TForce | so you want to give up $83,000

While your factoring costs in,how about the higher cost of health care,taxes you have to pay on your higher wages,and union dues.

How does the raise look with all of those factors?

While your factoring costs in,how about the higher cost of health care,taxes you have to pay on your higher wages,and union dues.

How does the raise look with all of those factors?
Union dues are an insurance policy. It is something you wish you didn't have to pay, but when you need the union you will be damn glad you did.

Yup I know we have to pay for representation,and a bargaining team to get us what we'd like to get in contract talks.

I was a Teamster for just over 20 years 21 years ago.
I always was able to declare my dues payments on my yearly income tax form.

So those payments are not that bad if you make out the long form when you do your income tax return every year.

Yup I know we have to pay for representation,and a bargaining team to get us what we'd like to get in contract talks.

I was a Teamster for just over 20 years 21 years ago.
I always was able to declare my dues payments on my yearly income tax form.

So those payments are not that bad if you make out the long form when you do your income tax return every year.

The real deal on all this talk is that we will finally have a voice, be that not as strong as the NMFA it is still a voice which is more than we have now.

Yeah right our voice is going to be a peep, compared with all the remaining Teamster LTL companies working under the NMFA.

no, when you think somthing is always gonna be taken away from you that is called paranoia I never said it won't be taken away I said you can't go around telling people it will be taken away without somekind or proof or evidence.

This is not paranoia, this is called statistics, it is statistically proven, that a match of any sort, from any company, accepting the union, will take away xtra monies given and move it somewhere else. there is only a set amount, per employee ,paid into payroll, so weather they pay you in match, or they pay you in overtime, the monies you are earning is still there as opposed to what you are accusing me of saying, what UPS did is take our match in stock, and gave it too us in OT, OR RAISES OVER THE NEXT 5 YEARS, they virtually gave us nothing XTRA in this contract for INDY. And this is what we will be allowed to do when we negotiate, the company cannot give you what they do not have.

This is a chance anybody takes when using A third party negotiation firm.

Secondly, it is also statistically proven, that pentions is a thing of the past, we are in new world order, this is the dawn of 3PL, companies, those involved in such, is moving all liquid assets into this investment. Most investments are in foreighn trade. This is where the monies is.

By eliminating pentions, this allows companies too eliminate fixed profits, being thrown into an accout for you, in a fluid economy, with risky investing. So the amount you now earn is a %. based on profits.

Particularly when we are investing in a very fluid economy, profits very in an economy as such, so it is much more attractive for MR. CEO, to invest a flexible%, based on profits, into an account for you, for retirement, as opposed to a fixed amount of ( hyprthetically speaking) $5.00 per hr.

This is not paranoia, this is what is happening in this country, as we speak, do you watch the news? Do you see what people are saying on these boards in other companies.

I am not out to insult people here, but by doing a little investigation, companies are taking things away from workers on a regular basis and I thought this would be obvious, appearently it is'nt.

no, he said it was gonna be taken away anyway and that is what I responded to, and as I said before the union could have negoited to keep it.

My wife is a school bus driver for our local school district.
Shes also the VP of their union,its a division of the NYS Teachers union.

She helps in the barganing of all their contracts.

She tells me once the school district is able to take something away.
Its gone forever.
She has to be very careful to see how everything is worded.
For just a word or two miss placed can change everything.
When your dealling with voters school district budget money,she says the district can be very crafty during these barganing talks.

My wife is good at watching out for her whole group,to not let any golden nuggets slip away during these barganing sessions.

I think she should have been in on this Indy contract,maybe they would of come out better?

no, he said it was gonna be taken away anyway and that is what I responded to, and as I said before the union could have negoited to keep it.
O,
Certain things in negotiations are off the table for both sides. It appears that the match is one of the issues that UPS had no intention of continuing. In that case at some point the Union will agree to that but then get something that the employees wanted that UPS had no intention of giving. That's the very nature of negotiation.....give and take. Assuming, and it's an easy assumption, that UPS was not going to continue this for Union workers, no matter what, I think it's really a stretch to believe that they'll gladly keep matching it for anybody else. It's just logic.

This is not paranoia, this is called statistics, it is statistically proven, that a match of any sort, from any company, accepting the union, will take away xtra monies given and move it somewhere else. there is only a set amount, per employee ,paid into payroll, so weather they pay you in match, or they pay you in overtime, the monies you are earning is still there as opposed to what you are accusing me of saying, what UPS did is take our match in stock, and gave it too us in OT, OR RAISES OVER THE NEXT 5 YEARS, they virtually gave us nothing XTRA in this contract for INDY. And this is what we will be allowed to do when we negotiate, the company cannot give you what they do not have.

This is a chance anybody takes when using A third party negotiation firm.

Secondly, it is also statistically proven, that pentions is a thing of the past, we are in new world order, this is the dawn of 3PL, companies, those involved in such, is moving all liquid assets into this investment. Most investments are in foreighn trade. This is where the monies is.

By eliminating pentions, this allows companies too eliminate fixed profits, being thrown into an accout for you, in a fluid economy, with risky investing. So the amount you now earn is a %. based on profits.

Particularly when we are investing in a very fluid economy, profits very in an economy as such, so it is much more attractive for MR. CEO, to invest a flexible%, based on profits, into an account for you, for retirement, as opposed to a fixed amount of ( hyprthetically speaking) $5.00 per hr.

This is not paranoia, this is what is happening in this country, as we speak, do you watch the news? Do you see what people are saying on these boards in other companies.

I am not out to insult people here, but by doing a little investigation, companies are taking things away from workers on a regular basis and I thought this would be obvious, appearently it is'nt.
Only about 50% of the eligible emplyees have the 401k, so it is a win for those without. My place has about 2 out of 10 in the 401k. It is not a big issue here.