FedEx Freight | So what should the punishment be?

The unfortunate truth is that there's not one carrier out there that will give you a second chance to do your log book right unless you personally contact the safety department and inform them that a submitted log has errors in need of correction.

I will agree that it's a petty thing, especially from our perspective as drivers, but failing to accurately report on your log book is considered to be more serious by the government than a rollover accident. Because, to them, that makes you a liar. And liars, in their view, are trying to cheat and drive outside the law. It's BS, but that's how it goes.

And because of that lopsided view, the carriers can't afford any other view. If you're allowed to cheat or lie, even a little, the carrier gets nailed with huge fines if the DOT ever audits them and finds out. Was it a convenient excuse? I'm absolutely sure it was. But that doesn't change that it'd be the same outcome if it wasn't an excuse.

The unfortunate truth is that there's not one carrier out there that will give you a second chance to do your log book right unless you personally contact the safety department and inform them that a submitted log has errors in need of correction.

I will agree that it's a petty thing, especially from our perspective as drivers, but failing to accurately report on your log book is considered to be more serious by the government than a rollover accident. Because, to them, that makes you a liar. And liars, in their view, are trying to cheat and drive outside the law. It's BS, but that's how it goes.

And because of that lopsided view, the carriers can't afford any other view. If you're allowed to cheat or lie, even a little, the carrier gets nailed with huge fines if the DOT ever audits them and finds out. Was it a convenient excuse? I'm absolutely sure it was. But that doesn't change that it'd be the same outcome if it wasn't an excuse.
Off topic but good to see you back...don't be a stranger!!

It really all comes down to where you are at and who you are... favortism runs rampant in a lot of centers and things get swept under the rug frequently... I personally have never logged any stop unless it was breakdown but I also never stop for longer than a couple minutes...

possibly more to the story but you said you know drivers fired some similer offences.My question is then why on company logs is there a box for corrected copy????this says they exspect mistakes.
The plot thickens even more when you get ALL of the facts!! I suggest you keep digging...I'm not going to air another man's dirty laundry on here but as usual, there's more to the story that someone isn't telling!

possibly more to the story but you said you know drivers fired some similer offences.My question is then why on company logs is there a box for corrected copy????this says they exspect mistakes.
That's for when YOU realize you've made a mistake, it gives you the opportunity to correct it.... once you sign the log, it becomes a legal binding document.

The plot thickens even more when you get ALL of the facts!! I suggest you keep digging...I'm not going to air another man's dirty laundry on here but as usual, there's more to the story that someone isn't telling!

Ahh yes and you should get a better source other than the alchoholic from pkb.

Ahh yes and you should get a better source other than the alchoholic from pkb.
I don't know any alcoholics from PKB...I do however talk to several drivers, road and city, from PKB...including the driver in question's father.
I see you have no problem airing others dirty laundry!

Last edited:
I don't know any alcoholics from PKB...I do however talk to several drivers, road and city, from PKB...including the driver in question's father.
I see you have no problem air others dirty laundry!

Once again you haven't a clue as to what your talking about. I see most from your side have something to hide probably the reason they don't want to be put on level playing field.

Once again you haven't a clue as to what your talking about. I see most from your side have something to hide probably the reason they don't want to be put on level playing field.
Again, I know more than you think I do...maybe his son was one of the ones that left and went to UPSF...it is getting late and I've had a long day.
What do we have to hide?
How is the playing field not level?

Again, I know more than you think I do...maybe his son was one of the ones that left and went to UPSF...it is getting late and I've had a long day.
What do we have to hide?
How is the playing field not level?

Better to play this game than play hide the sausage

A
As usual, it takes a while for the truth to come out.
Yes, we get two 15 min breaks that should be logged as on duty not driving, when you stop the truck for 7 mins or less, no entry is required on the log, 8 minutes or more and you have to log it.
Word is the driver in question was stopping for 15 mins, sometimes up to 30 mins without logging anything.....that's falsifying a log and it will get you terminated....regardless of which side of the fence you're on.

Red, who told you that "less than 7 min" requires no entry but "8 min. or more" does? You are supposed to log all "duty" as it is done.

You can "flag" (off the drive line) "duty" that is less than 15 min. There is no 7 min 29 sec rule (that you mentioned elsewhere), that I'm aware of.

Technically we can not show less than than 30 min "off duty" since that is the threshold for being off duty per fedex policy. This complies with the lunch rules, as far as truly being "off duty". Breaks are not actually off duty, I agree.

I'll agree that there must be more to the story. Why would the Company know? Why would the Company "care to know"? There is no compensation to be of anyone's concern. Also, why would the driver NOT show this time correctly on the log? Inquiring minds, ya know?