on my 48 foot route trailer.

When I feel my rig rocking,I take a look in the drivers side mirror to check and see my trailer duals lifting off the road.
So far so good in 43 years of driving.
I call out the name of Jesus at the top of my lungs,and he sends is angels down to give me a safe journey.

I tell you what, its a very helpless feeling when you think you may be going over.

I'm very glad to be an apostolic for I know who I can call and count on in my time of trouble.

fedexfreight02 said:
I was behind one of your drivers on my way to Newburg last night when he rolled his kite on exit 5 in New York. Got out to check on him but he was on the phone. Just making sure he was ok.
A car cut him off at the last moment on the beginning of the get off ramp. The driver hit his brakes and the kite locked up and started to go into a jackknife. The roads were wet. The kite hit the gaurd rail and turned over. Kite only. DID YOU WITNESS THIS?

fedexfreight02 said:
The car took off. If you saw this, help a driver out. As little as a written statement. It could save a drivers job. This is UPS now.

I saw the kite roll over but I wasn't close enough for anything else. I'm sorry. I rolled a trailer before and can only imagine how he feels today. Glad everything is ok.

fedexfreight02 said:
I saw the kite roll over but I wasn't close enough for anything else. I'm sorry. I rolled a trailer before and can only imagine how he feels today. Glad everything is ok.
Thanks, For the reply.

I second that...

thanks for filling us in.
When ever anything bad happens to any driver especialy one of our own,its a lot better feeling when more details are brought out than to let us hanging.

Thanks again Fedex for your thoughtfulness to let us all know what you knew.

We had a driver traveling around I285 last week when a lady tried to race up and drive under his front tire when her lane was ending. She was unsuccesful, spun down his side and pushed him over two lanes. Thank GOD there was no one on the other side of him. Couldve been real ugly. Why must these people try to dart in front instead of falling back?!?

krash said:
We had a driver traveling around I285 last week when a lady tried to race up and drive under his front tire when her lane was ending. She was unsuccesful, spun down his side and pushed him over two lanes. Thank GOD there was no one on the other side of him. Couldve been real ugly. Why must these people try to dart in front instead of falling back?!?

Didn't you get the notice in the mail? We are all now daily involved in the Coca-Cola 600 and do NOT need any training or rollcages. Just smash the gas and be in front!!!! Trucks are just there to enhance the driving experience.

greezy trucker said:
Didn't you get the notice in the mail? We are all now daily involved in the Coca-Cola 600 and do NOT need any training or rollcages. Just smash the gas and be in front!!!! Trucks are just there to enhance the driving experience.
The ones I love to hate are the ones that with no one behind you ,speed up to get to a exit ramp many times causing you to hit the brakes to let them in.

I have more fun with the cell phone folks.

They drive like their sitting on their couch at home,or at a desk in an office.

TOTALLY CLUELESS of anyone else on the road with them.

The fines for this in New York State are $150.00.

But I see the cops riding down the road chatting on their phones as well.

You don't have to be driving around them for very long to know their really into their own little world of chit chat.

I just back off,and give them all the room they want,than have fun watching them weaving,and almost going in ditches,also almost wacking whatever else gets in their way.

I guess the fines could be $300,or more and they'd still be chatting away in traffic.

fedexfreight02 said:
He was cut off by a four wheeler;Slammed on his brakes ,Rear trailer locked up slammed into guard rail then flipped...Driver is fine......:wavey: