TForce | So much for the bid process

Greezy Trucker

TB Veteran
Credits
In Denver and Salt Lake MC line drivers are being told that they have til Friday to decide if they want to go to the O yards. Then if they don't get enough people then they will just move the bottom 10. And then they have to bid by Sunday. No one is telling them where they will dovetail in on the board. Does the rulebook not say that all bids must be posted 10 days in advance and completed 5 days prior to the start of those bids????? I know we knew it was coming but a little time to think about it would have been nice. And not a damn thing we can say about it.

G.T. you will gripe at everything. If they paid you to much you would complain about that. If you knew it was coming then you should've been prepared, so why are you griping?

misfit73 said:
G.T. you will gripe at everything. If they paid you to much you would complain about that. If you knew it was coming then you should've been prepared, so why are you griping?

Once again just to irritate you. That is my lifes goal. Do they not have the responsibilty do opperate the way they say they are going to? What a novel concept, do what you say you are going to. Keep singling me out I enjoy it.

misfit73 said:
Misfit73, I'm almost certain that if you or any of the other good ole boys were in GT's or for that matter Motor Cargo's ranks, you would be complaining too. It is not too hard to put myself in there shoes. You know GT is right. Why didn't they post it? If anything management knows what is coming down the pike first before a driver. This effects their livelihood. Financially and personally. I'm sure if it was a situation that you were put in, you would want all the facts to make the best choice for you and your family. Speaking of family, I tire at this crap of "O" and "MC". In case you haven't notice, we are UPSF. This is a critical chapter in our history, we need to work and share our strengths and ideas with each other so that we can kick a$$. Even though you are from the south, my cold yankee tolerance respects your opinions!!

greezy trucker said:
In Denver and Salt Lake MC line drivers are being told that they have til Friday to decide if they want to go to the O yards. Then if they don't get enough people then they will just move the bottom 10. And then they have to bid by Sunday. No one is telling them where they will dovetail in on the board. Does the rulebook not say that all bids must be posted 10 days in advance and completed 5 days prior to the start of those bids????? I know we knew it was coming but a little time to think about it would have been nice. And not a damn thing we can say about it.

GT.. the Pho M.C. terminal has bid twice in the last 3 weeks with no notice that we were bidding just a phone call to the top of the board on a Monday. Rule book optional i guess. :shrug:

Dreemer said:
GT.. the Pho M.C. terminal has bid twice in the last 3 weeks with no notice that we were bidding just a phone call to the top of the board on a Monday. Rule book optional i guess. :shrug:
Remember the rule book is just a generalization of interpetations, which at anytime management can overide. Comforting huh? We have junior employees who start before people that have been with the company for years. Always a excuse, never an answer. Management is excersising there right, we'll soon be excersising ours!!

hugnlug said:
Remember the rule book is just a generalization of interpetations, which at anytime management can overide. Comforting huh? We have junior employees who start before people that have been with the company for years. Always a excuse, never an answer. Management is excersising there right, we'll soon be excersising ours!!
And good luck to you!!!

Dreemer said:

Very optional!!!!! We lost a run and the only way we knew it was because your driver that meets ours, told him he was losing his run.

greezy trucker said:
Very optional!!!!! We lost a run and the only way we knew it was because your driver that meets ours, told him he was losing his run.

and apperantly there's no hurry on this bid because we're rebibbing in two weeks. So that will be 3 bids in 5wks. some guys will run the run they bid for about a week.
:chairshot: what the hell are they doing? Line haul closes tomorrow for M/C does Virgina know what there doing? i think not :duh:

Dreemer said:
and apperantly there's no hurry on this bid because we're rebibbing in two weeks. So that will be 3 bids in 5wks. some guys will run the run they bid for about a week.
:chairshot: what the hell are they doing? Line haul closes tomorrow for M/C does Virgina know what there doing? i think not :duh:

Oh have faith........they are highly trained ENGINEERS!!!!! Don't let the fact that they don't even have a clue what the hi-way looks like or the demands of the area......THEY GOTTER FIGURED OUT AND WE WILL ALL BE.............numbers man that is all they care about......

heres a nice little tid bit.....Not only is there an hour we had to give up but on the runs that go to the wonder "O" yard....The out time on your turn is 2 hours after your arrival time....So lets see....We give an hour at the start of our run,three hours in the middle and pray that there is no road closure in either direction so we can donate another 4 hours..... Where is the good part of this deal!!!!!!????????????

greezy trucker said:
heres a nice little tid bit.....Not only is there an hour we had to give up but on the runs that go to the wonder "O" yard....The out time on your turn is 2 hours after your arrival time....So lets see....We give an hour at the start of our run,three hours in the middle and pray that there is no road closure in either direction so we can donate another 4 hours..... Where is the good part of this deal!!!!!!????????????
And then if you do get any delay pay, You get the slap in the face with what they call delay pay? This is disgusting!

Greezy Trucker,

Now let me see...you were making $.4858 in 12/05 and that went to $.5073 in 2/06 and will go to $.5173 in 7/06. That's over a $.03 per mile increase and you still have three more increase between 7/06 and 7/07. The current top rate for OVNT road is $.5313 and its bound to go up again on 1/1/07. So you will get roughly $.06 increase per mile in a 1.5year span...not bad.
In addition, you are now in a fully funded pension plan with 1.725 contribution (works out to be roughly 51% of average of 5 highest consecutive years earnings. Now that compares to your old MC pension that paid a maximun of $500 per month after 30 years..not bad again.
Also on 7/1 you will have better health care, better dental, better vision, better long term disability, better short term disability, better life insurance. At a better cost.
I guess I just wonder why you focus on the negatives so much?

greezy trucker said:
But can you smell what Leo is cooking???? Don't forget flexibilty, wonder"O" would just go broke without the two!!!!!

WOW, I'm still trying to figure out how O stayed in business for 80 yrs with crazy O/R, no service (2 days PNX-ALQ:biglaugh:), crushed freight, pissed off employee's and junk equipment. M/C with it's 80+yrs did just fine with better O/R, happy employee's, clean equipment, all kinds of service and tight freight. :duh: What's UPS thinking buying this juke outfit? :duh: