TForce | Snow & Ice - On Top of Trailers

New Hampshire allready has, the law went into effect last Monday, and state police have allready mentioned on local radio talk shows that Truck Drivers are the biggest offenders, I can just imagine who will recieve the ticket for taking a dangerous vehicle on the road.

We are trying to get the ball moving.

From what I understand its up to the officer who he write's the ticket to. If someone is injured or killed, I know who is getting the ticket.

New Hampshire

New Hampshire allready has, the law went into effect last Monday

Accelerator,

What is this New Law - that You speak of?

I've spent the last couple hours trying to find something different then what I have already posted:

Snow & Ice - On Top of Trailers - post #31

and haven't seen anything New.

So, I will update previous information - as well as add some additional information pertaining to New Hampshire specifically:

The link for: HB 652 - Traffic Safety... is broken in original post above...

Here is the new link:

HB 0652

Here are the Laws referenced in this Bill:

Section 265:79 Reckless Driving; Minimum Penalty.

Section 265:79-b Negligent Driving.

Section 626:2 General Requirements of Culpability.

These three (3) news stories reference the same violations - as being applicable to the requirement and assessment of fines associated:

Police Pull Over Hundreds For Not Brushing Off Vehicles - New Hampshire News Story - WMUR Manchester

Nashuatelegraph.com: Snow, ice on car a deadly weapon

bilde

Nashuatelegraph.com: Ice, snow left on cars may injure

CarInsurance.com - also references the same:

My daughter recently got pulled over and got a $35 ticke?

misc.

Section 236:20 Snow Obstruction.

Section 266:72 Spillage of Material.

Accelerator,

I've spent the last couple hours trying to find something different then what I have already posted:

So, I will update previous information - as well as add some additional information pertaining to New Hampshire specifically:

Here is the new link:

HB 0652

These three (3) news stories reference the same violations - as being applicable to the requirement and assessment of fines associated:

Police Pull Over Hundreds For Not Brushing Off Vehicles - New Hampshire News Story - WMUR Manchester

bilde

misc.

New state law for NH as of last Monday
No vehicle is to have Ice or snow on their roofs.

I apologize... I guess I'm the idiot!

Should I be lead to believe that "Last Monday" was the actual effective date of House Bill #652 - which passed July 13th. 2001 with a projected (?) effective date of January 1st. 2002?

I apologize... I guess I'm the idiot!

Should I be lead to believe that "Last Monday" was the actual effective date of House Bill #652 - which passed July 13th. 2001 with a projected (?) effective date of January 1st. 2002?

What the heck is that all about. It seems as though NH had already passed this law. I saw on NECN that NH just past this law on Monday again. WTF!!!!!!!!

What the heck is that all about. It seems as though NH had already passed this law. I saw on NECN that NH just past this law on Monday again. WTF!!!!!!!!

Easy Now... Stay with Me...

You replied to a post that was addressed to Accelerator... as though You too were aware on the announcement - last Monday...

New Hampshire allready has, the law went into effect last Monday, and state police have allready mentioned on local radio talk shows that Truck Drivers are the biggest offenders, I can just imagine who will recieve the ticket for taking a dangerous vehicle on the road.

We are trying to get the ball moving.

Originally Posted by NiKDiesel

Accelerator,

This response - leaves out the most important part of what I was asking...

"What is this New Law?"

Accelerator's original message - suggests the possibility that it may have something to do with "taken a Dangerous Vehicle onto the Roadway"...

This is different then the "Reckless" or "Negligent" violations imposed through HB652...

Providing a generalized response "New state law for NH as of last Monday No vehicle is to have Ice or snow on their roofs." forced self reflection into what I was asking - requiring assumption into an answer that perhaps I had already found... yet, wasn't completely understood through both of Your post of a New Announcement that wasn't readily available through conventional methods (web search)

This last reply "It seems as though NH had already passed this law. I saw on NECN that NH just past this law on Monday again." is a little more specific - as well as gave Me the opportunity of pinpointing My searching in an area (for the news story that You saw) that I may have missed.

The intent of this thread is to provide as much current information - as well as specific documentation - for those interested in utilizing this information to their benefit and or specific needs...

Thank-You for Your latest response - even though You took it a little differently then I had intended for it to of been understood.

Easy Now... Stay with Me...

You replied to a post that was addressed to Accelerator... as though You too were aware on the announcement - last Monday...

This response - leaves out the most important part of what I was asking...

"What is this New Law?"

Accelerator's original message - suggests the possibility that it may have something to do with "taken a Dangerous Vehicle onto the Roadway"...

This is different then the "Reckless" or "Negligent" violations imposed through HB652...

Providing a generalized response "New state law for NH as of last Monday No vehicle is to have Ice or snow on their roofs." forced self reflection into what I was asking - requiring assumption into an answer that perhaps I had already found... yet, wasn't completely understood through both of Your post of a New Announcement that wasn't readily available through conventional methods (web search)

This last reply "It seems as though NH had already passed this law. I saw on NECN that NH just past this law on Monday again." is a little more specific - as well as gave Me the opportunity of pinpointing My searching in an area (for the news story that You saw) that I may have missed.

The intent of this thread is to provide as much current information - as well as specific documentation - for those interested in utilizing this information to their benefit and or specific needs...

Thank-You for Your latest response - even though You took it a little differently then I had intended for it to of been understood.

Your welcome, Even though I am still confused.:biglaugh:

Basically, You dont drive with snow and ice on top of trailers and you dont drive with snow and ice on top of roads either.

we have had this discussion in the feeder dept here in Metro NY for as long as i have been with the dept.,and until this year, the Co. has taken to task,to have snow removal
equipment placed in some of the larger hubs in the tri state area. N.J & Pa. and i think
CT. are the only states that have definite laws on the books that address snow removal
off of vehicles. NY is still working on it,but to date,no go.I spoke with several NYS troopers,and they have said that if they witness,or are informed by another motorist
that ice is flying off a vehicle,that they would impose fines to that driver.I have witnessed NJ Troopers pull over several T.T drivers,and 4 wheelers in the past three weeks.

we have had this discussion in the feeder dept here in Metro NY for as long as i have been with the dept.,and until this year, the Co. has taken to task,to have snow removal
equipment placed in some of the larger hubs in the tri state area. N.J & Pa. and i think
CT. are the only states that have definite laws on the books that address snow removal
off of vehicles. NY is still working on it,but to date,no go.I spoke with several NYS troopers,and they have said that if they witness,or are informed by another motorist
that ice is flying off a vehicle,that they would impose fines to that driver.I have witnessed NJ Troopers pull over several T.T drivers,and 4 wheelers in the past three weeks.

go back and check out this post:

Snow & Ice - On Top of Trailers - post #75

Accelerator,

Here is the new link:

HB 0652

bilde

misc.

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, allthough some time ago a law was passed in referance to this HB 652, the law spoke in generics, and reckless conduct.

Now numerous laws are being enforced, "HYBRIDS" voted on and passed last year into effect last Monday. Wether they modify HB 652 or add another is beyond me.

This speaks of fines and penalties imposed for malitious intent in referance to snow and ice. Unfortunatly it takes the state 10 years to put these laws on the books, I too have been looking for them and cannot find them by google I also do nothave an HB#. So with that being said as soon as I find them I will pass them on. Apperently enforcement for the most part lately is the key objective on most state and local law enforcements minds.