ODFL | Skywalker's garage

there is no way to know,from what i have heard ,they have had problems with the CAT engines and freightliner does not or will not put in cummins engines,and the Merc engines are to expensive. don't believe what i have written ,it is just 2nd hand news that may not even be true.

Very true.Most of the time the info we get is conjecture,experienced guess work,or b.s.Very seldom do we get anything straight from the horse's mouth,usually we have to deal with what comes out the other end of the horse.....I guess that's about standardized in the trucking business..you're the last to know,first to blame,and it's all your responsibility.

Sweet rides, the Volvo's are really nice, is OD buying these from now on or are these just an experiment? Enjoy them.

shop says they are an experiment since freightliner will start installing cummins engines in 2009 we have some freightliners with detroits coming also

where have the new volvos shown up at.ATL driver in town last night says he has not found any yet in ATL but that does not seem likely if they have had some delivered elsewhere.

i think the breakdowns that you are refering to were the new sleeper freightliners with the CAT engines and the new emissions mess that is on them.

dmtorl that's what I thought to and when I suggested it my buddy said he heard it at the GBO terminal... but we all know how things get started and run thru the rumor mill down there... I figured if anything like that had happened Skywalker would have mentioned it already but I thought I would ask anyway

Does anyone know if the Volvo's have a radio in them? I personally like Volvos. I used to drive them with sleeper berths. It would be fine with me if we go all the way with them.

saw some of yall's new daycabs here in dublin this morning,they sure are pretty,just hope you can get use to those damn white bumpers.....

saw some of yall's new daycabs here in dublin this morning,they sure are pretty,just hope you can get use to those damn white bumpers.....

If they cut the speed down on them too I guess those bumpers will stay clean and white.

I guess the white bumper lets you know it's a Volvo coming down the road and not a Freightliner.

GBO picked up 2 Freightliners 2009 twin screws for local.I heard they've got Detroits in them.A lot of shiny stuff showing up.If you get a picture post it.

Fella that told me about the screws said there was another change to the exhaust.I never could exactly understand what he was saying about how they changed it or what was added so if you know anything enlighten all of us.

was told there was 4 new trucks in gbo all twin screws with detroits, all of gbo's was pulled out and sent to the ports.they are day cabs with the mufler behind the cab stright up.