"Significant number" of straight trucks coming to FXFE

Discussion in 'Fedex Freight' started by SwampRatt, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

Only if you google map it first. :victorious:

2. Purple Hammer

Purple Hammer On Time Delivery

I never said "most." I said many. And only the ones that have been looked at on the satellite view verifying wide enough streets and a place to turn around. Also you can zoom in to see if there are overhead lines by the presence of power poles. I have had plenty of residentials pulled to go on a pup. Until we get the straight trucks we need to use all of the tools at our disposal.

3. Purple Hammer

Purple Hammer On Time Delivery

This from man with no honor. Remember the bet?

4. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

Why are you complaining about your job on here? Can't you just walk right into the terminal managers office now and rectify all of your problems? Maybe you should mention all of this to your (snicker snicker) City driver committee.
    :2437:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  5. Crazy Trucker

Crazy Trucker The lead Clown's kryptonite!!!!!!

Yeah nice back pedal you went on for pages in this very thread arguing with me how it was fine to put residentials on a 48. I wish Google maps was as good as you think it is. Funny how all of sudden you changed your tune.

6. malibuman73

malibuman73 New Member

Like it or not the straight trucks are coming, we have two at my center and they go out everyday. If they keep just one driver from getting a preventable its worth it.

SwampRatt likes this.
  7. SwampRatt

SwampRatt Well-Known Member

I've warmed up quite a bit to the idea of the straight trucks. Market forces driving the effort, & the fact that most of us don't want to make these kinds of deliveries. Add to that the fact that the diver shortage does include class B drivers. Meaning it is unlikely to reduce the market for class A drivers, to any measurable degree.

8. SwampRatt

Supposed to have a preshift today to share new info on straight truck use at our center, along with presentation of the newly arrived truck. Singular, as in one, to go along with the current one, of the battleship variety. Will share what we learn at the meeting...

Meanwhile, I was expecting one of the new Pete cabovers, But NO... Guess we'll get by with this rental.:idunno:
    [​IMG]

Oh Boy!

9. Crazy Trucker

We got a new one the other day. It's a peterbuilt not a cab over though. It appears to be about 24 ft.

10. FedexLube

FedexLube Well-Known Member

I’m sorry, but those are really gay looking

Crazy Trucker and Big Dave like this.
  11. dsh69

dsh69 Active Member

Had a few "runs" in one. I love it. Last run I had two DRs that said "T/T OK". Ya, :horseshit:. Couldn't get a Radio Flyer into either location but the Penske did just fine. Customers are happy not seeing a 48ft van coming down their street and pissing off the neighbors and drivers are happy to get the residential off their deliveries.

Redracer3136 and citydog like this.
  12. Clandestine_ice

Clandestine_ice Kansas_City_Kitty

ohhh but they want that cheap ass TV set that they bought online don't they! :eck13:

13. Canadian Flyer

Canadian Flyer They Call Me CF, Eh

Not everything can be crates full of bolts for Home Depot and boxes of balloons for the dollar store. Cindy Lou needs her exercise bike to hang clothes on.

14. SwampRatt

Yes, we had the preshift on the new "residential" straight truck route. Singular, for now. Rental unit, until Peterbilt catches up with demand.

Fun facts: (as we were told)

Strictly residential deliveries & pickups.

Will be bid route(s)

Projected hours: 11-7:30

Not currently offering "white glove" type service here, at this time. But soon, yes, and will often be a 2 man job. Room of choice, 1 floor up or down.

Class B Drivers? Yes, at some point in the future. Yes, a lower pay grade, to be determined.

Stepping stone potential for Driver apprentices. Class B, 2 years, then move up to A.

Specialized Equipment: Fold down aluminum hand truck, narrow spec pallet jack, and tool kit, all assigned to the unit.

Rental unit has no ELD. Paper logs unless Corp. can be persuaded to exempt.

Last fun facts: We have volunteers for this route. Seniority will prevail. Also, seniority will NOT allow for Class A drivers to bump future class B drivers.

joes bar and grill and citydog like this.
  15. Cab Lizzard

Cab Lizzard Well-Known Member

I can finally get that 1000 lbs gun safe down the basement .

SwampRatt likes this.
  16. Crazy Trucker

Lmao I remember a certain driver on here swearing up and down that the people driving these straight truckes would make the same as all other city drivers. :scratchhead::hilarious:

17. Crazy Trucker

This ^ is the truck we just got a few days ago.

18. Canadian Flyer

Canadian Flyer They Call Me CF, Eh

I'd be curious to know who with a Class B would want to hustle residential deliveries at a lower payscale than Class A doing exactly the same job? Especially since you will probably still need all the endorsements expected of the Class A drivers.

I'm sure they will attempt it, but it won't work.

19. Crazy Trucker

Our center manager told us the same thing as Swamps it will be a bid to run straight truck. The only problem is who is going to take that pay cut, is the bottom city guy forced to take it?? Who knows at this point.

20. Crazy Trucker

Pitt Ohio does exactly what your talking about, their straight truck guys make less doing the exact same job.