XPO | slipseat box

paul wall

TB Lurker
Credits
built my second box today, took a while, so i figured id share the process with everyone.

start cutting
box1mz2.jpg

dont forget the glue
box2tn3.jpg

rough fitment
box3ce9.jpg

carpeting is a PITA!
box4ig9.jpg

definetly heavier than my last one!!!
but since you asked i weighed it on my scale just for kicks....25lbs.
the speakers themselves are no lightweights. huge magnets on em. about 2-3" long and almost as wide as the speaker itself. they gotta weigh 10-12lbs for the pair. great sound quality and good bass! i figured this one would be lighter than my last one considering i had 4, 6" speakers in my last box. i did use thicker wood this time though.

Looks very nice!! Whats the weight on that?

GREAT JOB PAul!!!! Thanks for posting the pics ! Where did you find the carpeting you covered that with??? Very professional looking.

Paul add a "Easy Bake Oven" to really finish it off, warm cake after a chilly night on the dock is just the ticket!

Not trying to steal your thunder paul wall
You did a great job!! :1036316054:

*Mobile audio as well as auto parts stores sell the carpets in small rolls. (Used for Subwoofers)
*You can even go to Home Depot or carpet stores to buy scrap "Hight Traffic" carpeting.
*Radio Shack has some items for your electronic needs.

Here is a nice site that I've used. It has alot of great ideas and parts. Check out the tabs in the menu and browse away.
Parts Express You can get a free catalog for future reference.

Finally a decent topic we all agree on!
You can even add a benefits calculator!!:hysterical:

nice looking radio box, is it possible to take a picture of it while its in the truck. so we could get a idea of what it looks like on the seat?

Don't know if you guys have assigned tractors, but for those who slipseat, Wallmart sells a collapsable ,wheeled cart that works very well for transportation of radios, lunchbox and snakebite kit to and from the employee parking lot. Sears has one also with largers wheels and can be purchased with your safety points giftcards. Both fold-up and fit nicely on the passengerside floor. Nice job, Paul. Press on:1036316054:

Just like dockworker said you can get the carpeting from mobile audio stores. The larger high end shops even have colored carpeting i.e. red, blue, purple etc. To start all you need is a half sheet (4'x4') of plywood or fiberboard. Plywood is a heck of alot lighter though. I got the blue LED's from advance autoparts in the accessories section. They have a bunch of goofy lights and other junk you can use. the switches, fuses, bananna plugs and wire came from radio shack. The handle on top came fom home depot, as well as the wood glue and adhesive spray. When you get the can of spray, make sure it is 3M high strength #90 adhesive. Nothing else will do, trust me on this. Its expensive, $13 for the can, but the holding properties are second to none. CB speaker is from radio shack $23, and the talkback modulator came from Pilot.

Here's a great idea... I'm sure alot of us have built boxes for the trucks, so why don't we post pictures of as many different kinds of boxes as we can? I built 6 myself for other dsr's, so maybe we can help out other guys who are kicking around the idea of building, but need more ideas?? Paul Wall, can you advise on how to post pictures on this site??