Shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not bitter. I just think that as I sit NOT knowing how to feed my kids and NOT knowing when I will be back to work and NOT knowing if I'm getting paid for the time I couldn't work and lastly management NOT telling me a f**king thing is NOT the definanition of a good company. It is crazy the crap I see working there. The company knew it was going to be in trouble and didn't do a thing to prevent this shut down. A good company that makes $83 million in revenue last year should make sure its employees are paid. How many of you can lose over a weeks pay and not know when your next paycheck is coming or if you even will have a place to work day after day. We got no notice. Just a " hey do t come to work today" they can take up to 30 days to reinstate Land Air. My savings won't be able to take that hit. But hey, Spenser is fine. Maybe all of you who don't understand why employees are bitter should get together and pay my mortgage this month.
Oh yea, and you would be surprised who I am still friends with and who I talk to. Attack me again with your lies and I will post everything for the world to see !
Bud nobody is arguing that fact. You see employees here that are also not getting paid. I understand your frustration but bashing the company now is not the solution. We all attempted to help in anyway possible because this is our bread and butter. Your right there hasn't been much information if any. But the goal is to get back rolling and make some money. If your still very upset even after the company gets back, make your money and move on to "better" companies. That is it.
If u read my posts you would notice I never said a bad thing about the company. I started this post to see if anyone knew what was going on. I do however u detest and why people are upset. I am now networking though because I don't think they are going to take this shutdown well. I can't afford another pay cut.

I carry insurance for my family, fortunately we're healthy. Its not that bad. Preventative care is fully covered. The rest is 80% 20%. No co-pay

Buffalobill, you've been singing the same Land Air blues since 2012. Don't you have anything better to do then Bash land air.. Get over it and move on with your life.

Our Safety team has cracked down on time clocks and log books, I even have to log if I'm helping on the dock. But you wouldn't know, because you don't work there anymore.

uh, what are you talking about, its a 10,500 dollar annual deductible! wtf its not that bad!

and get it right, ive been bashing land air express since 2011, you are 365 days off.....

if the safety team was doing ANYTHING, they wouldn't be getting shut down as an unfit carrier, right? if there was anything being done in a positive light, then the FMCSA will work work with you, give you an unsatisfactory rating, and look at you in 2 months. IF the company keeps showing improvement, they can work out of it. LAXNE has shown how much it cares, probably for the LAST time, and this is going to put a lot of people out of jobs.

You have no idea of the Regs. do you? An pout of business carrier can still have freight delivered. In this case the specific DOT Number is Out of Service. Anyone can deliver in their car if they wish, it is an insurance risk no more as they are not an interstate carrier.
You seem to find joy in this misery, I find that odd??? few on this board feel the way you do.
Perhaps if your job fails you may understand the frustration of these employees.
For your sake I hope you do not experience that.
Are you as joyful when union carriers fail????
get hold of the DOT regulations and read........

uh, you understand that WHEN you are a LAXNE employee, delivering LAXNE freight, on the CLOCK for LAXNE, that it doesn't matter if the sticker isn't on your door.

you ARE right, abf, new penn, yrc, or ups freight can back up to their dock and deliver the freight when they finally make it official.....

I was going rto say something but I find it funny how Land Air puts management to put comments what a great company they are and they don't do anything wrong. Maybe they have changed there practices, I hope so.

they have always done this. but they don't get it, if bill spencer saves up ENOUGH money, why would he care if the company gets shut down? maybe the company would have posted lower revenue if it didn't cut corners so bad, yet would be poised to weather a DOT audit? just sayin...

There are terminals all over, I can't speak for all, but mine's good to work at. I have a boss that cares and good supervisors.

Hope to get my safety bonus soon. I know its coming either way. It always does.

whether you agree with me or not, don't you think it would be prudent to get your vacation dough NOW, if they have already welched on your safety bonus?

I carry insurance for my family, fortunately we're healthy. Its not that bad. Preventative care is fully covered. The rest is 80% 20%. No co-pay

Buffalobill, you've been singing the same Land Air blues since 2012. Don't you have anything better to do then Bash land air.. Get over it and move on with your life.

Our Safety team has cracked down on time clocks and log books, I even have to log if I'm helping on the dock. But you wouldn't know, because you don't work there anymore.
you better log dock work on line 4, it's the law. when did you START logging line 4 when "helping" on the dock?

Vt. freight company ordered to park trucks
WCAX News|8 hours ago
A Vermont freight company has been ordered to park its trucks over federal violations.

Land Air Express of New England is based in Williston and has hundreds of trucks that deliver freight across the Northeast.

But since December 29, Land Air's fleet has been parked under an out of service order from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Federal investigators say the suspension relates to uncorrected violations found during vehicle inspections over the past two years. Land Air is currently listed as "unsatisfactory" and "unfit."

Land Air officials declined to comment.

US regulators shut down Northeast LTL trucking firm
William B. Cassidy, Senior Editor | Jan 04, 2016 11:38AM EST

The U.S. government closed one of the largest trucking companies in New England over the New Year’s holiday, but has not released details on why the carrier was shut down.

Federal regulators ordered Land Air Express of New England to stop service Dec. 29, and the regional less-than-truckload carrier remained closed Jan. 4. The company's president said he is waiting for a green light from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to reopen.

Land Air Express may be the largest trucking company to be placed out of service by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. The carrier had $83 million in revenue in 2014, according to SJ Consulting Group, and ranked 44th on the list of the 50 largest North American LTL carriers published by JOC.com and the transportation research firm. The carrier operates more than 300 trucks and has more than 700 employees.

Carriers placed out of service for failing to comply with driver or equipment safety regulations historically have been much smaller firms, such as Garfield Trucking, a three-truck operator in Ohio ordered out of service in November for multiple safety violations.

Spencer said his company is working closely with customers and its carrier partners to weather the shutdown, which resulted from an FMCSA audit conducted earlier last year. He said the carrier, working with a third-party, had addressed the concerns raised in the audit.

Spencer declined to discuss details of the audit. "We're waiting to hear from (the FMCSA)," he said. JOC.com has requested more information on the investigation and a copy of the out-of-service order from the FMCSA.

The shutdown is likely to have ramifications beyond the Northeast. Land Air Express is part of the Reliance Network of LTL carriers, which includes Pitt Ohio, Averitt Express, and several other regional LTL carriers throughout North America.

Contact William B. Cassidy at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter: @wbcassidy_joc
http://www.joc.com/trucking-logisti...own-northeast-ltl-trucking-firm_20160104.html
home
http://www.thereliancenetwork.com/
About
The Reliance Network creates an intercontinental coalition for all trucking and freight services to the USA and Canada.

img3.png
img7.png
Shipping-USA-Canada-Land-Air-Express.png

img2.png
img5.png
img6.png

I would like to know what the company is saying about vacation pay for the last week, along with the safety bonus? if they took in 83 million dollars last year, they couldn't scrape off a LITTLE for the safety bonus that they promised to pay you?

they owe all you guys vacation pay for the year, take it now! if this is Spencers convenient way out of the business, and he shuts down, you guys wont see a penny!

I would like to know what the company is saying about vacation pay for the last week, along with the safety bonus? if they took in 83 million dollars last year, they couldn't scrape off a LITTLE for the safety bonus that they promised to pay you?

they owe all you guys vacation pay for the year, take it now! if this is Spencers convenient way out of the business, and he shuts down, you guys wont see a penny!
I was told i couldnt put in for vacation by albany tm

Status
Not open for further replies.