TForce | September

Skeeter

TB Veteran
Credits
Seems there is going to be a major line haul realignment September 17th. All the terminals are rebidding then. Been hearing a big contract from UPS is up in September which Yellow and Conway will not be renewed. It instead will be going to UPSF.
Going to be interesting to see what new runs we get.

Skeeter did you here this from a reliable source? I have not heard of any major linehaul realignment. As far as that contract and freight we've been hearing that since UPS announced they were buying us.

Boats said:
Skeeter did you here this from a reliable source? I have not heard of any major linehaul realignment. As far as that contract and freight we've been hearing that since UPS announced they were buying us.

Yes, Fontana,Salt Lake, Dallas, a lot of terminals are bidding September.

This is all good, the more business the better for all of us. I do remember reading something about ups and fedex getting a contract with Usps. But I can't remember if it was for the package or Frt. division.

BusterNite said:
This is all good, the more business the better for all of us. I do remember reading something about ups and fedex getting a contract with Usps. But I can't remember if it was for the package or Frt. division.

UPS secured a contract with the USPS to move mail on planes and only planes.
It was a 100 milion dollar contract and presents 10% of what Fedex does for the Post office.
It will move overflow priority mail and express mail via thier Air fleet.

Teamster251 said:
It was a 100 milion dollar contract and presents 10% of what Fedex does for the Post office.

Yes but that is something different from what I am talking about that UPS has going with Yellow and Conway.

Teamster251 said:
10-4 thanks

webidiot said:
they can not even keep the drivers they have must less start a hiring frenzy to move all this freight....hey leo has is that new job working out?
Must be at another Terminal. Haven't seen anybody leaving our yard.
And I don't think Leo needs another job. Probably made millions on the buy out in the first place.

Skeeter said:
Seems there is going to be a major line haul realignment September 17th. All the terminals are rebidding then. Been hearing a big contract from UPS is up in September which Yellow and Conway will not be renewed. It instead will be going to UPSF.
Going to be interesting to see what new runs we get.
I am hearing the samething from Mike E eastern regional manager or whatever his title is....

Rebel said:
Must be at another Terminal. Haven't seen anybody leaving our yard.
And I don't think Leo needs another job. Probably made millions on the buy out in the first place.
Go to SLC, DVR or LAS and watch 'em go ....Company guys sitting at home....This is what gets me, we are not all expeirencing the bliss that you O guys back east are...If you are at a mixed terminal thing that make no sense are happening but hey if it is OK out of your windshield then everyone else needs to shut up, RIGHT!!!!!!?????? And give the spell check crap a rest, are we in school to corrected by you or.......If you can't read it move on and quit using others to make yourself feel better....

krash said:
What does UPS have going on with them?
Some big accounts of some kind....Haven't got a real clear answer on who or what yet...Very big one in SLC though...they want 120 drivers by January and are at about 70 or so right now...

Skeeter said:
Yes but that is something different from what I am talking about that UPS has going with Yellow and Conway.

I have heard the same as you skeet, as a matter of fact we are hiring on new people for the road in the north, to compensate for the extra freight.

Carquest is replacement car parts,I looked at their web sight.
We already are hauling some of their stuff.
I've delivered this stuff to house deliveries this summer.

So now UPS Freight is going to be swaped with all of these parts?

Gee wiz being a P&D driver I'll get to see a lot more of this stuff up close and personal.
What happened to the good old days when most deliveries were dropped off at loading docks?