Yellow | Smith System Safety Training

Cab Lizzard

TB Veteran
Credits
Just wondering how your terminal is doing its safety training ?
Hours ?
Moving start times around ?
Contract violations ?
This is a very good program and your car insurance will give you a rate reduction for doing it.
The company has hired a safety position and this person ( Brown nosed) has rounded up his flat kneed buddies to help him train.

Hours ?
Contract violations ?
This is a very good program and your car insurance will give you a rate reduction for doing it.
The company has hired a safety position and this person ( Brown nosed) has rounded up his flat kneed buddies to help him train.

511 ? :butt kiss:

Hours ?
Contract violations ?
Not doing it.
Sleep or work as many hours as you like.
No.
No.
15 percent!!!!
Ours turned in his magic decoder ring already!!!!

HA HA , they have money to waste on that , but not give us back any pay ??? plus they have bigger problems with the NEW retirement program ,It's called " WORK COMP. MILKER'S FUND" !!!!! and they are talking of building bigger driver's rooms for them to sit in for 8 hours a day , cause they tried Bleacher stands , but now they are full too !!!

HA HA , they have money to waste on that , but not give us back any pay ??? plus they have bigger problems with the NEW retirement program ,It's called " WORK COMP. MILKER'S FUND" !!!!! and they are talking of building bigger driver's rooms for them to sit in for 8 hours a day , cause they tried Bleacher stands , but now they are full too !!!
Plus with all the extra people in the break room, they will need either a bigger capacity popcorn machine or will have to bring in some extra ones at the larger relays!!!! Nothing like a little milk with your popcorn!!!

Plus with all the extra people in the break room, they will need either a bigger capacity popcorn machine or will have to bring in some extra ones at the larger relays!!!! Nothing like a little milk with your popcorn!!!
Wouldn't be cheaper to have the loads ready when they get there! The snot nosed managers at our terminal don't even know what a cut time or schedule is!!! Just sayin it worked for the past 100 yrs

Wouldn't be cheaper to have the loads ready when they get there! The snot nosed managers at our terminal don't even know what a cut time or schedule is!!! Just sayin it worked for the past 100 yrs
You are missing the point Bart. My drinking buddy and I were referring to the room full of comp people.

My bad we have that and a room full of Linehaul drivers waiting on loads.

:heykoolaid: Drinkers :36:admitting you have a problem is the first step in saving your own:butt kiss:.

Last edited:
Smith System training is great.Why is the company wasting a ton of money on this.Only to turn around and purchase tractors.That virtually take most if not all of that Smith System training elements away from the driver? Such as electronic sensors that apply the brakes.Sometimes too much brake.To the point that the brakes lock up in high traffic.Or the horrible noise makers that go off constantly with the touch of the paint on the road.all this technology is great.Im all for safety.When the brakes lock up and you call the shop while stopped.The shop doesn't even know how to deactivate it.There is something definitely wrong.Im for the new equipment.Maybe we should have classes on the new technology in those new tractors.

The shop can't and wont deactivate anything related to safety equipment‼️Call a wrecker‼️

Smith System is a great idea. I took it 35 years ago and was forced to take it a couple of years ago and you know what? It hasn't changed a bit in all that time. I remembered everything I learned the first time and being forced to to it again is a waste of my time and the Company's money.

Smith System training is great.Why is the company wasting a ton of money on this.Only to turn around and purchase tractors.That virtually take most if not all of that Smith System training elements away from the driver? Such as electronic sensors that apply the brakes.Sometimes too much brake.To the point that the brakes lock up in high traffic.Or the horrible noise makers that go off constantly with the touch of the paint on the road.all this technology is great.Im all for safety.When the brakes lock up and you call the shop while stopped.The shop doesn't even know how to deactivate it.There is something definitely wrong.Im for the new equipment.Maybe we should have classes on the new technology in those new tractors.
I am quite. Sure the company is doing. The smith training again. To help their CSA score. And it helps lower insurance costs. Why not ask relay. Manager if they can always. Hook an older tractor for you. And leave the new trucks. To the real truck drivers ????

Her we are again complainingredients about Smith training ,new trucks, trainers all of this is related to doing your job safe to me that says that all you complainers don't care about coming home safe . I personally want all my coworkers To go home safe and all the drivers that share the road with my family to be safe. One more thing get over it or move on

Her we are again complainingredients about Smith training ,new trucks, trainers all of this is related to doing your job safe to me that says that all you complainers don't care about coming home safe . I personally want all my coworkers To go home safe and all the drivers that share the road with my family to be safe. One more thing get over it or move on

Nothing wrong with the Smith System training son. Just the seniority violations that go along with it.

Smith System is a great idea. I took it 35 years ago and was forced to take it a couple of years ago and you know what? It hasn't changed a bit in all that time. I remembered everything I learned the first time and being forced to to it again is a waste of my time and the Company's money.
Well one thing this company is good at is wasting money !