Yellow | Should Roadway and Yellow get the Change

Hey Brother I'm not saying that everything in the coo's is bad actually I think in general the Idea is good but my concern is that it is way to loose and no one will be able to police the company. For example as proposed utility drivers will run on schedules and start times when a road driver from Carlisle is in bed at Trenton and is rested the utility can come out first which is in violation of foreign power courtesy. Another example is currently say we have 3 road drivers that run to Youngstown every night after the change they will have 1 utility in Youngstown so now we only run 2 but on any given night the company can put more freight on the utility and cancel 1 of the road men. Also on the dock the company proposes to have utility drivers only work utility freight but in the same breath they say that all the freight is utility which would not give the dock workers any protection. My thing is that if modified this coo could be ok but as is no one will be able to police.

Animo 916 I understand that roadman will get first bid on UE but once the bid is up after the COO than anybody on the city board can bid on the UE so a roadman may only have that bid for 3 months and then senior city men can bump him when it its time to rebid and I dont think some roadman are awhare of that just some FYI

Yes sir.

Figures this comment comes from someone in a right to work state. Well just remember something young man, all us "seniority" A-holes were in the same boat as you when we started. And the fact is, we also have a right to work. If you think being a "super trucker" is gonna get you anywhere, I advise you readjust your thinking cap. Just look at the scenario, you churn and burn for 8, 9 months and sit for 3 or 4. Yet the seniority A-hole is sure and steady and works 12 months out of the year. So who is the A-hole? One day, a senior man may have the same discussion with you , that I had over 20 years ago, (the time I started, and thought that by doing more, I would impress the bosses).

The bottom line is this.....the more you do, the more they (management) will expect you to do, and if by some chance you have a bad day, they will think you are screwing them. Then they will watch you and look for ways to fire you. Also, if you manage to accomplish 5 days worth of work in 3 days, you will only get 3 days of work. Not meaning to dampen your situation, but how do you think a guy with 15 years in feels when those 15 years don't give him enough seniority to be working everyday either? It's time to stop being a Meester and try being a Teamster. Put in your time, pay your dues (and I don't mean union dues), get with the program or find another line of work. 20 years from now, you will be on the other side of the coin, looking to make up for the time you lost when you were first cutting your teeth at the bottom of a seniority board.

Seniority has some rights that go with the time put in.
Those rights are hard earned.....they aren't just given out on a silver platter.

Dont give me that crap. Not everyone gets the same ride in life or at this company. There are some people that have started here and have never been laid off and some get laid off forever. So let me know when I have enough senoirity to ***** like the rest of you. Meanwhile I'll drive my truck and you drive yours. Also I'm not here to impress management or you, its for the money. So if I can run 5 trips while the sun is shining and put enough back for the winter, I'm looking out for my family (wife & 3 children). GET IT :smilie_132:

Dont give me that crap. Not everyone gets the same ride in life or at this company. There are some people that have started here and have never been laid off and some get laid off forever. So let me know when I have enough senoirity to ***** like the rest of you. Meanwhile I'll drive my truck and you drive yours. Also I'm not here to impress management or you, its for the money. So if I can run 5 trips while the sun is shining and put enough back for the winter, I'm looking out for my family (wife & 3 children). GET IT :smilie_132:

Get it? I got it a long time ago. been on the bottom twice in my career. Went from being #14 on a 65 man list to being # 79 on a 79 man list. I even ended up behind guys from my first job that were behind me to start with. So yes, I got it, more than you might ever realize. I'm not saying not to take care of yourself and your family, I'm saying that you shouldn't be doing things at the expense of your coworkers. Working faster or making someone look bad, doesn't make you look better in anyone's eyes.:smilie_132:

Get it? I got it a long time ago. been on the bottom twice in my career. Went from being #14 on a 65 man list to being # 79 on a 79 man list. I even ended up behind guys from my first job that were behind me to start with. So yes, I got it, more than you might ever realize. I'm not saying not to take care of yourself and your family, I'm saying that you shouldn't be doing things at the expense of your coworkers. Working faster or making someone look bad, doesn't make you look better in anyone's eyes.:smilie_132:

HEY ANIMO dont waste your time this guy this is what you call a fake teamster:chairshot: he could care less for his brother or sister teamsters just let him run his *** off and the first time he screws up they will can his *** and then he will look for teamster help what a joke of a teamster this guy is this is why the teamsters are in the sad shape we are in :hide:

HMMMMM NOOOOOOOOOOOO they should vote down this coo on gounds thats its going against the master freight agreement,following the freight is the name of that game now roadways it trying to get out of that deal , by taking the work to end of line terminals with no dock workers , they are planning on working that overflow freight with 4 hour casuals and getting rid of long term vested teamsters getting riD of 1000s of good brother and sisters this is not a change of ops ITS THE END OF TEAMSTER FREIGHT BROTHER PUSH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

the union do something,they wouldn't have brought the contract to the members if they were gonna do something that was the time now it's too late they got what they wanted and most of the guys voted for it.by the way who does the counting and who oversees the process it's been voted in.

After sitting through my meeting yesterday, I have come to learn that it is sink or swim time. These changes need to work in order for us to gain back what we have lost ....in terms of business. If this doesn't work, we all LOSE!!!!![/QUOTE] It's time we YRCW Teamsters realise that were becoming the dinosaurs of the LTL industry. Either we change and allow YRCW to be able to compete against all our non-union competition, who now greatly out number us, or we become a thing of the past.

did they beat you with a rubber hose in that meeting ? we were the best at what we do until we started with all these changes . this is just greed and a move to break the union yellow keeps ****** r/w and we still show a bigger profit and better all around #s

After sitting in on our meeting yesterday, this is what I learned. If the plan goes thru as proposed we will lose customers here in the Northeast. As of now, we receive our I/B loads from 231 and 120 between 1:00 and 4:00 am. Loads are stripped and drivers hit the street at 8. After this change goes into effect we will not be getting our I/B until after 8:00 as we are on the edge of the 250 mile circle for the utility driver. At least a 4 hour drive both ways plus lunch break, and unloading and loading in Maybrook. Our first driver won`t be leaving here until 9pm. Have you ever had to drive thru CT. during the morning commute? I see freight not being delivered and missed pick-ups.:smilie_132:

Truce?

Animo916, Hey man I just started using this message board thing and I guess I kinda got started off on the wrong foot. When that one guy was saying something about running hard or hot I took it too personal. I understand that on a wheel board this would not be good and I would stay within my run time, but we are on a hog board so I cant really get ahead of anyone, as long as the sr. driver makes his run time I can not go in front of him so I dont feel I'm hurting anyone but me. I do want to be a TEAMster player and work by the rules. I'm not trying to screw anyone, just trying to provide for my family. All this coo crap has me worried so sorry for the whining. So dont give up on me like the NY guy said. Signed your brother in the south.:1036316054:

the company wants us to lose more than ever, only losers in this company are the ones that come up with these ideas to bring us down