Yellow | Should Roadway and Yellow get the Change

imported_TOBY135

TB Lurker
Credits
I would like to know now that many of us have had the chance to go over the changes of operations with Big R and Yellow what you all Think on weather they should get them or not. I was at my Local 776 on Friday for a meeting and both the agents and the Principal officer told us in attendance after going over the Change that if the companies got them as they are proposing them we will all be screwed and they were not talking about just us in Carlisle but all over. They made it very clear that our Local would be against the change. They told us that in the meetings with the company they told them that all freight would be considered utility and that they could run it as they wish with whomever they wish. They also told us that hopefully Tyson Johnson would restrict some of the things the company was trying to do as this was not what the IBT and Johnson had put out to the members in the flyer's about the contract when we voted. PLEASE GIVE SOME FEED BACK YES OR NO ON THE COO> I say NO as proposed. :toxic:

I cast my vote NO....they are going back on what a "utility" employee was supposed to be seems to me...I know our Local 391 here at 671 is not very happy about these changes....

I would like to know now that many of us have had the chance to go over the changes of operations with Big R and Yellow what you all Think on weather they should get them or not. I was at my Local 776 on Friday for a meeting and both the agents and the Principal officer told us in attendance after going over the Change that if the companies got them as they are proposing them we will all be screwed and they were not talking about just us in Carlisle but all over. They made it very clear that our Local would be against the change. They told us that in the meetings with the company they told them that all freight would be considered utility and that they could run it as they wish with whomever they wish. They also told us that hopefully Tyson Johnson would restrict some of the things the company was trying to do as this was not what the IBT and Johnson had put out to the members in the flyer's about the contract when we voted. PLEASE GIVE SOME FEED BACK YES OR NO ON THE COO> I say NO as proposed. :toxic:

Since when haven't goten't a change they wanted?As usual,it will be just as it is written.I won't even used the word"proposed"!

now is when all of the open wording in the new contract come back to haunt us... this contract gave the company to much leeway to just plain screw everyone. just hope the union can finally do something about these foolish and unnessasary COO's. displacing people and their families then a year or two later oops want to move again.

not for nothing but local 776 voted yes on the master and 2-1 yes on the supplement.
also 391 voted yes on both by a 3-1 margin and lastly 671 voted yes on both by a 5-1 margin.
so honestly what do you all expect,this was a garbage contract from the start.should of voted no.

now the games begin

not for nothing but local 776 voted yes on the master and 2-1 yes on the supplement.
also 391 voted yes on both by a 3-1 margin and lastly 671 voted yes on both by a 5-1 margin.
so honestly what do you all expect,this was a garbage contract from the start.should of voted no.

now the games begin

Hey Bro the problem is that in most cases the members were mislead as to what the language meant when the IBT put the Fliers out about the contract.I'm not making excuses but the fact is that they did mislead through those fliers. I can tell you that in our meetings about the contract the local told us to vote NO on the master. Our supplement was good.

I can tell you that in our meetings about the contract the local told us to vote NO on the master. Our supplement was good.

I can tell you that local 891 told their guys that if they voted No on the contract the company would shut their doors in 3 years. So it wasn't just fliers that forged a Yes vote ahead it was also strong arm tactics.

I can tell you that local 891 told their guys that if they voted No on the contract the company would shut their doors in 3 years. So it wasn't just fliers that forged a Yes vote ahead it was also strong arm tactics.
Thats basically what our local told us also. This economy played right into their hands also.With so many laid off hoping any change might bring a recall.

These changes will probably get put through. The state of the economy and the weak position of our union will be the guiding forces in this change. If YRC said without the contract or changes they would close the doors, is an argument that will always be held over our heads from this point forward. it is all fear and scare tactics. At least I know personally, that regardless of what happens, my conscience is clear.....I Voted NO!!

Cry "misinformed" or "misled" all you want, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was gonna happen with this contract.
Also the moment you bargain in fear, or vote in fear you already lost the battle.
Like I said before Local 200 had the balls to say NO

YOU MUST BE KIDDING ARE THEY GONNA GET THIS CHANGE:hysterical: DOES A BEAR ::shit:: IN THE WOODS. DO YOU THINK THAT THE IBT WILL NOT LET YRC DO WHAT THEY WANT AFTER THE CONTRACT WE GOT SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS. YRC IS THE IBT NOW AND ITS ONLY GONNA GET WORSE UNTIL THE IBT GROWS BACK THE BALLS WE ONCE HAD, JIMMY HOFFA SR. IS ROLLING IN WHATEVER GRAVE HE IS IN IT'S A SHAME HIS SON DONT HAVE THE BALLS:hide: HIS FATHER HAD I'M GLAD I AM AT THE END OF MY TIME I FEEL BAD FOR ALL THE NEW MEN AND WOMEN WHAT A SHAME

YOU MUST BE KIDDING ARE THEY GONNA GET THIS CHANGE:hysterical: DOES A BEAR ::shit:: IN THE WOODS. DO YOU THINK THAT THE IBT WILL NOT LET YRC DO WHAT THEY WANT AFTER THE CONTRACT WE GOT SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS. YRC IS THE IBT NOW AND ITS ONLY GONNA GET WORSE UNTIL THE IBT GROWS BACK THE BALLS WE ONCE HAD, JIMMY HOFFA SR. IS ROLLING IN WHATEVER GRAVE HE IS IN IT'S A SHAME HIS SON DONT HAVE THE BALLS:hide: HIS FATHER HAD I'M GLAD I AM AT THE END OF MY TIME I FEEL BAD FOR ALL THE NEW MEN AND WOMEN WHAT A SHAME

Your right, Jimmy is rolling over in his grave.But I don't think that YRC is the IBT its UPS.Thats all the IBT cares about is UPS not the freight haulers,look every time you get the teamster mag every month UPS is always up front or on the cover.It seems to me that all the IBT cares about is UPS. Us freight haulers were all f**ked:chairshot:

Are these the same leaders of our locals that recommend we vote yes on the contract because it's so great?Come on people it's a done deal.Let them finish with their little dog and pony show and then lets move on.

2 rules i put for myself when this company and country is in trouble
1. expect dynamic changes...don't lose money everytime you transfer, make sure the money you make puts good use to you, don't get in some mortgage cause this company will transfer you or lay you off, rent is high, deal with it unless you like to live at a campground or an rv at a truck stop or whatever
2. expect us to get less and less, we all know the middle class is getting screwed more and more so expect pension freezes, wage cuts, pay into health care (or even have health care at all), not have this job but end up doing the same work for less pay, benefits, security (well this transfer thing isn't much job security) etc etc, this countrys in murphys law now, cause everything that can go wrong is going wrong so the mass media says

Well in my local UPS freight numbers around 700.All the NMF people only number 400 so they don't need us.
And you the members are at fault for the contract I READ the paperwork on it and voted no.Most members never read what they were voting for ,just did what the IBt said.YOU voted for JR.and Tyson now you get what you voted for .Hugh pay cuts!Jobs loses,transfers.Just think by the end of the year there won't be line haul All road drivers will be utilities and get payed by the hr.Maybe they the super truckers will slow down.Why should the company pay a driver mileage on a 12 hr run when the super trucker does it in 9hrs. cheaper to pay 9hrs.you rocket butts

raccoon

So what exactly is a utility driver?
My Dad works at Roadway in Memphis and they keep talking about utility drivers but has not got an answer as to what they are.

Super Trucking

You can throw off on people needing to work all you want. You must have alot of seniority because some of us only get to work 8 to 9 months a year. So we have to make hay while the sun shines. Besides its not us super truckers that are screwing our brothers its you A-holes that never take a day off when your brother is laid off.