Shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can't just not pay you for a holiday that is recorded in the handbook as a paid holiday. You can't not pay salary people. Wow....really? Not so sure I believe that one. Salary doesn't mean work for free. That doesn't even sound like a Spencer move to me. He knows better than that. Considering his wife started a new job Monday and a person from the accounting office left because "they couldn't pay her", I'm not so sure I believe the "you'll be paid tomorrow" thing either. If the bank cut him off, the bank cut him off, end of story. I'm not trying to stir the pot, I just know the days of LAX coming before my family's well being is WAY OVER. We have sacrificed more than our share and it IS over.

6UMnIE4.jpg

They can't just not pay you for a holiday that is recorded in the handbook as a paid holiday. You can't not pay salary people. Wow....really? Not so sure I believe that one. Salary doesn't mean work for free. That doesn't even sound like a Spencer move to me. He knows better than that. Considering his wife started a new job Monday and a person from the accounting office left because "they couldn't pay her", I'm not so sure I believe the "you'll be paid tomorrow" thing either. If the bank cut him off, the bank cut him off, end of story. I'm not trying to stir the pot, I just know the days of LAX coming before my family's well being is WAY OVER. We have sacrificed more than our share and it IS over.
See my posts

And it's in print....(which, I had no doubt) that's a BAD thing. By VT law you can't even take certain deductions out of pay checks even if the employee signs off on it, much less not pay salary people at all. Unbelievable.

Hate to say it but this is Landairs fault. Equpment aside, all equipment get beat up doing what we do
Other trucking companies have the same issues, DOT just hasn't gone after them yet. this is due to all the accidents this
company has had over the past 2 years. every time I've gone into a dot inspection, I always passed, its not all the equipment.
Its the PAY SCALE, firm believer, you get what you pay for. we are the lowest paid drivers, and we take drivers right out of school with
no p&d experience at all. That's been this companies problem all along. Drivers that come fresh out of school, that can barely drive
getting into our equipment destroying it cause they cant drive, then throwing them into situations in a tractor trailer trying to do p&d in
cities and there hitting everything in site. Up the pay scale get some new drivers that have experience to drive and things would turn around.
Unfortunatly, I think its too late!

get ahold of your DOL or NLRB office, and tell them about the vacation and holiday pay situation. its your money, you want it now!

Word from a friend is Pitt Ohio is dropping trailers at teals now.

a friend and I were wondering where the POE driver went that got turned around at the gate, we both figured there was another company in town that could take over the freight! i'm surprised its not you guys, but you already interline with other carriers. anything going on this morning across the st?

Sorry you feel that way. I was just sharing what was sent to me. Nobody has to "believe" it but there was about 20 others included on that email so I know I'm not the ONLY one who knows about this email.
You don't need to justify yourself to anyone. I'm sure besides myself, there are other people on here that appreciate the updates. Lord knows LAX hasn't been very forthcoming with their information.

Status
Not open for further replies.