ODFL | Snatched airlines off dolly

IbleedOd

TB Lurker
Credits
I accidently left my airlines from dolly hooked to rear trailer, pulled off and snatched the airlines off. I had a preventable accident dec 2015 and about 2 non preventables in between. Do I need to be worried about my job?

I accidently left my airlines from dolly hooked to rear trailer, pulled off and snatched the airlines off. I had a preventable accident dec 2015 and about 2 non preventables in between. Do I need to be worried about my job?
Just put the gear back in the pool like most drivers do...let the next driver figure it out!

Trying to be sympathetic here, but if you worried about your job before hand you wouldn't have 4 accidents/incidents in 2 plus years. And yes..you should be worried about your job. Anytime you damage equipment you should be aware of the consequences.

2 nons will help, but they all add up. Good luck!!

Last edited:
Wouldn't worry.Now if you had 4 or more in a year then you would be looking for another job.One thing with OD they are very understanding on things like this.

Wouldn't worry.Now if you had 4 or more in a year then you would be looking for another job.One thing with OD they are very understanding on things like this.
Ahhh...he'll be alright. It's nearly impossible to get caned by OD. Everyone is right...do the right thing and you've got nothing to worry about. Slap on the wrist and a 5 minute video and he'll be as good as new.

How did you manage to leave the airlines hooked to your kite?

It seems like such a weird thing to forget. Did you not do your normal routine? What caused this?

How did you manage to leave the airlines hooked to your kite?

It seems like such a weird thing to forget. Did you not do your normal routine? What caused this?

Many of our drivers are in a hurry and talking on their phone while breaking and hooking. I don't know his situation, but stuff happens some days.

I don't get why anyone would be in a hurry to hook when your paid by the minute/hour. Safety first.

Take the time to do it right the first time or you'll spend more time dealing with the issue then if you would have done it right the first time.

Needless to say but yea I've been out for about 4-5 weeks and I normally stay out 5 days. Been doing 600+ mile days. Still no excuse but I'm just ready to go home
Respect the fact you're taking responsibility. Most drivers come up with some b.s. story and want people to feel sorry for them. You're a stand-up dude and someone I can share the road with!! Now just remember to do a proper post trip and incidents like this will never cause you grief again. We've all done something similar, if not worse.

Respect the fact you're taking responsibility. Most drivers come up with some b.s. story and want people to feel sorry for them. You're a stand-up dude and someone I can share the road with!! Now just remember to do a proper post trip and incidents like this will never cause you grief again. We've all done something similar, if not worse.
Thanks man. Will make sure to be more careful from now on

I don't get why anyone would be in a hurry to hook when your paid by the minute/hour. Safety first.

Take the time to do it right the first time or you'll spend more time dealing with the issue then if you would have done it right the first time.
They are not paid the same as you CON-WAY DSR. It is so much per drop / hook. Flat rate.

Needless to say but yea I've been out for about 4-5 weeks and I normally stay out 5 days. Been doing 600+ mile days. Still no excuse but I'm just ready to go home
Some days just like that.Don't worry about it.Hopefully learn the next time.I changed my routine year's ago.I pull my 5th wheel latch last.I do landing gear first then hosed&elect cord then lastly pull after I know everything else is complete.

Some days just like that.Don't worry about it.Hopefully learn the next time.I changed my routine year's ago.I pull my 5th wheel latch last.I do landing gear first then hosed&elect cord then lastly pull after I know everything else is complete.
Thanks ken! ☺️ I'll be using that technique from now on.

Thanks ken! ☺️ I'll be using that technique from now on.
I'm sorry,I wrote it wrong.:6817: I unhook my airlines and elect cord,landing gear,then pull 5th wheel.When I dump the bag's I alway's pull out just a little and double check all my air lines & light cord.Also,this gives you a 2nd chance to make sure trailer is staying up.You never know you may have a defective leg or you forget to roll gear down.Also,never get in a hurry..:1036316054: