ODFL | Seniority

Bob lowe

TB Lurker
Credits
At most terminals do the city operation go by seniority.. because here in Baltimore they constantly give start times and stuff to people who friends with the dispatch.. never heard of any other LTL company that does no seniority.. but ive heard thats only this terminal

At most terminals do the city operation go by seniority.. because here in Baltimore they constantly give start times and stuff to people who friends with the dispatch.. never heard of any other LTL company that does no seniority.. but ive heard thats only this terminal
Seniority doesn’t mean crap at atw

Linehaul is seniority tho!
BS
Damn straight, line haul is by seniority. Quit your whining, gird your loins and suck it up. Damn, I guess I have been hanging around at SEA to much, I’m sounding like Billy. A suggestion, buy a dozen donuts, better yet show some appreciation towards dispatch. It can be done without kissing up. Trust me it goes a long way. And besides, you chose to work here.

Boy ,does this sound familiar .

So they are dicking ya down in Curtis bay huh?! I was there yesterday picked up freight from you guys. Maybe next time you get ****ed around you tell em go out an touch that fancy 7,000 volt electric fence with their tongues

I just wanted to find out if other terminals operate same throughout company.. know you always gotta have internet punks that got balls when texting.. but wont say ::shit:: face to face

Been at 2 terminals, first one was totally by seniority, 2nd terminal was mostly by seniority. The problem is OD kinda lets each manager run things how they want, there seems to be some flexibility on the rules at times. However you should give HR a call and see if you have an issue, if so maybe you can approach your manager and it can get resolved.

Getting to the reality of it. I’ve worked City at 2 terminals. Neither one the City was done by seniority. The senior drivers had their routes while the lower driver’s were placed where needed. Sometimes driver’s are used on certain routes due to their ability to get the job done. Also, at my present terminal, years ago the question was presented to all of the City driver’s if they wanted to go on a bid or job selection program. We voted and said no. Another thing, if you are not getting desired hours, volunteer to run line on the weekend. We always have a need for extra driver’s. The point made above is true. The Terminal Manager makes the ultimate decision on how the city routes are ran. My advice, fly under the radar. Take whatever they give you, run it to the best of your ability. Done early, ask for more. Dispatch will take notice.

Also, each terminal that I have worked at has linehaul on a job selection program. I do get fired up because some City driver’s say the same thing. Line driver’s don’t do anything, but hold a steering wheel. I tell them go ahead and do my run then. It has a average of 40 drop and hooks every night. They usually stand there dumbfounded.

Also, each terminal that I have worked at has linehaul on a job selection program. I do get fired up because some City driver’s say the same thing. Line driver’s don’t do anything, but hold a steering wheel. I tell them go ahead and do my run then. It has a average of 40 drop and hooks every night. They usually stand there dumbfounded.

I was dumbfounded myself, to hear this, when you run a zero turn for Billy and herd goats on weekends for Ump
You gotta be one tuff dude!

One this post telling me is that you ain’t pulling your weight where you’re at. I can walk through the door at any yard in the system and practically have a route in 2 weeks. You just got to show them you can move the freight. You slouch and they send you home ASAP. Simple as that driver.

**** you talking about billylo?
You got drivers that put in work 5,6,7,8
Yrs asking to get a certain start time . Run whatever.. but a new guy walks in and gets whatever because he laugh , jokes, and drink beer with management on weekends..
so that’s pulling your weight
You dont have to be friends with dispatch
Fair is fair
Im just saying haven’t talk to many other LTL drivers who dont have some type of seniority rule in their handbook

:censored: you talking about billylo?
You got drivers that put in work 5,6,7,8
Yrs asking to get a certain start time . Run whatever.. but a new guy walks in and gets whatever because he laugh , jokes, and drink beer with management on weekends..
so that’s pulling your weight
You dont have to be friends with dispatch
Fair is fair
Im just saying haven’t talk to many other LTL drivers who dont have some type of seniority rule in their handbook

You beginning to see when a driver jokes about another driver under the dispatch desk that he really isn’t joking at this place.

That’s it? I remember my first part time job kid