ABF | Something to go after next contact

Need to get more sick days used to be 10 until we gave it away

If we ever had ten sick days, it had to be before the eighties. But, I agree that we need more than the five we currently have.
15061468-A871-49E9-95DF-AC7485A6A8C8.md.jpg FFDAEAB8-49E3-4B53-AC91-AAA1BCA44022.md.jpg

We never had 10 in the Carolinas.
we also need to up date bereavement days , currently we get three for immediate family (mother,father,sister,brother,wife,husband,children,grandchild) and one day for mother/father in law . salaried workers get five bereavement days . also there are no bereavement days for sister/brother in law and no time for grandparents . This needs to updated .

City gets triple time for working holidays the road should get double time plus your run. And they should ask you if you want to work not force you to work and a paid holiday
Correction, you get double time for working holidays. You get holiday pay for the day whether you work the day or not.

I work the majority of holidays; I like the free money. I especially like when I can go out or come in around midnight. Work 10 minutes and get paid an extra 4 hours for it. SWEET. :)
Same here, I just didn't work Christmas or Thanksgiving.

Remember working Halloween evenings when the REACT teams would be on the overpasses on the CB telling us it was safe from kids dropping pumpkins on to the trucks passing underneath.
Us Southerners were too poor to have warnings.
We did have a Charlotte driver shot in the leg when Bowman was on strike.
At night the Ryder signs were red like Bowman.
The union made them cover the signs on the front of the trailers before we pulled them.
And we talk about the good old days!

Us Southerners were too poor to have warnings.
We did have a Charlotte driver shot in the leg when Bowman was on strike.
At night the Ryder signs were red like Bowman.
The union made them cover the signs on the front of the trailers before we pulled them.
And we talk about the good old days!
At midnight, March 31, 1976, the NMFA agreement expired and there was no new contract agreed to yet on April 1st. Many of us were stuck out on the road away from home base. We were told to make signs to put in the cab windows stating that we were heading home to make sure no "accidental" gunshots would strike the truck.

PS - Expecting to find picketers around the terminal when I got back later on April 1st, I saw nothing unusual going on. Wondered what was happening, something didn't seem right. Parked my unit and went inside and it was party time. Company had ordered pizzas and soda and everyone was havng a good time. Maislin was great like that. No bad vibes, whatever the new contract was going to be was fine with them.

At midnight, March 31, 1976, the NMFA agreement expired and there was no new contract agreed to yet on April 1st. Many of us were stuck out on the road away from home base. We were told to make signs to put in the cab windows stating that we were heading home to make sure no "accidental" gunshots would strike the truck.

PS - Expecting to find picketers around the terminal when I got back later on April 1st, I saw nothing unusual going on. Wondered what was happening, something didn't seem right. Parked my unit and went inside and it was party time. Company had ordered pizzas and soda and everyone was havng a good time. Maislin was great like that. No bad vibes, whatever the new contract was going to be was fine with them.
If I'm not mistaken that was the time 6 of us were stranded in Birm, the company gave us bus tickets home.
We cashed them in and rented a Dodge Monaco back to Charl.
They thought they could send us back to Birm free and bring the trucks back, surprise, surprise, we were paid both ways.

If I'm not mistaken that was the time 6 of us were stranded in Birm, the company gave us bus tickets home.
We cashed them in and rented a Dodge Monaco back to Charl.
They thought they could send us back to Birm free and bring the trucks back, surprise, surprise, we were paid both ways.
You guys didn’t spring for the Chrysler Cordoba with Corinthian leather???

Need to have language that doesn't force road drivers to work on holidays and if we do work them it's a 8 hour penalty not 4 hours
When forced to work on holidays, they should guarantee bid drivers their full check for the week. Tired of working on holidays, only to be cancelled the next two days in a row because the city drivers were off and there is no freight

When forced to work on holidays, they should guarantee bid drivers their full check for the week. Tired of working on holidays, only to be cancelled the next two days in a row because the city drivers were off and there is no freight
Remember, trucking is a service industry. And that means service the customer not service the driver. I know sometimes it stinks, but that's the nature of the job and what we signed up for.

Remember, trucking is a service industry. And that means service the customer not service the driver. I know sometimes it stinks, but that's the nature of the job and what we signed up for.
Next time your out working on a holiday, see how many other freight Companies are working, besides YRC