So did any of you risk your life shopping on Black Friday?

Discussion in 'The Drivers Lounge' started by Apostolic, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Apostolic

Apostolic Super Moderator Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
  2. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

I can't think of anything I need bad enough to get out among all those nutty people, I would rather pay double the price for something than hassle with all the traffic, parking, and pushing and shoving, not to mention the standing in line!

No way will I ever go shopping on black Friday.

3. FLOUNDER

FLOUNDER I am LAST

went out Thursday night 5pm with my daughter and got home around 10pm. Woke up Black Friday around 8ish and left the house around 9 and got home around 12:30.

I looked for more places too sit down at and let my daughter stand in line and she called me when the line got close to the front. My back was killin me, this is my last time doing that. We walked into one store and a woman said she was in line for 30 minutes and had only moved 2 feet in that time and was at the front of that store and had too go to back of store turn right and go length of store and then back to front to pay for the 4 items she had in her hands.

4. Road Dust

Road Dust Sunshine

See my post #227 on the "What I am doing today" thread. That's how I feel about shopping on black friday, lol.

5. 4ramsey

4ramsey Active Member

I did, you know what, after about 11am it was fine cause most of the screwballs did their carnage and left. I didnt go to the Large mall, i will do that one day this week while on Vacation
    I picked up a new pair of Timbrland Pro series work woots for a great price, Hit Home Depot and Tractor supply. Road dust, today i'm also going grocery shopping.

6. double r

double r Dock delivery expert

All my Black Friday shopping was to Thursday on Amazon. They have better and cheaper deals then the stores. Did all my shopping in my PJs, lol.

7. Road Dust

Road Dust Sunshine

That's my kinda shopping!!!

8. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

That makes two of us. I risked my identity though placing an order on LLBean.com.

9. bigbird42368

bigbird42368 Super Moderator Staff Member

nope, i went to work so my honey could spend it it later

10. Road Dust

Road Dust Sunshine

You are a good man Sir!

11. Cerberus_Kelpie

Cerberus_Kelpie Wings Over the World!

BLACK FRIDAY= another day for Boneheads to gather force to prove their midget mental and emotional characteristics whilst trampling, fighting, stabbing, shooting, etc., others of similar caliber. For all those that were harmed in any of the ways they suffered because of such glaring incompetence, oh well. There's are lessons to possibly be learned from such event (and of other events to follow) but first one needs BE WILLING TO LEARN. NO WAY, NEVER HAVE, NEVER SHALL!! Chuckles!!

12. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LAST

i do not technically "shop"...

i buy gift certificates.....and i am done "shopping"....

go anytime, any day......done deal.

i hate people, i hate crowds, i hate the pushing and shoving, i hate lines, i hate the attitudes, i hate holidays...as to me..a holiday is just a day off with pay.....and that is ONLY IF i work the day before and the day after.....so be off for one stinking "holiday", then go back the next day..??..drive on the highways, trying to do my job, and put up with the morons that are on the roads, racing from one stinking mall to another, messing up the lanes and backing up traffic...???

BS......make all holidays Monday holidays, this way, i get a full 2 days off....THEN the day AFTER, will just be "another Tuesday"....

nuff said...

bah-freaking hum-bah....

13. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

Thats ok with me, make mine to Lowes, and Pro1, don't spend a grand like last time, $500.00 is fine. Thanks.

14. Big Dave

Big Dave Dispatcher for Team BRG-Wong

Is Lowes code for "Victors" Secret??:)
    I'll take Home Depot, Pro

15. bigbird42368

bigbird42368 Super Moderator Staff Member

my wife wants something that is only at bed bath and beyond, i HATE that store

16. Socal_FedEx

Socal_FedEx DDDUUUHHHHHH

went out thursday night....walked into best buy...was out in 45 minutes....drove to target...was out in 30 minutes....hit the bar after that!

17. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

You know Dave.....LOL....I just can't say how much I appreciate your humor.

18. Apostolic

Apostolic Super Moderator Staff Member

Bed Bath & Beyond has their website,so you don't have to go to any of their stores to shop.

19. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LAST

actually, i live a mere 8 minutes from Lowe's, where the bulk of my home repair needs are purchased at.

i do also have (2) Home Depot's, about 12 minutes from me, one east of me and one south of me....where my dollars are not spent as much as at Lowe's..

i like thier special remote controls...

that was supposed to be humor..????

20. 4ramsey

4ramsey Active Member

Yesterday looked worse on the roads. I went to Fleet Farm to get gas and run the Suburban thru the wash. The women asked me if i had a receipt from the store for 4 cents off a gallon. I told her ,no, im going to the store later. She said "Brave Sole" have you looked at the parking lot? There must have been a secret sale, there wasnt an open spot in the huge lot